Comic-Con 2011: UPDATE # 1 – Clusterfuck

Mike / July 22nd, 2011

My first update has me talking about arriving at Comic Con and not making it into my first panel, due to Comic Con’s traffic control randomly blocking me from two different directions. It didn’t help that there’s no consistency as to when you’re allowed to get into the building. People were jammed up against the entrances and weren’t let inside until 9:30am, only a half hour before the event started, so it was not enough time for me to get to the panel. (People who DIDN’T have badges yet were getting into the building at 9am. Go figure.) A disappointing first update, but check it out.

Comments

• PorkFrydRice

July 22, 2011 at 10:27 pm

Vampires vs. Zombies??? That’s gotta be the most one sided fight ever. Vampires have super strength and since they are technically already dead it’s unlikely that a Zombie would even pay any interest to them.

• xdeathknightx

July 22, 2011 at 10:48 pm

Well at least now the Deadliest Warrior guys are able to admit they just make shit up or are fresh out of ideas. Vampires vs zombies… right.

• svarti

July 22, 2011 at 11:39 pm

I’m at a hotel and i can’t enter to spike.com because of “bikini/loungerie” sigh*

• cloob1

July 22, 2011 at 11:47 pm

LOL: “All Access”… denied

Looks like a pain in the ass just to be there.

• clarence

July 23, 2011 at 1:50 am

Spike can’t get you a damn press pass or something. These “James wandering around comic con trying to get into things and ultimately failing” depress me.

• timster

July 23, 2011 at 4:08 am

Dang, those line directions and barriers are a killer!

• Treg

July 23, 2011 at 6:01 am

If James can’t get in anywhere, how does anyone? Sheesh.. Comic-con sounds more and more like a bunch of crap to me, definitely would not ever wanna go there in person. What a mess :/

• thefro

July 23, 2011 at 9:27 am

Considering you’re working for spike.com and Deadliest Warrior airs on Spike, it’s ludicrous that they couldn’t get you some sort of VIP pass into that panel..

• Jigglysaint

July 23, 2011 at 4:40 pm

I would have squeezed though the barriers. Security would have been floored to see a guy my size squeeze though a small space that they would forget to kick me out.

• J.J. McSandfarm

July 23, 2011 at 4:44 pm

Ganbatte James!

• Furydeath

July 23, 2011 at 5:27 pm

Spike press pass is for just getting in the line nothing else.

• July 24, 2011 at 12:51 am

This is a Spike fail. Instead of posting a video of you going to one of THEIR panels and talking about it, they post a video of you distraught at how impossible it was to get into their panel. Why even post it then?

It’s like “hey, we’re Spike, we had this panel and uh… nobody could get in, even Jame’s Fucking Rolfe!”

• walkingstickman

July 24, 2011 at 1:12 am

@PorkFrydRice:

Vampire super strength my ass.

Have you ever seen how they’re depicted nowadays?

Even Simon from captain N would beat their shit while zombies are like rabid hunters running at any target available.

• July 24, 2011 at 2:47 am

No offence dude, but these videos are WAY too short… I would like to see a really phat vid from this instead of 1-2 minutes of footage from an entire day at Comic-Con…

• TomM

July 24, 2011 at 5:40 pm

That really sucks….. Hope it gets better for the sake of everybody. :/

• KennyO78

July 24, 2011 at 7:44 pm

James is experiencing the worst part of Comic Con. I attended in ’09 and though I had some fun, the overall mass of people put a damper on the experience. I was warned ahead of time, but it was so apparent to me while I was there that they need to cap this thing lower, or move it to another location. A huge part of the crowd could careless for comic or geek culture, and just wanted to see movie stars, be on TV, and get free stuff.

• jsin1276

July 25, 2011 at 2:25 am

The line to Ballroom 20 is on the opposite side (northern side) of the map btw, though it was a cluster as always when it comes to lines. As if you ever want to see some panel you have to show up at least maybe two panels ahead just to be safe as that is the only way to guarantee yourself the chance to see what you want. Especially when it comes to Ballroom 20 or Hall H.

• Darknid

July 27, 2011 at 11:29 am

Vampires don’t have super strength. Not traditionally. Also, they can be killed in ways a normal human would be. They just don’t need their organs(brain included) to function. If you rip a vampire to pieces, it will die. So vampires vs zombies in a war, zombies win easily. 1 vampire vs 1 zombie, the vampire wins.