Upcoming projects and AVGN plans

James / March 28th, 2011

Hey everyone! As always, thanks for coming to the site and watching my videos. Here’s what I have coming up.

PLAN 9 (FEATURE FILM) – I’ll be acting in the Plan 9 From Outer Space remake. I’m a police officer. I first publicized this a while ago, but now it’s actually happening. I’ll be on set in April.

WEB SERIES – Mike is continuing the Game Glitch videos. He’s always finding obscure tricks in video games. Also, we still have a monthly Movie Review, the new “OverAnalyzers” show (starting this Wednesday), and weekly TMNT-related videos which start in April. (think “April” O’Neil). Also, I’ve been working on “Monster Madness 2011”. Also, I can’t wait to get back to doing some “You Know What’s Bullshit” and “Board James” episodes. The reason there hasn’t been any in a long time is because the AVGN episodes have always been the #1 priority, but AVGN also happens to be the most time-consuming of all projects. With board games and movies, you don’t have to record hours of game footage. I enjoy the spontaneous energy that comes out when Mike and I shoot other kinds of videos. Sometime this summer, I hope to do more of that.

AVGN FEATURE FILM – After 100 episodes, it’s time for AVGN to move forward! We have a story that NEEDS to make it to the big screen. My friend Kevin and I wrote the script years ago, and it’s been sitting on the shelf since. It’s time to put some kind of focus on it, and get it moving. The hardest part about making a movie is getting it started. In order to do that, I’ll have to take a break from the regular AVGN episodes. Episode 101 will come, and it will be a big one. But after that, I need some time off. I feel very privileged to have lots of your support, and I will ask help for various roles when the time comes. Making a feature length film is a personal goal of mine, and I thank you all for helping make that possible.

Comments

• March 28, 2011 at 4:39 pm

Awesome! Hope the movie fulfills your goal. I’m sure it’ll turn out great.

• Ed Ground

March 28, 2011 at 4:50 pm

I’m looking forward to ALL of this, but beware of haters, everyone’s not going to like a break in the nerd episodes. Personally, I think AVGN needs a break, and then come back in full force again! You have my full support, good luck with everything!

• ForTheLulz

March 28, 2011 at 4:51 pm

Although I’m a little disappointed about the break, I can’t complain. It’s all for other videos which are awesome too. Thanks for the notice!

• kevenz

March 28, 2011 at 4:53 pm

I think the same about Avgn…. it’s time to move forward and maybe put it on rest for a while….. I don’t want to see the exact same video over and over anyway.

Anyway I’m more interested in your new OverAnalyzers shows right now πŸ™‚

• manwithnoname

March 28, 2011 at 4:55 pm

look forward to the new videos and upcoming movie. cinemassacre is my escape from shitty life.

• You Can Just Walk Over It

March 28, 2011 at 4:56 pm

If the ROB AVGN episode is indicative of some of the dramatic moments the upcoming AVGN movie might have (the nerd dying, suiting up with the accessories like Arnold in Commando, the castlevania 2 credits music etc etc) then sign me up as a crazed fan who can’t wait!

Huge movies are a major time sink so my only fear is the AVGN movie being too much of a burden in the next year/s. If regular AVGN episodes are eating away at so many current projects, I really hope the movie won’t completely ‘shut things down’ … But then I realized, you’ll find a way to make it work. Good luck!

• March 28, 2011 at 5:03 pm

Congrats James, really. Cinemassacre.com has been growing and evolving over the years and I get the sense that 2011 is going to be a big year for you and your career as a filmmaker. Seems like you’ve built a really solid following of fans who are equally excited to see what you create this year as you are to make it. Glad to see the monotony of AVGN every month hasn’t worn you down man, and don’t let the casual fans complaints over the break get to you…It’s easy for people to spout out their impatience over the internet. Keep up the good shit man.

• desolatorXT

March 28, 2011 at 5:04 pm

Basically i love all your work, board james is nice, you know what’s bullshit is funny, i enjoy monster madness… but AVGN is my fav show! And the fact that it’s “put aside” for other/upcoming projects, may be a little dissapointing for some fans, including me…Anyway, good luck.

• Grimmjow Jeagerjaques

March 28, 2011 at 5:04 pm

I’ll miss the hell out of AVGN but if it means you get your movie out there I’m all for it. I wish you the best man, go kick some ass.

• TomM

March 28, 2011 at 5:08 pm

Can’t wait to see the upcoming projects. I think it’s really cool that you give us updates like this. Anyways, I really am looking forward to the AVGN movie. I know people aren’t going to like the break but I say that it’s OK. I’m fine with the game glitches and other smaller projects while waiting for the big ones coming up. Full support from me, James!

• March 28, 2011 at 5:18 pm

Considering the EPIC return from the last break, I don’t mind the prospect of another one. And, continuing those other shows is a great idea.

• March 28, 2011 at 5:20 pm

sweet, lokking forward to that movie!

• EliteDeath

March 28, 2011 at 5:21 pm

I’m sad to see AVGN is taking an extended break, but I’m glad to hear that you’re going after other things, including the movie. Its good for your career really, this will be a big year for you and your friends/fans. Best of luck to all of you, James.

Actually I thought of an idea, why dont you auction off a few roles to your movie? You can donate the money to charity or something. I’d love to be in it, I’m releasing 3 short movies this year, and you inspired me James.

• mantrox

March 28, 2011 at 5:22 pm

You have got my full support ;)Good luck with the movie!

• Vampire3s

March 28, 2011 at 5:22 pm

You have my complete support. I have been watching you for yeaaaars, and I don’t think you ever get stale, old, or redundant. If you want to take a break to make what I imagine will be a classic movie to all internet goers, then you take that break, James!

• March 28, 2011 at 5:23 pm

It’s been pretty obvious for awhile now that the break was going to have to come in order to get the movie made. I enjoy the other videos as much if not more than AVGN, so no complaints from me. Do what you need to do to get it done.

• BunchProductions.com

March 28, 2011 at 5:28 pm

Yes, I remember feature film and also your commercial performance in big one movie.

• March 28, 2011 at 5:35 pm

You got to take the time off to make your dreams come true and all of us are behind you in support! Ill be first in line to watch the AVGN movie πŸ™‚

• darkknightdetec

March 28, 2011 at 5:35 pm

I’m with most other people on this–if an AVGN hiatus is what it takes to make the movie, than that’s perfectly fine. I’m glad you’re still putting so much time and energy into the series that has made you so famous. After 100+ episodes, it’s only natural for the Nerd to move onto some bigger and better things (like the big screen)!

And (depending on my schedule) I’d love to contribute to the AVGN movie–I’m actually in school for film/video production right now, and I would definitely love to help out if I can.

• March 28, 2011 at 5:45 pm

James i am not going to lie after the 100th episode i ran across your plans to do the movie and every day since i have been thinking about that movie. hope it gets ready soon, and everyone will be cheering for you. P.S. you are a very great film maker and the recent avgn episode shows you have what it takes. along with deader the better and other films i feel you have a strong back bone for this.

• yyepyep

March 28, 2011 at 5:49 pm

I wouldnt mind if you took a couple months off from avgn to make other stuff. TO be honest, sometimes I like the board james eps more

• benjigoenitz

March 28, 2011 at 6:08 pm

woa, great information!!!, i can’t wait to see all your next work!!! ;D

• March 28, 2011 at 6:10 pm

So will the AVGN be done forever after the movie? Either way, I think it’s good that you’re taking a break to make the film. I’d rather see a film than more episodes, if I had to choose at this point. 100 is a big number and it was a great ride.

Be sure to keep us posted on the production! Even if it’s just short articles like this one letting us know where the production is could be neat, rather than forcing us to wait in silence for a trailer to someday just show up.

At least I’d love that kind of stuff to appear on the site, just my two cents!

• March 28, 2011 at 6:11 pm

Oh, will the movie be free online when it’s done? Or will fans have to purchase a DVD?

• Chris L

March 28, 2011 at 6:20 pm

Wow you’re the man !

All good news !

Sure thing take all the time you need as long as we know you’re working on new shit !

‘Plan 9 From Outer Space remake’
    ‘Board James Episodes’
    ‘OverAnalyzers’
    ‘AVGN FEATURE FILM’
    ‘AVGN Episode 101’

Wow wow and wow !

Make sure to take some time to RELAX.

• zoslize

March 28, 2011 at 6:24 pm

Awesome, lots of goodies coming our way!

• March 28, 2011 at 6:25 pm

Good Luck James! I’m really looking forward to seeing the movie and I hope it really works out, and turns out the way you envision it. In the meantime I’m excited to see OverAnalyzers! You and Mike put out the best vids on the internet, so keep up the good work!

• Brightstar

March 28, 2011 at 6:32 pm

Bravo James. Bravo. Like I said in my ep 100 post, I had expected you to end it. It seems I was partially right, and you deserve the vacation man. I look forward to seeing the movie, but just remember that we’re ready at your beck and call if you need extras in your film. I can only hope to review as many games as you have and certainly I’ll never have the costumes you have. Here’s to hoping 101 is what you said you wanted long ago, either E.T. or Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing.

• scronan

March 28, 2011 at 6:32 pm

I look forward to seeing the beginning and completion of your feature film, and whatever other goodies you do along the way! I’ve always thought that AVGN would just be the stepping stone to many greater things to come for you, and it sounds like you’re definitely heading in that direction.

Best wishes, good hunting and happy crappy gaming as always! πŸ™‚

• Jimbo

March 28, 2011 at 6:45 pm

Sucks that you will have to take a break from AVGN but for the movie it will be worth it. Plus All the other stuff that will be going on here will keep me entertained.
    I look forward to seeing you in Plan 9.

• encey

March 28, 2011 at 6:47 pm

Fuckin’ A, dude. Given that we don’t pay you a thing for your entertainment, it’s generous of you to still provide all those awesome other videos while you’re on your AVGN hiatus. Looking forward to hearing how the movie-making progresses — good luck!

• March 28, 2011 at 7:02 pm

A police officer? More like THE police officer.

