AVGN text interview on RetroScreamers.com

James / June 17th, 2011

Check out this text interview on RetroScreamers.com. (It’s on the main page.) Rose and Tony were in The Blob Town video.

Comments

• WonTooMany

June 17, 2011 at 10:20 am

Good interview James. And I’d definitely have to agree with your choice for best Sega Genesis game. The Chaos Emerald challenges in 2 were the best! Worst game for Genesis would have to be Ghouls ‘N Ghosts, much to hard!! Now there is an idea for a shitty game review.

• officialjab

June 17, 2011 at 10:31 am

Huh, apparently you’re a blogger and you do lots of blogging. I don’t think that’s the word I’d use for Cinemassacre.

If you get together those emails from the game companies that contacted you it would make a REALLY great post. Even a short video, if there were enough content.

• goldeneye007man

June 17, 2011 at 1:18 pm

nice

• deusprogrammer

June 17, 2011 at 1:41 pm

“Ghosts and Goblins” and “Ghouls and Ghosts” aren’t for the weak of heart.

• ctu

June 17, 2011 at 6:55 pm

You don’t know how shocked and happy was when I saw the first question about favorite arcade game. Turtles in time was my all time favorite as well. I got so good at that game that I was almost able to beat the game with one token (or was this game a two token per play game?)

Heck I could go on about this game. I guess I know what I would do if I ever made my own arcade machine πŸ˜€

• Fei Wong

June 17, 2011 at 7:45 pm

I didnt know that James was Married, at least that says in the interview briefing. Im getting married this year and im so fucking nervous!!!!
    PD: I want to buy that Atari ET ad πŸ˜›

• viJilance

June 17, 2011 at 9:53 pm

i ain’t even mad bro

• filipepw

June 17, 2011 at 10:52 pm

i know what would be awesome?
    if one day james when james goes big as a movie maker
    he did the first Legend of Zelda movie adaptation
    that would be aweeeesome^^

just joking, no pressure dude…

• Blasphemy666

June 17, 2011 at 11:28 pm

@WonTooMany Ghouls N Ghosts is one of the best genesis games. I beat it twice through to get the good ending it took hours but it was worth it and fun as hell.

• June 18, 2011 at 12:19 am

Hey Don’t be negative!

Ghouls and ghost are hard games, not bad games. You want BAD sega games? play Sword of Sodan, Or Home alone 2. Want a game that looks ok but when to play it rapes you? play Disney’s Fantasia for genesis.

• TomM

June 18, 2011 at 8:41 pm

Cool interview. I don’t know why but I got a kick from the question and answer about your cats. Liked the interview and hope to see more.

• WonTooMany

June 18, 2011 at 9:24 pm

@ Blasphemy666- I said it was a bad game (in my opinion) because of the difficulty level. Hasn’t James himself played games he says are bad, but other people love/ have nostalgia for? I’m sure that we can all agree there are some TRULY awful games our there, no matter the system.

• nerdyguy64