MORE PLAN 9 PHOTOS – zombie van attack

James / April 8th, 2011

Here’s some more photos from the set of Plan 9.

This shot was a bit tricky. While driving, I had to hit two marks. 1) when to fire the blanks 2) when to hit the breaks, stopping the van at the right spot, before I went off frame or out of focus. I’m not left handed either. Either way, it was badass!

For these zombie attacks, I was sitting in the BACK of the van. Most of us hadn’t even seen the zombie actors until they showed up banging on the glass. It was scary, in a fun kind of way. This should be a Halloween attraction. Take the guests in a van, through a zombie apocalypse.

Comments

• April 8, 2011 at 5:57 am

haha, awesome! are you done filming your parts in the movie, or can we expect more pictures?

• Filmmassacre

April 8, 2011 at 6:44 am

seing james with a gun is exactly what he wrote
    BADASS!

• April 8, 2011 at 7:01 am

Pretty good stuff. My wife and I watch the MST3K version of plan 9 all the time. In this role do you receive an awesome death? or a silly death like Mace Windu?

• April 8, 2011 at 7:31 am

Having seen episodes of Spade, one thing’s for sure – James is going to kick some ass!

• Schloss Ritter

April 8, 2011 at 8:28 am

Understandable why they wouldn’t show you the zombies ahead of time: to get an even better surprise reaction on camera.

• Juanse

April 8, 2011 at 9:10 am

this looks beyond AMAZING. i live in argentina, so the movie probably won’t get here… but i’ll get it. ONE WAY OR ANOTHER!!!

• scronan

April 8, 2011 at 11:17 am

Cool shots, thanks for sharing! I think you need a good Duke Nukem quote for that picture of you with the gun:

“Your face, your ass, what’s the difference?”. 😉

• lenny

April 8, 2011 at 1:05 pm

I can’t wait to see James shooting zombies, it’s gonna be AWESOME!!

• tehmuffinzman

April 8, 2011 at 2:14 pm

I can’t help but chuckle a little while looking at your epic frown in the second picture. By the way, you know you’re listed fifth on the cast list on the plan 9 site? It looks a little odd since your character doesn’t even have a name.

• AtlasNR

April 8, 2011 at 3:23 pm

Make sure you attempt them to persuade them to release the DVDs without region coding and unnecessary packaging. Gotta stop the bullshit for sure.

• April 8, 2011 at 4:11 pm

That’s a pretty good idea for a halloween attraction! Excellent pictures, looking forward to this film!

• RYGAR

April 8, 2011 at 4:38 pm

AWESOME. love the “AVGN scowl” with the hand cannon!! Fuckin’ sweet picture.

• April 8, 2011 at 5:29 pm

nice handcannon!

• GoldRoger

April 8, 2011 at 7:41 pm

You gotta love the AVGN-esque face you did there.

• Cdy2007

April 8, 2011 at 9:14 pm

These pics are fuckin’ awesome and I can’t wait to see it. On an unrelated note, is this you? http://www.hotbloodedgaming.com/forum/showthread.php?13256-AVGN-Takes-In-A-Frozen-4-Hockey-Game&p=169856#post169856

• 666drummerman

April 8, 2011 at 10:58 pm

lol that revolver is pretty cool

• Nick Williams

April 9, 2011 at 12:09 am

I gotta say James you look fucking badass in those pics, can’t wait to see the movie!

• aggelos02

April 9, 2011 at 1:30 am

Does the production crew just let you take pics knowing you’re posting them on your website??

• SirLinkalot96

April 9, 2011 at 10:12 am

That is so badass. Can’t wait to see how this all turned out at the movies!

• TheBrambler

April 9, 2011 at 10:50 am

What are they shooting on? (camera)… looks like a sizeable production…

• TomM

April 9, 2011 at 11:45 am

Sweet photos. This movie is going to be bad ass!

• mrscruff

April 9, 2011 at 11:53 am

This looks so freaking cool. Love that gun. Make Ed Wood proud!