• Shikinanaya100

March 28, 2011 at 7:09 pm

Huh, so many good things to come this year huh. I look forward to whats to come next greatly. You being ina real moive will help now wont it? Maybe people will really start to see you more now. You have tons of fans already but maybe you can get more this way. Heh, maybe you should be a cop who happens to love AVGN. As in have your cop car have signs of it. Bumper sticker. I don’t known, but it would be cool if you could get more veiwers that way. Though all we can do is wait for you. Your fans always got your back James and we have been with you. We will make sure no Mr.buckets try and suck your balls…(>.0)

• March 28, 2011 at 7:16 pm

I’ve been anticipating OverAnalyzers, that’s for sure!

I’m excited to see you in Plan 9.

I’m glad Mike is keeping up with the game glitches series. They’re fun videos.

I don’t feel like it even needs to be said, but I’m hella excited for the AVGN movie. I wouldn’t mind a break from the normal AVGN episodes if it meant you could get the ball rolling with the film. Exciting stuff! Hopefully I will be able to contribute in some way with the film.

Also, thanks again for providing some of the best entertainment on the web. From AVGN, to Monster Madness, and random little extras you give us like your recent photography/drawings. It’s obvious that you appreciate your fans, and we really appreciate all of the hard work that everyone at Cinemassacre does.

I would say keep up the good work, but I feel like it’s a given. I mean, I feel like James could make a video of himself doing something really mundane, like folding laundry, and still have tons of hits and comments.

• JayRam

March 28, 2011 at 7:17 pm

Wishing you and your career the best of luck — you deserve it.

Keep on rocking, man!

• AvGnIsAwEsOmENeSs

March 28, 2011 at 7:19 pm

Take your time James. I wish you the best of luck with your AVGN Feature film. I know its going to be the best film in the internet because you’re AVGN!! And Your AWESOMEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!! We got your back and you have 200%+ of our support. Peaceeeee Motha Fuckaaaaaaa! Nothing But Love.

• March 28, 2011 at 7:27 pm

Dude, thats so awesome that you’re going for your dreams. I will do ANYTHING to get AVGN on the big sceen…seriously. I’ve been watching your vids since late 2006, and to this date, you’re the most talented guy out there. I know wherever Cinemassacre goes in the future it’s going to have amazing heart behind hit…and I’ll be right there to support it! πŸ™‚

• BMovieBen

March 28, 2011 at 7:41 pm

Your like the mom of the internet… there’s no breaks for you its work work work. you’re a kind person and you bring joy to your fans Good work james!!!!!

• March 28, 2011 at 7:42 pm

Bullshit & Board James?! Hell yeah! I’m a bit saddened you won’t be making any new AVGN episodes for a while after episode 101, but the strange thing is I was thinking you needed to take a break if you were ever going to get your AVGN movie off the ground. I can’t wait to see what you do for the Bullshit & Board James stuff. Maybe it’s time to retire the nerd after the movie is released, a sort of farewell like Mike Judge did with Beavis & Butthead. I know you got lots of other things you want to do and I’d hate to see the Nerd ware out his welcome, so to speak, kinda like the Simpsons has. Good luck with your work that you got coming up soon, James, I am definitely pulling for your success in all of your endeavors!

• AvGnIsAwEsOmENeSs

March 28, 2011 at 7:55 pm

Naaaa AVGN ain’t going nowhere even after his big film drops…..He haves a lot more to share with us. He ain’t just going to pick up and go! Not just yet! This is just the beginning of what other surprises he haves in store for us. Lets make this happen babyyyyy! I agree with with Corey,BMovies, and Twisted he is the most talented and he does have a big heart, and yea it sucks to see him not do AVGN Video’s for a while but its aiight he got this. He know what hes doing! He needs a break too you know. Hes just human.

• [email protected]

March 28, 2011 at 7:55 pm

dude, you should make a kickstarter account so your fans can donate money to help with the movie

I am sure you could get people to donate enough so you could take some time off and have enough money to do it

Good Luck!!

• Butch Bitch

March 28, 2011 at 7:57 pm

Yes, Yes, and YES!

Oh my god, I am SO fucking exciting about the AVGN movie. It’s about time you started working on it!

If I can do anything to help, you know I am always available. As is my fellow fans.

• setherd

March 28, 2011 at 8:10 pm

I can’t wait to see you in Plan 9. That’s going to be absolutely great.

I look forward to your upcoming projects and plans for AVGN. The movie reviews, top ten lists, and Monster Madness videos are easily my favorite web series of all time. I really enjoyed the Jackie Chan ones.

Best of luck, James!

The game glitch videos are terrific. Best of luck, Mike!

• jman91896

March 28, 2011 at 8:34 pm

Hey James,
    Hi, my name is Julian. I have watched your videos for three years now, and I love everything you do. I am trying to get a career in acting, but I’m only fourteen. Not only would it be nice to even be allowed to audition for a role in your movie, but it would be an honor to meet you. If you need a recommendation, I could gladly ask my acting coach to give you one. It’s a stepping stone process, and it would be great to start the steps with one of my biggest heroes. Email me at [email protected] if you are even interested. I hope you get around to reading this, and I would love to help you out in any way I could.

• DementedGodsend

March 28, 2011 at 8:51 pm

Waiting for your videos (any of them) is like having that itch in the middle of my back that I can’t reach, but it’s worth it for yours! I’m sure after doing 100 episodes of AVGN you feel a bit pigeon holed, which is unfortunate for someone with so much talent. With that said, I will be incredibly bummed without new AVGN episodes to watch. Let’s face it: I have an obsession, but you do what you gotta do!

Your creepy fangirl!
    DG

• Speezix

March 28, 2011 at 9:10 pm

Excellent news James! I wanted to know if you would need any free crew members or “interns” on your movie, whenever you start production. Have you considered what state(s) you’d film in, and their respective taxes, etc?

I’d love to help for free, grip, gaffer, production assistant, set dress, etc.

I’m a film production student in college and live in New England, just sayin’!

• doctorphantasm

March 28, 2011 at 9:21 pm

It all sounds great. Anything you put out, I’ll be there for it! Can’t thank you enough for the hours of entertainment and many, many laughs you’ve given me!

• March 28, 2011 at 9:22 pm

Good luck with everything you do.We are all behind you.AVGN episodes are just the best thing on the net and Plan 9 shouldn’t disappoint.

• adecourv

March 28, 2011 at 9:34 pm

I haven’t exactly had luck with auditions as of late so let me know when acting gigs come up!

• BlueGemini

March 28, 2011 at 9:35 pm

Good luck on your projects, James. That’s really really cool! Hope everything will be a success… no, I think IT WILL succeed =)

Thank you very much for all of your videos. (^^)

• Gonzalo_vm

March 28, 2011 at 9:51 pm

excelent!!!!!! go nerd go!!!

• Schloss Ritter

March 28, 2011 at 10:01 pm

It’s good that you have a plan laid out, unlike many of us that coast through life without one and don’t get much accomplished (like myself).

So, is the AVGN movie going to be the traditional feature-length of about 90 minutes? Or will it be more of a short film (not likely since regular AVGN episodes have already passed 20 minutes)? Besides the target length, it would be cool to find out how long the uncut footage runs eventually.

• JustApollo

March 28, 2011 at 10:03 pm

It’s going to make the big screen? Nice.

• Analbag Thats Me

March 28, 2011 at 10:08 pm

Sounds like a good plan. The AVGN episodes are awesome, but I agree it’s time to move forward. Take that time off to work on your dreams and I’m sure 90% or more of your fans will be behind that plan. I’m sure you hear this constantly, but thanks for everything you do. Your work is awesome!

• taykel

March 28, 2011 at 10:11 pm

Good luck with the feature film, James! I can’t wait!

• Syph

March 28, 2011 at 10:42 pm

I know some people will complain about not getting their AVGN fix and I sympathize to a degree. But I would love to see you get that movie going and see it come to fruition.
    If you really will need extras for various roles your rabid fanbase will volunteer readily, I’m sure. I certainly would jump at the chance.
    Good luck and can’t wait to see what you do next!

• Jigglysaint

March 28, 2011 at 10:52 pm

Weekly TMNT videos sounds awesome, and I am always down for more YKWBS and Board James, and I can’t wait to see how the Plan 9 remake turns out. I really am so lucky to follow such talented and funny people.

• Furydeath

March 28, 2011 at 11:05 pm

Woo AVGN the movie can’t wait but then again I kinda have to and waiting is what make’s it all worth it. πŸ™‚

• March 28, 2011 at 11:33 pm

Its fuckin awesome that you are making a movie for the AVGN. I was wondering if you would read part of the script for us in a video?

• oldworldcafe

March 28, 2011 at 11:33 pm

if you and your crew need coffee, you let me know in a heartbeat

• Kurt 94

March 28, 2011 at 11:36 pm

Great job James, I will gladly act in your movie!

• March 28, 2011 at 11:41 pm

we will always support you nerd. you’ll never walk alone πŸ˜€

• uzumakiemma

March 28, 2011 at 11:41 pm

You can do it james!! It’s probably going to be a epic film πŸ˜‰ You got your fan’s support all the way πŸ˜€

• March 28, 2011 at 11:46 pm

Have to get this off my chest – If you say 101 will be huge, I hope it does make up for the crappatonic (yay I invented a new word) letdown that was the 100th episode.

Now, onto other positives. IF I HAD ANY CRAP BUBBLING IN MY ASS I WOULD SHIT IN MY PANTS FROM EXCITEMENT.

Let’s Re-Cap:

1. Mike’s new mini-series will now be a full fleshed Web Series.
    2. Weekly TMNT-Videos starting in April.
    3. More Board James episodes!
    4. More “Y.K.W.B.S.” Videos, something I have been feeling the drastic effects of withdrawl from.
    5. Monster Madness (2011), my favorite part of this website!
    6. James D. Rolfe in a freaking big screen film, and of course that is a remake of Plan 9 From Outer Space, one of the most infamous Sci-Fi films of all time! Just James’ specialty.
    7. AVGN fucking movie. IF YOU WANNA SEE A.V.G.N. DO A MOVIE, GIMME A HELL YEAH!!!! *Audience screams at the top of their lungs Hell Yeah.* AND IF YOU’RE NOT DOWN WITH THAT, WE GOT TWO WORDS FOR YOU!!! *Audience screams Suck It at the top of their lungs. AND DAT’S DA BOTTOM LINE, ‘CUZ CA$HMAN SAYZ SO!!!!

