I play Golgo 13 during charity event

James / May 2nd, 2011

Pat the NES Punk had a charity event, a while ago, where he played an insane amount of different NES games during a 24 hour marathon. Originally the marathon was a live streaming event, but recently, he posted the best moments. There is a spot where the “nerd takes over” and plays Golgo 13. If you haven’t seen it, check it out.

Comments

• scronan

May 2, 2011 at 5:02 pm

Holy crap that is one of the grand daddies of shitty games! Also one of the hardest to beat! I finished it back in the day a few times…even without using an autofire controller (helps a lot on the last bosses guardians). But man…I don’t think I could ever play it again. You forgot to mention that its one of the few games on the NES where you can actually get laid (or is it the only one?)…;)

• killteck

May 2, 2011 at 5:05 pm

nes punk= lame

• May 2, 2011 at 5:47 pm

That was the first game I ever rented

• spideyjuano

May 2, 2011 at 5:50 pm

lol, that was so AVGN but without the costume, it felt weird and cool at the same time, as if i wanted to see you as james rolf but i just couldnt stop seeing the AVGN

• spideyjuano

May 2, 2011 at 5:51 pm

haha sorry i misspeled your name

• windowlicker808

May 2, 2011 at 5:56 pm

yeah, i can’t believe he left out the part where you get to fuck some chick in a hotel room and your health maxes out. not to mention it was almost two decades before bangin’ ‘tutes in parked cars was all the rage in grand theft auto.

• May 2, 2011 at 6:09 pm

I remember seeing this when it happened. This was hilarious especially with Pat mentioning there is a secret code to get the nudity. I beat this game when I was a lot older because the mazes pissed me the fuck off.

• viJilance

May 2, 2011 at 6:20 pm

Meh, this review was short and not needed. Needs more James.

• bartman12345

May 2, 2011 at 7:07 pm

you may or may not read this but i think, you JAMES FUCKING ROLFE should do a 24hr charity event but only throw in at least 1 game from every system you own.

• ovafaze

May 2, 2011 at 7:16 pm

so will that be considered the AVGN episode for this month?

😛

• M3n747

May 2, 2011 at 7:56 pm

I don’t know what that was all about, but oh well. Can we have the favicon back now, please?

• May 2, 2011 at 8:16 pm

I love it, it’s like a mini nerd episode.

• Sonicsalt99

May 2, 2011 at 9:04 pm

@killtech You know him and James are friends, right?

• Mr. Arkadin

May 2, 2011 at 9:07 pm

Best part of the whole marathon, which isn’t saying much

• gradual

May 2, 2011 at 10:25 pm

i didnt really knew that nes punk that well, but i liked that marathon. i started watching it a bit late, but i saw you. was an epic moment, lol.
    everyone in chat was typing “the neeerd”, haha.

it was a cool situation. people from all around the world were kinda like sitting together in a room and playing some games “together”.
    would be nice to repeat this kinda stuff again someday. maybe with some snes games this time, who knows.

• May 3, 2011 at 12:27 am

The ending was funny as shit: I hyped it! That should be a new meme or something. Fucking funny.

• May 3, 2011 at 4:33 am

This was great. I saw it on Pat’s site when he posted it. Funny to go back and watch all the great memories from the Marathon. This was one of the best.

• DjDiabolik

May 3, 2011 at 5:08 am

Hey MF.. where it’s E.T. Review ?!??!

• May 3, 2011 at 9:52 am

I’m glad you posted this. I couldn’t sit through the marathon any later and had to go to bed, and then the next morning, a friend of mine said that you were on. I was mad that I missed it!

• SoldierCJ13

May 3, 2011 at 11:14 am

dude! i worked like 13 hours that day and only caught half of that stream but i was there and it was awesome 🙂 🙂 🙂

• Wien

May 3, 2011 at 3:24 pm

Golgo13…. what a horrible game.

The funny thing is, when I first played this ages ago….. if you try to spam the A button in one of those lengthy chats, it will keep looping the same dialog over and over. Its a trap you have to be paying attention to the dialog to get around. So annoying.

