This weekend: AVGN at Magfest

James / January 10th, 2011

Anyone in the Washington DC area, I will be appearing at the annual MagFest (Music And Game Festival) this weekend.

Hilton Alexandria Mark Center
5000 Seminary Road, Alexandria,
Virginia, 22311

Jan 13 – 16, 2011 (Thu – Sun) I’ll be arriving Friday

There is a tentative schedule. My events are as follows.

SATURDAY:

12 Noon – AVGN DVD Season 2 screening

4pm – “First Blood” with AC/DC Soundtrack. Years ago, I took the first Rambo movie and re-edited it with AC/DC as the entire soundtrack for hilarious effect. Whenever I tried uploading to YouTube, it would get automatically removed, so come see it while you can.

6pm – AVGN Q&A. This is when I make my official appearance and talk with the fans. Of course, you can always come meet me anytime you see me hanging around, but this is when you’ll know for sure where I’m planned to be.

You can get more info at the official Magfest site. (MagFest.org)

UPDATE: I hear Magfest is SOLD OUT. Sorry for those who can’t make it.

Comments

• strider_hiryu

January 10, 2011 at 2:11 pm

Cool James, hope to see you in chile someday 😀

• Kha

January 10, 2011 at 2:32 pm

Will Mike Matei be there too?

• Faun

January 10, 2011 at 2:39 pm

I wish I lived in America. England sucks. I would so kill to go see you.

• bencollierUK

January 10, 2011 at 3:01 pm

You know you want to come to England James…

• Valo216

January 10, 2011 at 3:13 pm

First Blood with AC/DC, this is going to be awesome!

• MadInChains02

January 10, 2011 at 3:31 pm

thats awesome man. been watching your videos for years and saw little hints of what made me think you were from where I’m from. between the wysp or wmmr sitcker on your old tv (can’t remember what it was) and the Yuengling from the spiderman episode. i’m actually stationed in VA in the navy and from the philly-ish area. and i might head back to va early and since i have no plans i could drive to this event. it was pretty badass man, you been cracking me up for years playing the same shit i did as a kid. though i have to tell you, i used to love that TMNT game.

thanks for doing what you do man, you are pretty much all i watch on youtube and looking forward to the movie

• Gonzalo_vm

January 10, 2011 at 4:15 pm

wish i could go 🙁

• January 10, 2011 at 4:56 pm

Man, it seems like EVERYBODY is gonna be at that convention…you, Spoony, Linkara…grrr, I wish i could go so badly! You HAVE to come to a con closer to Georgia sometime….:(

• January 10, 2011 at 4:59 pm

@Kha
    It’ll just be myself this year. Maybe another time I will bring more of the Cinemassacre crew.

• ScaryManiac

January 10, 2011 at 5:11 pm

Please take in on tape so we can see it!

• January 10, 2011 at 5:40 pm

Come to Canada James!!! Its not that far from Philly and you got a huge fan base here in Montreal!

• AikoujOi

January 10, 2011 at 6:04 pm

James are you also planning on coming to the Pacific Northwest sometime, like to Seattle or Spokane? Would love to see you at a con.

• RafikiDreamer

January 10, 2011 at 6:33 pm

Just like fierfly25 said, come to Canada please!!!

• Cory Power

January 10, 2011 at 6:48 pm

James you should totally hook up with some of the TGWTG crew. I think nearly everyone on the site is going to MAGFest. You and Spoony doing an in-person crossover would be orgasmic.

• January 10, 2011 at 7:37 pm

I would love to go there just to see the screening of First Blood with AC/DC!

If you can, check out Noah “The Spoony One’s” different appearances at MAGfest along with everybody else at TGWTG! I heard it’s going to be quite a party!

• naeroikathgor

January 10, 2011 at 8:17 pm

So, I live in hour from DC. I’m getting my license tomorrow. I think your videos are amazing. ROAD TRIP!!! Hope I get to you meet you James it’d be quite a pleasure!

• AVGNfan2344

January 10, 2011 at 8:19 pm

wish i could go live in al but from bmore i would go but there is to much snow oh well there is always another time

• Senter

January 10, 2011 at 8:28 pm

Will your wife be recording some of the things that are happening there?

I really liked watching how all the fans meet up to you. I’m from europe and it may take a while or never at all, but still it would be nice to see the fans and the nerd on a video. Either way I like that you’re treating your fans so well.

Oh and I think James could travel all over the world since he got a huge fan base.

• Chiok

January 10, 2011 at 11:25 pm

hope you travel to Peru D:

• baseracer

January 10, 2011 at 11:32 pm

You should come to Milwaukee for the Midwest Gaming Classic! That would be awesome!

• cdragon40

January 10, 2011 at 11:35 pm

I wish James could do a world tour. It would be amazing to be able to meet him in person. If only we could get Rolling Rock to sponsor it……

• pbboogie

January 11, 2011 at 12:31 am

Dude, come to Athens, GA. If nothing else, come for the bars. We’ll get shnockerd.