I’ve been feeling A.V.G.N. was deteriorating, because it isn’t as much of your passion as this other stuff. (Including the A.V.G.N. film.) You are much more intelligent than The Nerd character, so you have a hard time acting as if you are just a shit spewing idiot. But you have this as your top priority because it makes so much money. Obviously you saw the reaction to the 100th episode, so you knew what to do. You’re still my favorite dude on the Internet, and an Idol to mine! Go James Rolfe! I can’t wait for the future.

…………………….I still can’t get what happened in the Comic-Con comments summer of 2010 off my chest. Oh well, we all make mistakes.

• March 28, 2011 at 11:51 pm

Honestly I just made an account today. I’m not sad about AVGN, but I can see that this is how it ends. I feel like we all saw it coming when you dropped to 1 ep a month, but this is the end of the line. I’m not sad or angry and I totally understand, you’ve got to do what you’ve got to do.

I just wanted to say what I’ve been thinking since AVGN fell to 1 ep a month. I respect that you are following your heart, as it can be a very hard thing to do. But, in case you haven’t noticed, CineMassacre.com’s stats have been declining relatively rapidly. You received a TON of new viewers last year who seem to have left just as soon as they came. This site is now hovering around the reach it got the first day it was registered on Alexa. I’ve never been so sad to see a website get less reach when it only deserves more.

Don’t get me wrong, you’re other videos are great, but there have been weeks without an update recently. I havent seen a YKWBS video in what feels like years, a Board James video since Kickassia, and only 1 video of SLIGHTLY better quality per month than they were at 4 per month. I hope you’ve been doing SOMETHING, not just piddling away everything you’ve worked for.

James, the AVGN is what people want and ask for. I get it. You don’t care what they want, you’re just interested in your own goals. Fine. But right now you’ve never had less regular viewers/subscribers. If you are going to make a movie, fine, but at this rate, you will have no one watching it. I’m not sure if you’re just terrible with time management, but it really seems like you’ve spent the extra time away from AVGN just thinking about how great the future will be.

TL;DR: James, if you ever want an audience to see you’re movie, you’ll have to keep up AVGN. Or at least SOMETHING. You can’t just do nothing for months and hope your fanbase will still be there. You’re Alexa ranking and reach speak for themselves.

• March 28, 2011 at 11:53 pm

At least the AVGN (hopefully) will go out with a bang, not a whimper.

• Unrefined

March 29, 2011 at 12:07 am

Take your time sir, can’t wait to see the movie. Whatever you need, let us know. Be it support, donations, extras, etc.

• Chito307

March 29, 2011 at 12:13 am

A movie! That’s great! Can’t wait! I hope it’s not the end of avgn I love this show! But ever since u started naming then once a month I lost alot of interest I remember waiting every Thursday and going in screwattack and clicking the refresh button on my browser a million times just to see his video! It’s really hard to keep up with making so many movies but I understand keep up the good work James! Cant wait for the Avgn movie!

• March 29, 2011 at 12:14 am

Whatever you decide to do, your fans will support you the whole way

• Luedgie

March 29, 2011 at 12:15 am

Hey, James. I’ve been a fan of the show for a long time, but I guess I just got to making an account…I’ve been more of a lurker I guess.

I really love and appreciate the work you put into the AVGN episodes and all your other work. I’m looking forward to episode 101 and more You Know What’s Bullshit episodes, among the many other things you plan on doing. I’m a bit disappointed that there won’t be any new AVGN for a while, but I know that’s what the price is when you’re working on something like a movie. I’m sure it will turn out great.

As a long time fan, I’d like nothing more than to offer any help I can to the movie, whether it be acting or props or whatever. But as I know that may not be possible for a lot of us, I guess the best we can do is offer you our full support and appreciation.

I can’t wait, James. Thanks for all you do.

• March 29, 2011 at 12:22 am

I find it strange that so many people have completely missed the point of this post. Nowhere did he say that AVGN would stop after the film, he just said he needed to take a break from making monthly AVGN episodes so he could focus on the film. Even if he did decide to quit after the film, he has his own life and projects, and he has every right to do so.

I’m also kind of disturbed by how many people are bitching about the amount of material that is put on Cinemassacre in a month. James has a real life. It’s pretty obvious that he is constantly juggling multiple projects. AVGN, Board James, YKWBS, Monster Madness, OverAnalyzers, Plan 9, and several others.

All of this free content that he delivers to his fans on a fairly frequent basis seems to get taken for granted way too often. We should be thankful that someone as talented as James is around to entertain us and keep his fans updated.

• Drumadaus

March 29, 2011 at 12:36 am

Good to hear whats cookin up. I’m a big fan of almost all your work. I’m looking forward to the new stuff!

• Filmmassacre

March 29, 2011 at 12:43 am

you’re doing the right thing to take a break off and work on the movie!

• DarkNeonRain

March 29, 2011 at 1:08 am

that’s great news James! I can,t wait for the movie. I hope that it will be in theaters. that would be the greatest day of my life. how long will it take to make the movie? that’s all i’m asking.

• talentless

March 29, 2011 at 1:27 am

what you talking about, are those authentic movies people pay to see in cinemas then later become real legit DVDs, or just another one of your movie director fantasy???

• Jakobi

March 29, 2011 at 1:35 am

AT Matt Elder

Dude keep your stats on that website where they belong. Enough people watch nerd videos that GT put a countdown on their homepage for the 100th episode. If there was an alarming number of people leaving the site, James and Mike would have responded accordingly. I dont know if you noticed but ever since he started releasing one video per month, they have doubled in length.

Take a look at the rest of the comments on this page and realize that everybody else is stoked about the AVGN movie and knows that he has the potential to move from internet videos to feature films.There are thousands of film students who would kill to have this opportunity and you think James is gonna pass it up just to entertain YOU and YOU alone? Grow up and feel free to keep generalizations about how the fans feel away from Cinemassacre and anything else James Rolfe has created.

• RetroGamerK91

March 29, 2011 at 1:59 am

Hell yeah, James, go big! It looks like you got your whole year planned, and with awesome projects that I’m really forward into seeing happening. Yes of course, take all the time you need so you put a 110% into everything you got coming up. The AVGN movie sounds like it’ll be a blast, and I got your back, man… always! Good luck, but I’m sure you’ll amaze us without it. I’m not sure what role I could play, who knows? Just being a supporting fan for now, I guess. : )

• March 29, 2011 at 2:04 am

Awesome!

It’s a bummer about the break, but hell, a lot of work goes into every AVGN episode so doing that while trying to launch a feature film would probably be brutal. I can’t wait to see what you have planned for it in the coming months!

• RetroGamerK91

March 29, 2011 at 2:29 am

Yeah, I believe the man himself said something like, ‘There’s always gonna be more bad games to review, so the Nerd will continue on.’. Now, I’m not sure how accurate it was, but it still gets the point across, and listen to Mike. I totally understand why James wants to take a little break from making episodes when starts production on the AVGN movie, he wants all his energy and focus into it, so he can it the best he possibily can. And I’m all for that, I rather have a Nerd movie first, rather some new episodes. It needs to be made, it’s got all us excited. I’m totally digging what Cinemassacre has to offer this year, and BTW, I thought the 100th episode kicked ass! I loved how he made R.O.B. out to be a robotic warrior that rose from the ashes of the video-game crash of ’83. Funny, but in a way, true.

• MaxDiputs

March 29, 2011 at 2:40 am

I sure hope Fred Fuchs can make a cameo in your movie! I wonder if that dude is still alive.

• MaxDiputs

March 29, 2011 at 2:50 am

Also, to be completely honest I personally think James should take a lot of time off. I mean he has worked non-stop for the last couple of years I think he just needs time to relax and recharge. Bill Russell won 11 NBA championships and he always said that after each championship he would take a month off of and not do anything even remotely related to basketball. The mind needs rest and I guarantee you that the quality of AVGN videos will increase even more (not that the quality is bad now though) with some time off. Personally, I always felt bad for James. I wish he could get some sort of TV deal where he could write a “season” of AVGN, shoot all of it at once, and then have time off. I mean, he has been making them for nearly 10 years with no breaks leading to constant stress. I love the AVGN videos more than anyone, but I was actually hoping that the character would die in episode 100 not only because it was an amazing episode but also because I think the character should end gracefully rather than by killing its creator.

• llama

March 29, 2011 at 3:05 am

What the hell is wrong with you people?

Obvious trolls aside I can’t believe how many people are bitching and moaning about this that or the other.

You’re putting not any effort into yourself and you get it for “FREE”.

Do any of you dicks have any idea whats involved in even making one video like he does. This isn’t some bullshit youtube video diary shit.

James, I’ve enjoyed your videos since very early on and they’ve kept me sane, thanks.

Look forward to whats next

• GoldRoger

March 29, 2011 at 3:38 am

Is it just me, or everytime James does a big announcement that concerns on his personal project, a lot of whinning little nerds start bitching around. These guys are the worse trolls available.

Sad people who are probably mad because they dont have a great dream to pursue like yours, James

James, good luck on the movie, go after your dream

• xdeathknightx

March 29, 2011 at 3:58 am

I am looking forward to more Motherglitching Mike, Board James and YKWBS (and of course Monster Madness) and fully support you taking a break to make the Nerd movie.

If you need someone on cam with a thick Dutch accent you know where to find me πŸ˜‰

• Pinkerton

March 29, 2011 at 4:33 am

This post is fantastic James, feels like a second Christmas ! i really adore everything you seem to be making, either it’s AVGN videos or movie reviews or board games or anything, they’re all very cool interesting and funny, and this new Overanalyzers sounds super fun ! and plus you’re about to work seriously on the AVGN movie ? jeez, that’s a bunch fo amazing news to me, this year is going to be very exciting for all of us, AVGN fans !!!

• Kimmy

March 29, 2011 at 5:25 am

How is it even possible that someone can complain even the slightest? I’m always amazed how James can keep on delivering and delivering everything. I don’t think everyone are understanding how much effort and time are going into these movies that he is giving to us for free.

James should really take a long break, so long he need. He’s deserving it!

Good luck with the movie everything, I really hope it goes well with it, you got my full support!

• KaineDamo

March 29, 2011 at 5:56 am

James,

You are the man. As someone who takes months to make a 10 minute video that maybe 60 people will see, you are a figure of admiration and respect. I imagine many film students feel the same way. Maybe it is the case that only other filmmakers understand how much work both physically but especially mentally goes into making films, whether they’re 5 minutes, 10 minutes, or feature films.