I liked that vid clip, it was like super old school avgn. Raw and to the point

• hate those fucking shitty games

May 3, 2011 at 4:55 pm

Holly shit!!! I didn’t even know Golgo 13 had a game!!!! Have you ever watched the anime James? It’s pretty good except it could start to feel kind of repetitive. But all in all not a bad show, as for the game though….that’s a whole’nother story lol

• TomM

May 3, 2011 at 5:06 pm

Really funny. I laughed so hard at the ” Fuck this game and fuck you, Pat!” Thanks for the good laugh.

• Jimbo

May 3, 2011 at 5:57 pm

It’s kinda weird that your in character as the Nerd but not wearing the Nerd clothes.

• Zentu

May 3, 2011 at 8:50 pm

Hmm… Speaking of the AVGN, Now that Osama has bitten the dust, Maybe now would be a good a time as any to review some “WAR Games” You know…. as a tribute.. Anyone remember “Conflict” on the NES? The game was just so tedius, Honestly growing up I had no F-ing idea what I was doing. and the whole…thing about the “FLAG TANK” being destroyed the games over. (depending on whose is destroyed first) I mean, thats ass…..it dosent work that way in a real war, Oddly enough its the only NES game that I know of where as you can hold down a button before a battle and have the computer fight for you while you say…Go take a dump, eat pizza or whatever.

• buddybuddy4848

May 3, 2011 at 10:41 pm

Yeah, Golgo 13 sucks. But the sequel, Golgo 13 II: The Mafat Conspiracy, is actually pretty good. I would recommend you try it if you haven’t already.

• May 4, 2011 at 1:24 am

Lol,

• May 4, 2011 at 5:19 am

It’s not exactly a nerd episode, but it’s okay with me 🙂

• May 4, 2011 at 6:15 am

I remember this. They disguised the segment as a world premier of a new code that allegedly unlocked adult content in a game that I forgot the name of

• May 4, 2011 at 7:43 am

That game was hard as sun-baked month old mountain lion shit….why does shit like that turn white when it’s old anyway?
    Anyhow I gotta lean toward liking that, at least from memory, the sound effects and difficulty were high for sure but I remember liking it..especially when he got a lady alone in that top floor hotel room, they don’t show you whats going on but we all know, it should have been called Golgo 69.

• May 4, 2011 at 4:04 pm

I saw Pat in an episode of SpikeTV’s 1000 Ways to Die (love the show BTW), where he was interviewed as a ‘video game historian.” I didn’t even noticed it was him the first time watching. Must’ve been his real last name that threw me off.

• May 4, 2011 at 5:52 pm

Is this the NES game that shows a nipple during a cut scene? I remember watching a friend play that for a long time just to see that part but I can’t remember the game. I’m thinking the main character was some James Bond knock off guy. Fox— fox something is coming to mind for some reason.

• Darylwolf

May 6, 2011 at 8:52 pm

this isnt the mai episode isnit? if no when the fuck is it going to be realised. sorry if you didnt understand a fucking word of the first sentence i didnt kwew how to write it.

• May 8, 2011 at 4:17 am

when is E.T???

• Eltro920

May 8, 2011 at 9:32 pm

It’s in 50 fart days.

Just take a really bad shit, and by the time you’re done, the movie’s out.

Plus James Rolfe is starting to look more like Tom Fulp who also grew a beard after reaching his 30s.

• May 12, 2011 at 11:33 am

This is our Nerd episode this month? BOO! >:-(

• pmbeast

May 16, 2011 at 2:58 am

HOW DID HE NOT COMMENT ON HIS LEGS?!

• Prophet Wing

May 16, 2011 at 11:11 am

All I can say is that I’m surprised Golgo 13 even got released in the States… and not just for the gameplay reasons. *nudge nudge*

No, it wasn’t released… it escaped!

• z

July 13, 2011 at 5:11 pm

I’m up for 24hr NES marathon anytime f*ck work!

• Schloss Ritter

July 21, 2011 at 5:43 pm

I remember that Tetris 2 ad. It also subtly advertised the top-loader NES.

• UltimateTomato

August 2, 2011 at 1:56 am

I remember renting this game and it SHOCKED me with a very un-NES-like IMPLIED SEX scene! You can enter a woman`s apartment, who invites you to stay the night, and the lights go off! Much much milder than the anime show of course, but i was surprised it got past the Nintendo censors.

• OlDirtyVinceDm

February 20, 2012 at 9:51 pm

it’s clearly inspired of some james bond stereotype or something lol the agent with a stylish suit fighting other people wearing suits, having sex with women and unrealistic face to face shootouts