• JackeeLee

April 9, 2011 at 12:12 pm

Nice pics. Classic AVGN faces will be seen by milions on the big screen!

• cobaltnightsky

April 9, 2011 at 2:53 pm

Hey, James
    thanks for sharing this experience with us! It’s really interesting and the way you present it make me feel you really want to share it with us 🙂 Glad to see you are getting involved more and more into things that you want to want to: webseries, movies, etc…

Just wondering: who is taking these pictures? Is Mike with you? Finally, how do you manage to get involved in the shooting of this remake (perhaps I missed out some posts…)
    Also, I realized that you have beard but not for AVGN episodes. Is there any reasons why you shave for AVGN ?

It’s kinda funny: more and more, I feel AVGN is getting away from you as you wish to move on other personal projects. I know you would like to make the AVGN movie true, but somehow, and according to your latest posts, the Nerd will be less important than the past years.
    In a way, I can understand you would like to change, it’s been more than 5 years!

Wait for more of your work, keep on going. Following you in your projects is really interesting and, in some ways, exciting!

Cheers from France!

Vincent

ps: yeah, you do look like cool in Sheriff suite, you should have been selected for Walking Dead 🙂 “Yeah, some serious motherfuckers to shoot, ass!”
    PPS: playing in the remake of the “worst movie of all time” is kind of ironic, I feel: as mrscruff said, Make Ed proud!

• Jel-K

April 9, 2011 at 3:54 pm

looks amazing

• rockingsanta

April 9, 2011 at 3:58 pm

Hehe, nice, with that expression you can almost make a new Eastwood. 😉

• April 9, 2011 at 3:58 pm

Thanks for posting these pictures of the production James! It’s really fun to see how things are coming along. I’m excited to see the movie!

• Shadd

April 9, 2011 at 7:45 pm

nice

• ReggaeSoul

April 9, 2011 at 10:51 pm

Nice photos, funny face expression you got there. (In a good way)

• April 10, 2011 at 12:08 am

I can tell already that this movie will be awesome, and I haven’t even seen the original.

• Crude

April 10, 2011 at 4:28 am

I can see a bit of the nerd frown coming through, i love it!

• Medevilblader

April 10, 2011 at 9:28 am

If this is coming out to theatres, I have to go see it.

Nice expression, definitely badass holding a gun looking like that. The look you have on your face in the back of the van is awesome, very funny too, in a “Oh shit! Zombies!” way.

• Nightzero

April 10, 2011 at 11:21 am

when can we see that movie? is it going to be in theaters? are you going to distribute it online? are you going to sell it by internet? please answer!!!!!!!

• Kiarachu

April 11, 2011 at 5:32 am

Wow!You look really badass and cool in those photos!I like it very much and when the movie will come to theater I will see for sure :3

• Nerdy Nerd

April 11, 2011 at 8:26 am

Coooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool…

• April 11, 2011 at 2:38 pm

You remind me of Rick Grimes from the walking dead =)

• April 14, 2011 at 8:09 pm

James, I must say, you look incredibly sexy in that uniform. I can’t wait to see this. 😉

• April 14, 2011 at 9:18 pm

In that second photo, it looks like you’re doing your “Angry Nerd Frown”!

• April 17, 2011 at 5:13 am

I know what you’re thinking. “Did he fire six shots or only five?” Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you’ve got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, nerd?

• ford3517

April 24, 2011 at 6:30 pm

James, is your character married? If not you may want to lose your ring during filming. Just noticed that little detail.

• Ken10Ethan

April 26, 2011 at 8:54 am

Hah, James if i knew you…I would PROBABLY stalk you…Not that i’m gay or anything…

• DangerousDuoComedy

May 29, 2011 at 7:34 pm

zomg james looks like a demon in that one pic o_o lol!!

• taykel

June 5, 2013 at 1:17 pm

James is so badass in these pictures. Go kill those zombies man!