I’ve been watching for years, back when you were the Nintendo nerd, and I love your shit. My friends and I update each other on new Cinemassacre stuff. Love the Board James, Monster Madness, and other short film projects. The Dragon In My Dreams – such a lovely film about your creative origins. Lovely, is that word too gay? Ah, whatever.

I expressed some of this in an email when I was asking about sound, and I’m sure you’re completely flooded with emails.

I think that it is time for me to push myself more aggressively as a filmmaker and so I will do what I can in order to land a job on the film. Perhaps as a camera assistant or trainee, a production assistant, or runner work. I don’t want this to start sounding like a cover letter for a job, so I’ll just leave a link to my website.

Is anyone here on LinkedIn, by the way? I really recommend LinkedIn, the facebook for your career, as a way of keeping track of connections and keeping your ear to the ground for opportunities.

• Sebti

March 29, 2011 at 6:26 am

Oh my god , I cant wait , monster madness , plan 9 with nigahiga and james rolfe and others , you know whats bullshit , board kames and overanalyzers , AVGN is starting to get kinda lame and boring but Im still dying to see AVGN the film because James rolfe is in it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Grandsku

March 29, 2011 at 6:45 am

I have been watching AVGN since first episode came to this site and first time I heard about this movie I was hyped but now R.O.B episode made me wait it even more. I watch other shows but I find myself still watching old AVGN episodes over and over.

• ZidaneTribal

March 29, 2011 at 6:59 am

James, your my favorite man behind the camera and I will support you by any chance . I hopefully wish this movie comes to Europe. I expect something in the direction of American Movie.

• albinorhinobeerreview

March 29, 2011 at 7:00 am

If you ever need a 300lbs albino for anything boss you have one though I would need to do a Canada to PA road trip.

Thanks for all the entertainment and as long as something is posted I’ll be more than peachy as I came here just watching AVGN videos and now have watched them all.

• March 29, 2011 at 10:11 am

This is sounding awesome. I’m starting to like the various other projects more than AVGN, and I really think it would be a shame to let this surge of new, creative stuff go to waste. So don’t feel pressured by all the trolls who just want more and more AVGN. All of your stuff is entertaining.

• Johnny Deformed

March 29, 2011 at 10:53 am

Thanks for the update. I am excited to see you in the plan 9 remake, I hope you inform us where we can see it once it’s out.
    As for the AVGN movie, I am stoked! You are a hard worker James. I wish you and Mike (and everybody who will be involved with the movie) the best of luck!

• avgnfan155

March 29, 2011 at 11:08 am

make board james just as good as AVGN

• LukeBK

March 29, 2011 at 11:34 am

I love the idea of a movie just hope that we do not have to wait to long for AVGN shows. Maybe just one ever other month?

• gruven42

March 29, 2011 at 11:55 am

Sounds great, AVGN! Can’t wait to see anything you put out, including Board James and Bullshit.

• jetpackblues

March 29, 2011 at 12:12 pm

I can’t wait to see the AVGN movie!

This may have been answered previously, but is this going to be released in theatres? I’d love to drag my friends to the movies to see this!

If you need music, I’d be more than willing to offer my services πŸ™‚

• AtlasNR

March 29, 2011 at 12:24 pm

Awesome to hear you’re acting in the Plan 9 remake considering how many times you mention that film in your videos.

The Overanalyzers is an interesting concept and I’m sure will be hilarious. You and Mike are great together when talking about random shit. Monster Madness will be a nice treat. Board James is one of my favorite series of yours so I can’t wait to see more of that.

As for AVGN. Glad to see you’re finally getting everything set for that feature film. It’ll be awesome to see it all come together when I get to see your first feature film on the big screen.

Keep up the good work! All of you! James, Mike, and everyone else!

• AtticMan

March 29, 2011 at 12:28 pm

I’m really looking forward to what the future holds, and I’m happy for James. Dude’s been working year-round on AVGN since 2006, it’s probably time for a break.

To those naysayers, think about how fresh AVGN will seem when it returns after the hiatus, it’ll be like seeing an old friend after a long time away, and think about the potential for all of the projects that will be accomplished in its absence.

Good work James, and Godspeed on your feature. It’s not an easy journey to embark upon, but out of anyone, you’ve got the resources to pull it off.

• Mariwa

March 29, 2011 at 12:38 pm

Looking forward to watch all your work…
    James rules

• Hayleys_Comet

March 29, 2011 at 1:13 pm

James,
    I am really happy for you and the doors that, this site and your videos, have opened for you. It is great to see that you are going back to the other options of videos on your site, Board James is fun and MONSTER MADNESS is my favorite! We’ll probably all miss the Nerd, but it will make it that much better to watch on the Big Screen. On that note, I can’t wait to see PLAN 9, I hope you let us know when both movies are coming out. With PLAN 9 starting in April I don’t know how you will have time for TMNT, but I look forward to it and I will try to keep my eye open for the “Over Analyzers”.

It is great that as you become more busy you share the spotlight with Mike. From what it looks like he is involved with your projects and his little web series is always interesting.

Good luck to both of you. It is great to watch you both grow up and see that you are both moving forward with personal projects. That drive is what keeps us fans coming back πŸ™‚ Keep it up!!!

• March 29, 2011 at 2:00 pm

James, you should put a couple of scenes in the AVGN movie just like the ones in The Wizard, where you will be pressing random buttons in the controller, but we would not be able to see which game you are playing. That would be cruel but really funny!

BTW It’s really good that you are moving forward with your personal projects, yesterday I watched The wizard of Oz 3 where they go to hell. Amazing stuff!! Keep the good work and don’t be afraid of asking whatever you need to the fans!

• rosskow

March 29, 2011 at 2:06 pm

just good to hear some updates on how things are going.
    alot to look forward to, can’t wait!

• Terranigma freak

March 29, 2011 at 2:28 pm

People people people!

James is a taking a break from AVGN to make AVGN. He’s taking a break from what he’s doing so he could continue to do what he’s been doing.

You’re really just taking a break and waiting for a super epicly long AVGN episode.

• March 29, 2011 at 2:42 pm

It’s alright, James. I understand that after doing the Nerd for so long, you would take a little break.

And hey, if it means more Board James and “You Know What’s Bullshit?” then I’m all for it!

• Boneychuck

March 29, 2011 at 2:51 pm

O0o0o I wanna be in the movie! Ill play James πŸ˜€

• CrimsonFireCF

March 29, 2011 at 2:54 pm

I’LL HELP YOU ANYWAY I CAN WITH THE MOVIE AVGN!!!! IT WILL BE SO AWESOME!

• Ryguy the Big Frosty

March 29, 2011 at 2:57 pm

iam prob going to give u some money to help any way i can good job james hope its a good moive

• Haristo

March 29, 2011 at 3:30 pm

So.. we have to wait and take a Break of AVGN to see the GREATEST AVGN’s adventure EVER MADE ?!?

Fine with me !

• grmpf

March 29, 2011 at 3:32 pm

I can’t even describe how much I look forward to ALL of the upcoming projects, especially the AVGN movie. πŸ˜€

Of course I’ve got no idea how your contract and overall connection with Gametrailers’ provider MTV Networks is composed, but it’d be so awesome if you could get some support from over there, particularly concerning a widespread release (maybe even MTV Films / Paramount, it’s all under the umbrella of Viacom anyway — so who said global media conglomerates where bad? ;-)).

• March 29, 2011 at 4:29 pm

Awesome! I can’t wait for these new upcoming projects James. Although I do have to admit that I will miss new AVGN episodes for a little while. They are seriously one of the few things that I look forward to watching every month.

• officialjab

March 29, 2011 at 4:43 pm

April O’Neil: You have my support.

• March 29, 2011 at 4:50 pm

Hi James, Mike. Since i fugured u work as a team a lot.

I don’t know where you heading with the Avgn script but it really begs for flashbacks and/or a prolouge with a young Avgn. And if u have any audtions for casting I’m all in for it.

Thanks for a magical couple of years so far. N more to come…

• March 29, 2011 at 4:55 pm

Ooooh this is getting exciting!
    I’m ready to follow anything you put on this site, or just anything you happen to make!

This reminds me of when I first found you on YouTube. I’m pretty sure I was looking up something for an old NES game and one of your videos came up in the related list. The reason why I remember this day was because I was home sick that day and was playing it on the TV so the house was filled with the sound of your crazy cussing combos!

I hope that movie of your makes it to the big screen! I know it’ll be good and no matter what I’m with ya 100% on it! Thanks for the Lulz.

• oxyking

March 29, 2011 at 5:25 pm

take your time, and i hope your movie goes big

• March 29, 2011 at 5:47 pm

if fred can get a movie james deserves one. james puts so much work into his material fred. uses and fing voice program.

• mrscruff

March 29, 2011 at 6:36 pm

Do whatever you need to do James, its fine. Its awesome to see how far AVGN has gone. I loved all the videos you’ve put up and you’ve gotten me interested in film in general. You totally deserve a break. Looking forward to what the future brings. Good luck with the film!

• DolkaArg

March 29, 2011 at 7:03 pm

Should you ever need VFX or Motion Graphics for your AVGN movie, feel free to contact me!

HereΒ΄s my demoreel!

Thanks!

• nerdyguy64

March 29, 2011 at 7:11 pm

AVGN Movie, hell yeah, I cant wait for it! Also cant wait for the interesting videos that spawn from you two. Its gonna be an awesome year! πŸ˜€

• heartofiron

March 29, 2011 at 7:56 pm

I will miss seeing new AVGNs every month, but I completely support your decision. Making an AVGN movie definitely sounds like a very challenging and time consuming project.
    I also look forward to seeing your other projects becoming a reality. I especailly look forward to seeing an AVGN movie..

• floridaboy

March 29, 2011 at 8:06 pm

You know what’s BULLL SHIIIT !!! The fact that James hasn’t made a video about BULL SHIT since 2009…PLOP, MOOOO

• Gobackbehindthecouch

March 29, 2011 at 8:18 pm

Mike and James,

I know you guys sporadically read these comments, so on an announcement as big as this I thought I would throw my two cents in. (Because it’s the internet, that’s how it works, right?)

