Childhood Comics: FONTO FORCE #4 – The Quest for Maple Syrup

James / July 24th, 2011

Comments

• xdeathknightx

July 24, 2011 at 9:15 am

Wizzard as in Terry Pratchett? ;)

• TomM

July 24, 2011 at 5:57 pm

The art in these comics are really good for a kid. nice work.

• Rayta Marsh

July 24, 2011 at 8:04 pm

Haha this is cute! I love it :D very well done

• MrFrostingbutt

July 24, 2011 at 8:33 pm

So funny! Maple Syrup is so random.

• July 24, 2011 at 8:57 pm

Haha, I remember how you came up with Jevor that one day. (Okay, I may as well come clean. It’s me, Trevor Rockett… but I digress). These comics still hold up well after all these years! No matter what the haters say, and we all know that “haters gonna hate”, you still rock and roll!

(I can’t say you heavy metal, cause I’ve yet to see “heavy metal” used as a verb.)

• frostare

July 25, 2011 at 11:17 am

How many comics from these series? Hope a lot!

• July 25, 2011 at 12:12 pm

Trevor, good to hear from you again! Hope you enjoy seeing this comics again after all these years.

@frostare -
    There’s 7, though the 7th was never finished. My drawings started to get a little better, but I think I just gave up. My favorite is still the maple syrup one though. Funny for me to look back at these.

• frostare

July 25, 2011 at 8:25 pm

I agree, this one has funny moments, heroes joining forces, villains joining forces and randomness overall. That said I still hope the last ones include new villains, maybe a female one, heh.

Well, I’d be looking forward the last three… or two, oh well. May the 7th comic’s ending be faring well in the same heaven as Swordquest’s “Air World.”

• July 25, 2011 at 10:51 pm

A part of me wants to go back in time and help young James with his spelling errors. But seriously, great drawings and a great sense of humor in these.

• Rasengan999

July 26, 2011 at 1:56 pm

Man, James, these comics are awesome! I love em! Hey, you said how #7 wasn’t finished. You think you’ll finish it when it’s time for scanning? That’d be cool, ..and weird.., it’ll be all retro-old at the beginning, then suddenly switch to modern. We’ll be able to see the advancement of your artwork and the evolution of your humor over the years. THAT, would be cool.

• July 26, 2011 at 6:45 pm

THAT was a sticky situation. *crickets* Ah, uh… haha… uh… … … *ehem*

• Freaknut

July 27, 2011 at 5:07 am

What I want to know is why the wisest owl in the forest just happens to carry around a brick to bonk people on the head with.

*stick gets thrown back into the road* “You’ll pay!” XD

• MadGamer

July 29, 2011 at 6:55 pm

I wrote comics too! I still do. These are great James.