• SpeedyEric

January 11, 2011 at 1:46 am

I bet you’ll have alot of fun at MAGfest, James, along with Nostalgia Critic, Spoony, Linkara, Obscurus Lupa, and other reviewers from TGWTG.com.

• Kha

January 11, 2011 at 6:36 am

@James thanks for responding. I won’t be able to go anyway, but I thought I’d ask!

• January 11, 2011 at 7:27 am

@cdragon40 +1 for AVGN world tour, it would be awesome!

• HenrikL600

January 11, 2011 at 7:39 am

James, have you thought about making a UK / Europe tour? Judging from the other comments, the interest is certainly there!

• Sakura4anime25

January 11, 2011 at 10:40 am

awww man dang it haha I go to college a few minutes away from DC but I’m on break right now, if I was at college I would totally go lol

• rando

January 11, 2011 at 1:27 pm

Looks like the registration for this thing is closed, and they are sold out. Says if you aren’t preregistered, you will be turned away at the door. Sucks, because I live in Alexandria, and would have gone.

• Hammerpants

January 11, 2011 at 2:57 pm

None of the cool Cons ever happen in my neck of the woods…

• Evilrex

January 11, 2011 at 6:43 pm

James is treated like a true celebrity now, it’s certainly awesome to have seen him grow in popularity so much over these past few years.

Come to Europe! I want a Nerdvest 2011 world tour!!

• Evilrex

January 11, 2011 at 6:46 pm

* Nerdfest

Nerdvest, must be like a sleeveless T shirt with the AVGN on it, speaking of which, how come there isn’t any? I’d love to see more AVGN shirts, with different designs and such.

• AikoujOi

January 11, 2011 at 7:17 pm

A Nerdfest Tour, that sound awesome! lol

Yeah its is great to see his popularity grow

• tylerdurden389

January 11, 2011 at 11:12 pm

Oh man, I would LOVE to be there for the First Blood AC/DC screening. That video was awesome. The fact that you did that for the entire film is great. First Blood is one of the best action movies ever, and AC/DC is one of the best rock bands ever. That mashup must be pure win. PLEASE upload it onto fanedit.org when you get the chance James!!!

• Will Smathers

January 12, 2011 at 1:16 am

I can’t get the Tornado Rex song out of my head. You should have Lauriana Mae make a cameo with Bootsy.

• nviso209

January 12, 2011 at 2:45 am

Go hangout and DO AN INTERVIEW W/ RETRO GAMING ROUNDUP!!!

• Spiderpete

January 12, 2011 at 2:40 pm

come to Newfoundland by for the annual scifi show here haha

• Nerdy Nerd

January 13, 2011 at 3:47 pm

aww man, I cant come because I live on the other side of the Earth but to those lucky people and even pets I just wanna say: LUCKY MOTHERFUCKERS, CANT YOU GIVE ME YOUR FUCKING LUCK AND I WILL BE GOD OF THE WORLD!!!!

• Granter

January 13, 2011 at 4:19 pm

I wonder, when will we see AVGN in HD!!

• Monstermash

January 13, 2011 at 11:07 pm

According to the website MAGFEST is sold out ,FFFUUUUUCCCCKK!!!!
    I live in Maryland and I would go if it wasn’t sold out.

• Dgamer21

January 14, 2011 at 7:11 am

Damn I’m in NY. I had a lot of fun at Digital Press though. By the way James, there’s alot of conventions in countries overseas with many raving fans! I suggest if you get the chance, you should consider it. Many foreigners would appreciate it! Good Luck James.

• Jam Centipede

January 14, 2011 at 12:25 pm

you really should about a europe uk tour just athought

• January 16, 2011 at 5:05 pm

Hey James! Awesome meeting you at MAGFest! It’s too bad I couldn’t meet Mike, he seems pretty kickass too. Thanks for taking time out of your super busy schedule to meet with your fans. I hope you post a video of the panel, unfortunatly, they filled the panel right at me, so I’m hoping this way I could still see what I missed.

Keep up the great work!

• January 17, 2011 at 9:27 am

so just one question? where the f$%k is MotherFucker Mike, BOOM! that feels like a home run!

Boom! oh yeah baby, James the Angry Video Game Nerd and his buddy MotherFucker Mike – BOOM BOOM!

• Butch Bitch

January 17, 2011 at 11:10 am

Hey James, is the Cinemassacre crew going to start filming the AVGN movie after the 100th episode comes out?
    It seems so obvious to me now. You put making your first feature film as your New Years Resolution, it’s almost the 100th episode, and i’ve been watching the Project Twenty1 Podcast and there’s constant references to the Cinemassacre franchise. There’s obviously going to be something big in the works.
    Oh, wait, is the 100th “episode” going to be the movie?

• January 22, 2011 at 10:01 pm