As someone who was a member of your own generation and finishing up law school, my comment doesn’t necessarily hold any more weight than other people’s; however, I wanted to express my viewpoint as someone who might be considered somewhat of a more unique type of fan (maybe a “peer” ?) to combat the “MOAR AVGN FUNNY BOY!” type of troll comments.

I enjoy the nostalgic factor of a lot of your other projects (Old movie reviews and Board James), the humor and interesting perspective of your other projects (YKWBS, Ghostbusters and Rocky documentary type of film), and, even though I never watch horror movies, the reviews/films associated with that. Plus, I think people get to see a very personal side of you through a lot of these projects, if not just through Cinemassacre 200&300. I don’t think you should ever let people typecast or convince you that you’re a one-trick pony. All of your projects have worth, and I respect the hell of you for succeeding at making them your career. It’s something I certainly wish I had the fortitude to pursue instead of the boring “traditional” path I took. Do what you enjoy and what you have passion for – there will always be people who support your decisions in terms of what kind of projects you decide to create or be a part of.

In short, I look forward to seeing what Team Cinemassaacre creates in the upcoming months and find it sad that people take the time to sign up, watch your videos, and then belittle you for your personal decisions. I’m sure you don’t need to read this from some random person to know all this, but I am sure there are others out there who agree with me and it helps to have support.

You got this! You got this by the ass, James!

• KaineDamo

March 29, 2011 at 8:32 pm

Well said, Gobackbehindthecouch.

I guess when people have nothing constructive to add the best thing to do is ignore them. I suspect they’re trying to get attention, but then one of these assholes popped up during James’ Q & A session not long ago, some fat asshole who thinks one AVGN video a month is lazy. People like that seem to have zero concept of how much work goes into these things.

• jpsplatter

March 29, 2011 at 8:44 pm

Holding up on AVGN? Awww… well that’s OK if you’re gonna make a whole damn movie. I’m glad you’re doing other things and I enjoy watching all your stuff, especially AVGN which I look forward to every month. Take all the time you want, I know it will pay off good.

• kenney4lyfe

March 29, 2011 at 9:09 pm

I’ve been watching you’re movies for years and i still watch them on a regular basis. They all have amazing replay value. Keep it up James! Also, put me in you’re movie or else it will be a sh*t load of f*ck.

• kenshirox89

March 29, 2011 at 9:17 pm

James i wish you good luck with that plan 9 movie and with the AVGN movie, both can’t wait too see! ^___^

• nitroangus23

March 29, 2011 at 9:20 pm

Hell yeah James!

Can’t wait for more installments of your old stuff as well as new,

Oh and,

THE FILM!

Been watching and reading here silently for a long time now,finally took the plunge and signed up.

Thanks for all you do here (and mike)

Most likely you won’t read this,due to so many other posts,but

Fuck the nay sayers, and do what you gotta do man!

The movie shall be epic.

• March 29, 2011 at 9:28 pm

Like April O’Neal said in TMNT (NES), “You have my support.” I dunno about the dam though…

• March 29, 2011 at 10:02 pm

hey guys i love all your projects, im from colombia and i’ve tried to see all the web-posts of avgn, board james…. huuuge fan for the monster madness series, can’t wait for the overanalyzers premiere.
    hope to see more like the rocky-kind of documentaries or the ghostbusters city tour, congrats

• SpeedyEric

March 29, 2011 at 10:21 pm

I really like that you set yourself on making a goal, and I feel okay that your gonna take a little break from doing what made you famous. Besides, you brought us so much from this site that you diserve a little rest. But don’t worry. I can still watch your previous AVGN’s, Board James, Monster Madness, and all that other BS. =)

• March 29, 2011 at 11:36 pm

I will echo the sentiments from Gobackbehindthecouch, although I am only nearing the end of my first year of law school. Your videos, and not just AVGN, have helped provide some levity to my otherwise staid educational grind. I appreciate them more than I can articulate. As Fernando Botero once said, “Art is a spiritual, immaterial respite from the hardships of life.” I sincerely envy you as you’ve made a career out of what you love to do in a more non-traditional sense. If I had your talents, I would definitely love to make a career out of those things you have done. The creative side of my mind goes into overdrive on occasion, and I have plenty of ideas about things I would love to accomplish, just no means to commit to them.

I actually only stumbled upon your AVGN videos within this past year, which then lead me to this site and all your other wonderful works. I really look forward to more Board James and YKWBS videos. When I stayed at a hotel recently, I thought of your “lack of RCA connections” video. The only difference was the TV’s inputs were locked, but still the same general idea.

Apologies for my rambling. I’m tired and should probably be sleeping. I just felt the need to unwind a little after putting hours into a memo. I merely wanted to say thanks and good luck. I can appreciate your position and all that you’re doing amongst any negativity you’ve received in response to your decisions. Keep it up and don’t let them dissuade you otherwise. I know others agree and it has likely already been said, but I’ll always be back to see what’s new and will keep watching.

Good luck on all your future projects and your career. Especially that AVGN movie!

• shpared

March 30, 2011 at 12:56 am

I wonder the Monster Madness 2011 is going to be… but I’m going to take a wild guess and say it’s going to be public domain movies imo.

• shpared

March 30, 2011 at 1:01 am

He should do the Elevators in the next You Know What’s Bullshit episode πŸ™‚

• WillWill

March 30, 2011 at 1:12 am

Well, I knew in my heart that this solemn day would arrive. It’s like seeing your boy go off to college, or something. The AVGN outgrew his size 7’s…

Well, both a happy time, and a sad one. I’m sure you’ll surprise us all. Closed windows, open doors? Something like that?

I’ll support ya man. Whatever you do, I’m going to be a fan.

• March 30, 2011 at 2:37 am

Been a big fan for awhile now and finally starting to get the courage to comment on forums and blogs for once

As a fellow filmmaker and a current filmmaker student, you’re one of the few people working today that continues to entertain and inspire me. It will be sad to not see one of your videos for awhile but i highly look forward to an AVGN full length feature. If you ever need any help with the film, I would love to participate and help out, so contact me if you’d like.

Keep up the great work

• Keileen

March 30, 2011 at 2:49 am

This is wonderful, James. Take all the time you need, we’ll be right here πŸ™‚

• March 30, 2011 at 4:44 am

Nice to hear that there is more coming up. AVGN is great and all but at some point it starts getting old for both sides.
    I guess it’s a good thing to take a break from AVGN before that happens.

Looking forward to upcoming stuff.

• Balor

March 30, 2011 at 5:15 am

Your ‘Partners’ list include ANGRYJOESHOW, BLISTERED THUMBS and THATGUYWITHTHEGLASSES. Guess what: NONE of those sites list CINEMASSACRE as a partner. TGWTG used to before. Did they PAY to have their name on your front page? ‘Cause if they didn’t, I am provoked by these commercial parasites.

• Balor

March 30, 2011 at 5:21 am

I bet you’re already pissed off with their incessant attempts to use you in their commercial fascism, and got an agreement that they pay you for advertising. At least you’d get something back for all the time, energy and fanbase you gave them. Is that it? If it isn’t, y’all need to clean your partners list!

• pskeen0927

March 30, 2011 at 7:09 am

I have production experience and would like to help on the film. Even if it’s craft services.

• March 30, 2011 at 7:10 am

I don’t mind if there won’t be any AVGN episodes for a while. Just do what you like to do and don’t pay attention to trolls who say otherwise. Just remember one thing – we all (fans of your videos) support you.

• gfjkukyu

March 30, 2011 at 8:31 am

welcome to:
    w w w.f u l l m a l l s . c o m

The website wholesale for many kinds of fashion shoes, like the nike,jordan,prada,****, also including the jeans,shirts,bags,hat and the decorations. All the products are free shipping, and the the price is competitive, and also can accept the paypal payment.,after the payment, can ship within short time.

free shipping

handbag $33

AF tank woman $17

puma slipper woman $30

w w w.f u l l m a l l s . c o m

• March 30, 2011 at 9:02 am

Way to go guys!!

Mixed feelings here: sad ‘cuz i’m a motherfucker AVGN fan and not seeing him will be tough, but really glad there’ll be more of the other 2 big projects!

oh, and an AVGN movie!!! OMFG!!! xD

U have brazilian fans, dudes!!! VocΓͺs sΓ£o foda!!

• March 30, 2011 at 9:27 am

Congratulations on the part James! I wish you the best!

We are all looking forward to your work!

P.S. AVGN is the best series in my opinion, but all of your work is great!
    After you have a nice long vacation, can we have more AVGN please? πŸ˜›

• Rhinocerous Party

March 30, 2011 at 10:02 am

Alright, I’ve been meaning to give you my two cents for a while, Jimmy. (Can I call you Jimmy?) So here goes.

I love/hate AVGN. When it’s at its best, you’re giving an intelligent retrospective on the history of gaming, and offering some insights into the culture of yesteryear. The crude humor is acceptable, because it’s the frustration is completely justified. When it’s at its worst, you completely ignore the games you’re reviewing and switch to god-awful live action sequences which seem to be nothing more than a vehicle for toilet humor aimed at children and idiots. I’m to the point now, after watching this series for years, that I will turn a video off the second a guest character enters the fray. Please stop doing these videos if you’re going to drag the viewer through such garbage.

On a more positive note though: I LOVE your movie reviews, and I really can’t emphasize that enough. You have solid knowledge of the great world of movies, and you do a great job of just reviewing whatever instead of folding to public demand. The Bullshit segment is also really good, and I’d really love to see more of them in the future. πŸ˜€

Anywho. With the lack of videos and tone of comments coming from the site lately, I do get the vibe you’re stressed beyond compare. Hang in there, b’y!

• OrangeCrush

March 30, 2011 at 10:34 am

Keep it up James. You have my support! I love AVGN, Board James, and the others.

• retartarsauce

March 30, 2011 at 11:17 am

Well breaks are always a good thing! Plus all your new projects sound great so i cant wait!!

• TitanAura

March 30, 2011 at 11:37 am

Hey, at least when you take a hiatus this next time, you can do so without having to worry about serious backlash because even if ignorant fans can’t comprehend that you like working on material other than AVGN (and I’m not alone in thinking that quite often your other series are just as entertaining to watch, if not more), you have the excuse that you’re taking a break from AVGN…. to make AVGN better. =D

• viJilance

March 30, 2011 at 11:44 am

Honestly James, I think you need time off from the AVGN persona. Earlier in your series, I saw the true anger, that frustration from your childhood of everything you hated about these piece of shit games… and it came back to haunt you.

