AVGN on “Good Game” ABC TV Australia

James / June 2nd, 2011

A recent TV spot shows Lachlan Barclay and Mike Mills at work, who have composed music for the AVGN episodes “Mario 3”, and “R.O.B.”, the Board James episode “Crossfire”, and “The Dragon in my Dreams.” See the TV spot here.

Also, see my previous post about Lachlan’s music and downloads.

Comments

• June 2, 2011 at 10:12 am

Ah, the Good Game ep I missed when it was aired. Thanks for posting :).

• ZeroCharisma

June 2, 2011 at 10:50 am

It’s a shame that that show sucks so much now.
    Why did they have to get rid of Junglist and replace him with a pair of tits that knows nothing about video games?

Not only that, but they keep Bajo, the useless fool who would sit there spewing memes and agreeing with whatever Junglist would say.

• June 2, 2011 at 11:24 am

I thinks they will be in the AVGN movie credited for the music.

• viJilance

June 2, 2011 at 12:13 pm

meh.

• killteck

June 2, 2011 at 3:09 pm

Bajo and Hex are so annoying. They seem so fake. Fucking lame! The musicians are cool. I liked the Castlevania 2 music best.

• greedo

June 2, 2011 at 6:12 pm

Hey James;

I didn’t know these guys were Australian. Can I ask if you have met them personally? (I know sounds like a dumb question, but it’s worth a shot). Great stuff!

• June 2, 2011 at 7:19 pm

Epic music, you gotta use this for the AVGN movie! Well you’ll likely use it, I mean you already are but that music is brill.

• Shazza1990

June 2, 2011 at 7:32 pm

Guys sound awesome, what a great idea. Never realised the music I was hearing was Australian 😀 I always thought I should check out who did that music in avgn, but I never got around to it. Thanks for the link ^^

• genju

June 2, 2011 at 7:47 pm

Nice shot of Touhou being played in the background.

• Big A2

June 2, 2011 at 8:38 pm

Honesly ZeroCharisma, and killteck. I wouldn’t complain about Good Game, as we’re lucky to even have am Australian show about video games on TV. And they don’t seem so fake to me. They seem to know what they’re talking about most of the time.

• ObSoLeTe

June 2, 2011 at 11:55 pm

ahh cool, i mentioned this on the avgn movie comments

the 2 reviews are ok i just take all there reviews with a pinch of salt

• dickmosby

June 3, 2011 at 11:41 am

Hey guys CHECK OUT MY REVIEW OF SCOTT PILGRIM VS THE WORLD http://youtu.be/od138TRJowA thanks 🙂

• ajgenard

June 3, 2011 at 3:36 pm

Cool video. Nice to see the actual work that goes into this stuff.

• masterchan777

June 3, 2011 at 5:42 pm

Hey James, please consider Resident Evil Gaiden on the Game Boy Color for an upcoming AVGN episode ..

• EBPyeah

June 4, 2011 at 2:32 am

@Big A2

Level 3 is far superior to Good Game, as the hosts have actually played the games that they are reviewing and have knowledge of games from the early 90’s.

All the Good Game hosts do is read of a teleprompter.

• June 4, 2011 at 7:20 am

great musicians! Inspirational!

• unts

June 4, 2011 at 7:29 pm

Castlevania was the best one

• Dr. DM

June 5, 2011 at 1:54 am

Gyromite ah good times, and good rendition of CV2. The Minibosses another good video game cover band, along with The Advantage!

• efreet

June 5, 2011 at 11:48 am

These guys are so cool and so talented

• June 6, 2011 at 2:49 pm

What the fuck, James?? Why the hell did you remove my comment?? I didn’t post spam. It was just covers of video game by The Advantage. You got something against me personally? I’ve never been an agitator or a whiny brat or an ass whole just looking for a fight. I call bullshit on removing a perfectly legitimate post. You’re an ass hole, James.

• June 6, 2011 at 2:50 pm

Okay, I am the ass hole. My sincere apologies. I guess the internet is being a dick. When I clicked to read the updates my original post was gone. Now that I posted my super dickish post it appears. My most sincere apologies. I’ll learn to bite my tongue from now on.

• greedo

June 6, 2011 at 4:53 pm

Hey Twisted Speech;

No worries. The same thing happened to me when I tried to post on here. I tried to post the same comment four times, only to have it rejected. It finally took on the fifth try. It seems that WordPress is a bit finicky at times.

• Heart

June 7, 2011 at 9:26 pm

Holy crap! They’re playing Touhou in the background!

• syborfical1

June 14, 2011 at 8:25 pm

Pretty Cool ! Will James every go on Good Game?

• diegowar

July 30, 2011 at 2:02 pm

These guys are awesome. I myself have already tried to do such work, and I can tell you it’s very time and mind consuming 🙂