You’re not even angry anymore….you’re just a nerd.

• TheEnigmaticRonin

March 30, 2011 at 11:48 am

You have my support James! Good Luck!
    Can’t wait for AVGN The Movie. ^^

Qaz from Norway

• tsburesh

March 30, 2011 at 11:56 am

I hope you get rested and you can achieve your goals. I will miss avgn but love all your videos. Its nice to have a reliable source of laughter in tough times.

• Crowbar

March 30, 2011 at 11:57 am

Yeah… if you need a bearded German in your AVGN-Movie, just ask πŸ˜€

• Panhead86

March 30, 2011 at 1:00 pm

James, when you get the time you HAVE to make a You Know What’s Bullshit on gas prices. As for the AVGN movie, I’m majoring in Video production and about to graduate college here in a few months, so if you ever need some help with your film it would be an honor to work for you. you wouldn’t even have to pay me anything. Please keep us updated! thank you my good sir. πŸ™‚

• eklypse21

March 30, 2011 at 1:54 pm

Best wishes/ Sweden

• March 30, 2011 at 2:11 pm

Enjoy the time off James, you’ve earned it. Although you will probably be equally busy if not more-so on trying to get the AVGN movie off the ground! I look forward to seeing it become a reality.

• GroovyBoy

March 30, 2011 at 3:07 pm

Just keep it up James! You”re doing it great in all your videos! And I”m waiting for your movie too. I think it will be awesome!
    All The Best!

• Supermechadeathchrist

March 30, 2011 at 3:48 pm

Do you have any idea what kind of rating the AVGN movie would get, beside F for F*ckballs?

• danny

March 30, 2011 at 3:52 pm

Looks like there’s lots of cool stuff in the works! Good to hear there will be more “Board James” and another Monster Madness this year. Try not to burn yourself out!

It’s probably a good idea to take a break from AVGN for a while. You’ve done 100 of those already, time to move on to other (more interesting) things.

• Rogerm245

March 30, 2011 at 4:56 pm

you do fantasic work and I am looking forward to your up coming videos.

• March 30, 2011 at 5:25 pm

take all the time you need bro! i we love all your stuff and im sure as hell going to watc that fucking movie!

• Will Smathers

March 30, 2011 at 5:33 pm

Dear Mr. Rolfe & Co.,

I just want you to know that once you have finished your film – and you WILL finish your film – I will travel to Pennsylvania just to attend a screening. Please keep us informed of your progress (which I’m sure you will) so that we can plan for traveling for such an event. Thank you once again. – a Loyal Fan

• March 30, 2011 at 6:03 pm

Hey James, remember me?

My name is Sean DeSouza, I met you at “Too Many Games” about two or three years ago. Me and my friends are from Delaware.

I just wanted to let you know that if you would need shooting and editing help, I may be able to help you. My company that I work for is Thunder Productions and we do video editing, shooting and photography. I am the video editor in the company and I work with my boss / best friend who is the owner / shooter / head editor.

I saw this post and I thought I just should drop in and say what’s up and let you know about my skills. If you want to talk further, you can send me an email

• horth

March 30, 2011 at 6:53 pm

Mike is quite… controlling, no dominating. and it’s not all that good,

:\ sorry other than that pretty fine.

• HighVoltage

March 30, 2011 at 8:40 pm

sounds awesome. keep up the good work James.

• sdjkfgwe

handbag $33

AF tank woman $17

puma slipper woman $30

w w w.f u l l m a l l s . c o m

• ptentacle

March 30, 2011 at 10:25 pm

Fantastic. I have a project in the works that I hope to contact you about soon. No, you’ve not seen me post before. Yes, I’m a LONG time watcher. God speed. You’re passion is really inspirational.

• jok3rking123

March 31, 2011 at 12:31 am

i can understand james u need a good break you know :). and i hope everything goes well for your movie man i cant wait too see it πŸ™‚

• March 31, 2011 at 12:44 am

I hope to see more shitty games jaja thanks for the AVGN, I’m a mexican fan

• March 31, 2011 at 2:55 am

James, I’m really looking forward to your new releases AVGN highest level of guest and the rest of creation.
    Thank you for being there!

• March 31, 2011 at 3:21 am

the next episode sounds great and the break will be a good time to come back strong and fresh as the classic AVGN. cant wait to see what you got planned for future episodes. whenever the movie needs to or starts to get rolling, you can count on us to help any way we can of course. have a good time off james you deserve it man.

• March 31, 2011 at 3:22 am

i notice some spam in the comments, there needs to be some way to flag or rate comments on here to remove those annoying idiots

• March 31, 2011 at 4:39 am

Wow, hope it goes well for you, James. Don’t listen to the haters on here who keep ragging on AVGN just because they don’t like something, or because they think it’s going to die off. The selfish ones will always be around – their kind is indestructible. Though sometimes, it’s hard to forget that, behind the cameras, computers, and the Internet, there lurk real people, but, not wanting to risk giving the haters room for excuse, we know better. All the best for the future – and make that movie into the best you can. πŸ˜‰

• destro9

March 31, 2011 at 4:50 am

Greetings from the UK James!
    Just wanted to say thanks for all the hard work and great videos.

• March 31, 2011 at 5:29 am

Fuck Yeah! Make that movie happen! We will continue to support you bro, it’s the least we can do as fans.

• Doubledunk

March 31, 2011 at 9:52 am

How long of a break Dr. Rofle? I can’t do without my AVGN episodes for too long. That’s how I get my months started πŸ™‚

• EricVtheG

March 31, 2011 at 10:15 am

James, you probably won’t read this.. but I first heard of you through AVG. I loved it, over a week or two I watched every AVG there was. But after I saw them all I couldn’t wait for the next episode so I started watching your other projects. Board james, your films, the gallery, you know whats bullshit and my favorite.. movie reviews.

As time passed on I became to appreciate your Non-AVG work more than AVG itself. I have a feeling that your true fans, that love everything you do.. appreciate your non-AVG stuff more now.

You mentioned that Angry Video Game Nerd episodes take the longest to make and are on the highest demand. Do you feel like you want to stop making AVGN episodes but you can’t because that’s what people like the most? I bet that’s the case James!

I’m here to say I love and appreciate all your other work and that if you stopped making AVGN videos.. I wouldn’t care.. I feel that all your other projects are more important and shouldn’t get in the way just because the Mainstream fans demand AVGN.

Let it be known! Who’s with me?

• March 31, 2011 at 10:32 am

Yea can’t wait for a movie it should be a most excellent experience to watch. I’ve been watching since the beginning like most of the commenters and even had the privilege to meet you ounce, I would love to be in your film lmao even if its picking up dog shit… best of luck James!

• Legato32x

March 31, 2011 at 1:02 pm

James you’ll always have a fan base regardless of what you decide. I completely understand what you mean by being busy. There are a lot of projects you do on this site and outside of here to keep your life busy.

While others may hate it, I actually would encourage the break from the AVGN. You’ve made it to 100 episodes and have done fine work but this site needs some new material for a while, something new to look forward to. I strongly welcome the movie and would pay to see it opening night so don’t hesitate on the production!

On another note, the AVGN series hasn’t been as good as I remember. It’s just not as entertaining like the old videos were. It’s missing the anger and the extensive footage of the game because I want to know what the later levels/ending are like but don’t want to sit around and play it myself.

I think you should take this hiatus to go back and see how you can improve the series to bring back that old charm.

• Jakobi

March 31, 2011 at 1:25 pm

@EricVtheG

My thoughts exactly!

• mdesbiens

March 31, 2011 at 1:29 pm

Please don’t make a movie. The content isn’t there. Reading the forums is like watching a bad episode of Deal or No Deal. Everyone is supporting, screaming No Deal in the background, until the million dollar case shows up.

Seriously, the concept sounds like The Jerky Boys Movie… a movie so bad it killed the careers of a team of comedians. I know everyone loves you, and everyone says they’re excited… but you’ve just got to listen to reason some time. Listen to the people who don’t say all nice things… they are more likely the ones telling the truth. By all means, take a break… by all means make a movie… just not an AVGN movie. AVGN doesn’t even work that well at a 15+ minute level… let alone feature length. Honest to goodness opinion, I still like your skits… both AVGN and Board James, but they were both much better when they were short and sweet. Bullshit was the best series overall since it didn’t suffer the same dragged out fate. The glitches videos aren’t really interesting or funny. Maybe it would be a better series if it focused on weird things intentionally put in video games… innuendo, poor grammar, etc.

Again, that’s just one man’s honest opinion. You’re alright, you’re garnering fame and probably making some cash. Don’t ruin it.

• Semudara

March 31, 2011 at 2:41 pm

What can I say? I’m behind you 100 percent. You shouldn’t feel pressured to work on something you don’t want to, and I’ll bet most of us really want to see the other stuff you’ve got planned, especially your first big feature film! AVGN Episode 100 was short, but great. If you want to take a break after one more so that you can deluge us with concentrated awesomeness, how can I complain? Answer: I can’t, and neither should anyone else. Now go forth and make art for us to enjoy!

• Rasengan999

March 31, 2011 at 3:06 pm

Hey James, don’t worry. I support anything you do. If you feel that the Nerd needs to be put in hold, DO IT. I don’t care if you quit altogether, as long as it is what YOU want to do. I would also LOVE to be in your AVGN movie. The only problems would be: I’m 15, my parents would, like, flip out (cuz they have no idea about the Nerd or that I watch it.), and the fact that I have exactly 0 acting experience. (But I want to be an actor when I grow up…more.) [My parents would also flip basically due to the fact that it would involve me going some where for “something really stupid like acting”. James, you’re in Phili, right? I’m in Claysburg (near Altoona, PA). My parents would freak out if I wanted to do anything that involved going any farther than Altoona (about 10 minutes away)] I figure the only way they would allow it, is if a big-time Hollywood man came right to my door and asked me to be in their movie. But anyway, back to you. I love anything you do, and I want you to do what YOU want to do. Even if that means quiting the entire Cenemassacre! Because I’ll still be your fan, and once you pop into the media as the next grreat director, I’ll follow your work once again. So, do what you dream, and don’t let anybody stop you!!

• Rocko

March 31, 2011 at 3:21 pm

With the montly overanalyzers show and the glitches I meant.

• March 31, 2011 at 3:31 pm

im not gonna kiss anybodys ass, here. i thought james and mike gave legitimately good performances. especially mike. the guy with the beard didnt talk a lot but i liked the way he handled himself, some of his expressions i thought really looked like he was actually in an office meeting. the blonde haired dude kinda smiled too much like he was thinking “ha this is funny im in a comedy skit” and he was a little awkward too, like when he would talk he was waiting for people to laugh but nobody really every laughed at his jokes.

im not sexist but i think the girl, “susie” apparently needs to change a lot for her part to work. her improv material was not at the same level as mike and james, even the blonde kid and i think everybody knows the accent did not work. also i didnt what i think was the third or fourth shot in the opening opening where it looked like the shot was made intentionally to show off her chest like man thats not right.

just my opinion, prolly nobody read this but whatev. overall even if nothing changes i would still follow this series. good show, good concept. this could get really popular with nerds ahahaha

• March 31, 2011 at 3:32 pm

shit sorry for typos i hate typos

• March 31, 2011 at 4:09 pm

I’m sure the movie & other future projects on the website will be awesome, as per ^_^
    Looking forward to it all!
    & best wishes for the future πŸ™‚

• thesnake383

March 31, 2011 at 4:32 pm

Here’s hoping E.T. is Episode 101. It would be so awesome if it was, because E.T. is a real lesson on Video game history: the video game crash to be precise.

• March 31, 2011 at 5:00 pm

if you need another filmmakers help, let me know.

• March 31, 2011 at 5:33 pm

James you rock, keep doing your thing!!

• ZeroApostle4Ever

March 31, 2011 at 5:50 pm

It would be totally awesome if you held auditions for supporting roles. I live near the ScrewAttack Headquarters, if that means anything.

• DaXiang

March 31, 2011 at 7:20 pm

You mean monster madness 2012 right?

How long of a break are you going to take? Ed Wood can finish a movie in 7 days!!! You don’t need so long

• MrMarcusRocks

March 31, 2011 at 7:57 pm

James, I’m not gonna tell you to do it or not do it.

I just wanna say thanx

“Thanks!”

Marcus

• DaveB

March 31, 2011 at 9:46 pm

FIRST: Please make a collection of all the AVGN videos in a collectable boxset! I understand cost, but make it a pay for cost of production first, hell Nerd shirts, etc, would sell like hot cakes.

I have been on board with James since episode one, and I personally, as many others, firmly believe, the longer the better. The creativity, as well as overall humor bleeds from the screen. It’s funny, educational, and overall a good time. Honestly, I’m not sure how I feel about an AVGN movie. It has a lot of potential, but in the end you owe it to the fans to make up your own mind. You’ve done what you felt fit, let people into your home, and followed your own dreams. I for one again, as well as many others, will support you and Cinemassacre as a whole, flop, fail, or complete success. Keep at it, take your time, take a break, but stay true to your goals and your beliefs.

• March 31, 2011 at 9:46 pm

@ DaXiang
    I’m pretty sure James wants to have movies at a much higher quality than Fast Eddy (get the reference?) had in his movies.

• sdfgerh

hangdbags price 35$ ,sunglasses 15$ belt 15$

90X Extreme Fitness System ONLY ONLY 40$$$$$$$

nike shox,jordans $32
    Welcome to:== ( www fullmalls com )==

• April 1, 2011 at 9:55 am

Hey James,

Although at first, I did learn about you from your Role as the AVGN, however, as time grew, I began to enjoy watching you as many diffrent things. Your take on games, rants on various topics, and your input on reviews is what keeps a fan like me from coming back to the site. Even on your videos where you get the chance to be you (James).

If you need a break from AVGN in order for you to entertain us with your projects, then by all means. You said that you always wanted to do something like this, so if you feel like it’s the right time, I will continue to give you my support =D.

P.S. Your AVGN videos have plenty of Replay value, trust me, we can wait. lol

• deusprogrammer

April 1, 2011 at 10:59 am

You have my support James. I realize that you are probably only pushing AVGN so hard because the fans demand it. I know you want to be regarded for work other than AVGN. Well in me you have at least one life long fan. I have loved everything you have done since I first started watching. Your films have made me feel the full gamut of emotions. “The Dragon in my Dreams” especially made me cry. I think you should work more on your other projects. We all love you James. Keep it up!

• Stan

April 1, 2011 at 11:04 am

@EricVtheG

Are you kidding me? How can you be trying to get James to stop AVGN? That’s where most of his fans even came from in the first place, you’ve gotta be freaking out of your mind if you want AVGN to stop! I understand that he has other projects he works on a lot aside from AVGN, but that doesn’t mean we need to consider ending it. You’re just being a kissass.

• Stan

April 1, 2011 at 11:07 am

Rasengan999

You are the biggest kissass in existance.

• Tsumego

April 1, 2011 at 11:28 am

@EricVtheG

I don’t think he wants to stop. But, I’m pretty sure this rhythm, it pushes him to stop. I mean… he started it for fun, if he can come back to his old mood of doing it when he wants, without precise schedule, he would still like it. I think it’s a good idea he takes a break.

Even if I’m pretty sure LOTS of people that are writing about it came here for AVGN in the first place (I’m one of them), we now see that James is much more than a nerd. He does some awesome stuff as well like Board James and You know what’s bullshit.

So, yeah! I’m with you! Maybe not stopping, but slowing down that insane one video per month thing at least.

Everyone retires… Generals retire, fighters retire even Chuck Norris retired. So, if you need to stop or “take a big break”, then do it. After all, your main projects are behind the camera on big screen and we’re not here to stop you from becoming a great producer.

• April 1, 2011 at 8:43 pm

You do what you got to do James. Putting AVGN on hold will be worth it when the movie is made. Besides, there’s always the other videos you were talking about. Board James, Over Analyzers, Monster Madness, YKWB? and Mike’s Game Glitches. If you just rushed the movie it would come out like a turd coming out of an ass. Keep up the good work.

• MichelleV

April 1, 2011 at 9:42 pm

All of these sound really amazing (: I can’t wait! I might have to go see that Plan 9 move just because of you. xD

• April 2, 2011 at 3:41 am

Hey James, love your videos man. My brother and I are always patiently waiting for a new episode of AVGN. if you are looking for help, I will be glad to help in anyway I can. Looking forward to episode 101!

• alucard2k12

April 2, 2011 at 2:44 pm

I’d love to help with or star in the AVGN movie but unless you want to fly me out from England i’m afraid it won’t be possible. I love the series and i’m glad Mike will be making more glitch videos I like to preform them myself (On an emulator though I’m not worthy to own a NES)

• nmcvicker03

April 2, 2011 at 3:21 pm

The movie is definitely a priority and I can understand you taking a break from AVGN, i love the other random videos you guys do, the dvd collection videos were awesome, and the videos where you and mike go to places where movies have been filmed are just fantastic. Good luck with the movie. If you need a commercial banker in the movie I’m down for it.

• Phantasiafan

April 2, 2011 at 7:25 pm

Would like to help out in some way if you ever need the extra man power James.

• April 2, 2011 at 8:09 pm

If you ever need help with anything (writing, research, script editing, etc.), I’ll be more than happy to take on a project or take on part of the work load.

• April 3, 2011 at 1:31 am

Holy Crap!
    It;s happening, the AVGN Feature film!
    Oh sweet Jesus someone pinch me!
    Actually working on Board James would not be a bad idea in all truth i have been hopeful for one for quite some time.
    Well No angn for a massive film. I say Go FOR IT! James you sure as hell have my blessing! Especially after Episode 100!

• Robofish

April 3, 2011 at 2:34 am

The Plan 9 remake is a great idea. Fun Fact! My girlfriends great uncle, who was a weird crossdresser, was the infamous director of the original Plan 9 from Outer Space!

• April 3, 2011 at 4:22 am

Yo James! If you ever need an actor for your movie, hit me up! I don’t care if I’m the dude that has a buffalo take a diarrhea dump in his ear or that has to eat the rotten asshole of a roadkill skunk and down it with beer haha. Anything to help the homie make his movie!

• timmyjingoro

April 3, 2011 at 3:18 pm

good fucking god…. its pathetic that some people that are smooching james’ asshole and asking to be in the movie. good lord, have some fucking dignity.

moving on, i’d honestly love to see an avgn movie. but even before you decided to take a break, you haven’t exactly been on fire with the videos. avgn is already on a monthly schedule now. but i cant remember the last time i saw a “board james” or “you know what’s bullshit” video.

• Dolly Dagger

April 3, 2011 at 3:47 pm

So just wondering: Is Mike’s game glitches series going to get its own name like Board James and YKWB? Because I’ve really been enjoying his game glitches episodes and would love to see them to become a staple of the site like the other series have.

Also, I can’t. freaking. wait. for more episodes of Board James. I truly think they’ve been better than the Nerd episodes lately…no offense meant by that, as it’s obvious a lot of work is put into the Nerd stuff, but the Board James really just has that fun feel. Lately it seems like the Nerd has been more of a chore than anything else.

So if taking a break from the Nerd means it’ll come back with renewed anger and a sense of fun, please do it–just keep up the side series in the meantime. πŸ˜‰

• April 3, 2011 at 5:19 pm

I feel like the only valid for reasons for retirement are death and because your giant boulder sized testicles have become to much of a burden to haul to your autograph sessions. I hope neither are the case. Good luck with your film.

• dylantj23

April 3, 2011 at 5:31 pm

james theres a stadium event on ebay for 500 dollars!!!!!!

• blackmold

April 3, 2011 at 6:15 pm

@Robofish: your girlfriends great uncle is Ed Wood??? I have a hard time buying that….

• April 3, 2011 at 9:27 pm

James, as a fan, I’ll follow you til end! I’m sure that many of your fans would agree with me when I say this!

• frostare

April 3, 2011 at 11:20 pm

I have the feeling it’s gonna be about Polybius, or E.T.
    If James thinks a plot is movie material you can bet your ass it’s gonna be great!

• April 3, 2011 at 11:45 pm

Yeah I support ya~ hey if you need an extra holler at me. Also, I’m a grad student in linguistics, so if you have any languagey questions, I’d be glad to help out.

• April 4, 2011 at 7:46 am

Dude, you’ve been long overdue for a break from AVGN – enjoy!!
    Oh, and if you need an extra for your film, give a shout!

• Doomsdayman

April 4, 2011 at 11:14 am

Wauw your gone do that “You know whats bullshit” Video’s looking forward to those video’s. Seems like you have a busy year a head. With the Monster Madness i have a real must sea movie for you its SHITTY ass hell and 100% disgusting “Feast 2”. Anyway i saw in your Jaguar review part 2 the game Myst. Now i was wondering did you buy this game just for the Jaguar. Because its a point and click game and everybody knows you hate point and click games.

• April 4, 2011 at 7:17 pm

Awesome! I can’t wait to see the movie whenever it comes out!

But I have a question: if it does make it to the big screen, how are you going to get away with talking crap about games? Won’t there be some sort of legal issues?

• Suschi

April 5, 2011 at 8:54 am

What can I say?
    I am actually waiting SO HARD for really ANYTHING from you .. it doesn’t matter if it’s a Movie Review, a new AVGN, Board James, MonsterMadness or whatever…

I think of you as the most entertaining and at the same time nicest MAN ON THE INTERNET (Okay .. πŸ™‚ )

But I’m surely looking forward for anything you do. Doesn’t matter what. Just keep things going on.

• April 5, 2011 at 12:08 pm

So is episode 101 coming tomorrow? Or…?

• April 5, 2011 at 6:16 pm

I’ll miss the Nerd reviews, but the movie should take priority. If you need an extra or prop guy or something for it, I’d be honored to help.

• Omegaruin

April 6, 2011 at 12:15 am

For the AVGN Film I’d like to know if your going to setup a donation feature for anyone that would like to help give for misc. production finances? I would not hesitate to donate (been a loyal fan for over 4 years now) and I know a bunch of other people that would donate with me. Let me know I’m not talking petty cash either.

• kreiddx

April 6, 2011 at 12:17 am

good luck with both movies iΒ΄ll be waiting to see avgn the movie its going to be a huge work but i know it going to be worth it
    best wishes

• Omegaruin

April 6, 2011 at 12:17 am

Crap I forgot to be more specific a donate feature thats just for the feature film and not the one at the top of your site =P

• April 6, 2011 at 10:00 am

Hey james, I can’t wait to see the movie but i have a question ΒΏWill the movie be available only in one theater or it’ll be available around the country? You see, i’m mexican (sorry about my grammar) and i’d love to see the movie.

• Pogiforce

April 6, 2011 at 11:17 am

Ah, I had forgotten you mentioned before you had a movie script in the works, No wonder I haven’t seen a new Nerd episode yet. I don’t think I can be of much use to you for the actual production of it, but at the very least I can donate a few bucks to the cause.

• Atokada

April 6, 2011 at 2:17 pm

Best of luck in any future projects and movies you get in to. I’m sure anyone that is able to help with your own movie will find it quite the honor. I wish just as much to be a part of something as big just as much as everyone else.

• Wessberg

April 6, 2011 at 7:07 pm

As some people already have said, the movie is number one priority! And if you need help in any way, like extras or something, I will fly in from Sweden just for that. We support you!

• EHeroFlareNeos

April 7, 2011 at 12:07 am

I salute your efforts. Like other people have said, I’d like to help in any way I can. Good luck

• April 7, 2011 at 1:19 am

James, I suggest making some sort of list of the different assets or technical assistance you might need and post it. A lot of us are knowledgeable in different aspects and would be willing to help out.

• AdomexDesigns

April 7, 2011 at 11:58 am

Hey James, I’d love to help out with the film. When are you announcing more detail’s?

• ConkConk95

April 7, 2011 at 4:30 pm

Can’t wait until the movie comes out and tell me if you need any help on anything James

• April 7, 2011 at 6:16 pm

It would be a dream come true if he were to get Eric Pumprey (The Online Gamer), Matt Hullum (voice Sarge from Red vs Blue), or Burni Burns (voice of Church from Red vs Blue).

• NewQuinn

April 7, 2011 at 7:26 pm

Are you guys looking for original music for the AVGN Movie from fans, or are you having someone compose for you?

• April 8, 2011 at 11:01 am

WOW i can’t WAIT for new “you know whats bullshit episodes” THEY ARE FUCKIN FUNNY!!!

• April 8, 2011 at 11:16 pm

I wish I could act on the AVGN movie. All my life I wanted to act in moves, I was actually like James when I was a kid, I made movies but just because I wanted to act on them.

• JackeeLee

April 9, 2011 at 12:02 pm

This sounds HUGE! What kinds of things would you need help with? Lights, props, costumes, or acting? Lots of us would be happy to donate services.

• ximinez

April 11, 2011 at 4:14 am

If you need any sort of help with translations and/or language related stuff (English, Polish, Chinese), let me know and I’d be glad to help out.

• April 11, 2011 at 4:47 pm

I can totally press some DVDs and Blu-rays.
    It would be really cool if it came in a Genisis box or something.

• John Zappone

April 12, 2011 at 12:27 am

i was going to say prior to this, you know whats bullshit? no new videos of your know whats bullshit videos.. i shall salute you when more bullshit hits the fan and you can bring some bullshit to our attention yet again.

huge fan of avgn but you are better with the board james and you know whats bullshit videos. brings out your good comedic know how.

• cognitofalcon

April 12, 2011 at 6:52 pm

Hello James, first time to post a comment on your site. As a beginning film maker (amateur) I can kind of feel your pain about time, and the process of creation. I also know how rewarding it is to see your vision in play. Congratulations on your first big movie roll, just remember us little people when you go big. Also, can’t wait for the movie, literally, can’t wait.
    Good luck, and here’s to success.

• April 13, 2011 at 12:53 am

I will support this in a heartbeat. Been a loyal, avid, never miss any of your content fan since you were the Nintendo Nerd. Please let us know how we can help Messer Wolfe!

• TheSonicZfan

April 13, 2011 at 5:31 pm

i was kinda hoping for a sonic episode considering i love sonic games, but all well ill miss the nerd vids and i wish u best of luck on the film =D

• April 13, 2011 at 7:18 pm

I can NOT wait !! after i saw the end of episode 101 i almost fainted bc 1: i’ve been looking forward to an AVGN movie and 2: i kno it’ll take awhile and the wait is unbearable !!
    BUT I SHALL WAIT !!
    aaaaaanyway !! My boyfriend and i (very large fans) are both willing to help out with anything we can whenever and if you need it !!
    I am excited if you couldn’t tell !!
    BEST OF LUCK !!
    I’ll be looking forward to it !!

• April 19, 2011 at 8:34 pm

I have a really urgent recommendation for the AVGN movie you are working on, and future individual episodes. This has to do with the AVGN episode “Deadly Towers”. That video was simply one of the funniest films I have ever seen. Period. The things you were saying had me laughing so damn hard, I was crying. Honestly, I never laugh like that, or cry. You had me doing both! Please, please, please, have some kind of crazy, outrageous, angry, sadistic, unbelievably stupid, outbursts, such as you did in Deadly Towers. Most of the AVGN episodes have some laughs here in there, but that one topped the list. Ever since I discovered AVGN and this site years ago, I have enjoyed almost everything you have created (plus Mike Matei’s amazing art). The idea of an AVGN movie sounds awesome, but at least part of the movie needs some kind of crazy bantering like what you did in that one episode. Sorry if I sound like I am rambling, but, as you can tell, I seriously enjoyed what you did in Deadly Towers. Here’s hoping for the best. Michael.

• jwrha96

April 20, 2011 at 8:46 am

Of course it should be available around the country…. But is there ANY chance the movie might come to Korea? or anywhere else for that matter? – I hope the movie comes out all right!

• WESTHEIMER

April 23, 2011 at 9:21 am

Cool, but this movie can come out like in Russia?

• WESTHEIMER

April 23, 2011 at 9:32 am

And this film can go in Russia?

• WESTHEIMER

April 23, 2011 at 9:33 am

I hate Google translator))

• happykfc

April 28, 2011 at 9:34 pm

Greetings from Canada!
    Hope the project will work, I’m really anxious to see this movie!
    Nice job for all the projects!

• May 5, 2011 at 1:07 am

ile be in your movie james i could fight you with the power glove……….its so bad

• May 11, 2011 at 1:39 am

THis one is going out there, but for your AVGN film, you should have a sequence in the opener where it is like Monty Python. Traversing great lands and epic sized geographical locations, just to present the movie or the game.

Or going to find a supposedly “rare” copy of E.T. and learning it is widely common and you proclaiming “Fuck!!!!!”

• Murphy2112

May 22, 2011 at 10:46 pm

This movie seems like it’ll be a bitch to make. Doesn’t he have to pay for any games featured in it? And any mention/inclusion of Nintendo gear, etc.?

• CCCP

May 24, 2011 at 11:49 am

Murphy2112:
    Yes, every time James mentions some crappy movie adaptation for the NES he needs to pay LJN $1000 dollars. He’s almost broke at this point, poor guy.

James, could you perhaps clarify this movie announcement? There’s a large demographic of mental dwarfs in your audience who apparently believe the AVGN movie is going to see some kind of worldwide theatrical release.

• ares5566

May 24, 2011 at 8:18 pm

NOW!?!?! what about E.T.!?!?!?! OMFG you sir are a master troll.

• Seimann

May 25, 2011 at 5:07 am

cool man! really looking forward to it:)

• Jack Noir

May 25, 2011 at 8:06 am

i hope the movie focuses more on the nerd and his life as a gamer obsessed with shitty games than it does on side characters like shitpickle or bugs bunny or whatever

i mean there’s nothing wrong with crazy heroic battles against douchebags in costumes and blowing the shit out of things with lasers, of course not, but..

actually i’ve lost track of what i was whining about or why

• May 27, 2011 at 1:02 pm

The first video I ever saw on your channel was “Top 10 worst movie cliches”, and I loved it.. Then, I became acquainted with AVGN, and I loved that too. Basically, I enjoy all the types of videos you make and I completely support you. I know that you put a lot of time and work into what you do and I hope people understand why there haven’t been more AVGN videos instead of whining about it. In the meantime, I’m going to sit back and enjoy everything else you post =D

• May 29, 2011 at 2:03 pm

Can’t wait to see the film James!

• lievenvv

May 31, 2011 at 7:19 pm

you should make a documentary about making the movie ;D