AVGN interview taken during autograph signing

James / December 12th, 2010

I was doing an autograph signing at a game store, Digital Press. You can see the video of that here. The line of fans was constantly flowing. I was signing stuff and taking photos for 6 hours straight until we cut the line off. (2:30pm – 9pm) These guys from EED Productions dropped by and managed to sneak in a quick interview. They had some pretty cool questions, so check it out.

Comments

• December 12, 2010 at 4:03 pm

Nice 🙂

• J.J. McSandfarm

December 12, 2010 at 4:18 pm

This interviewer was pretty handsome, eh? I hate it when interviewers have no talent, and this guy had plenty of it. Though the cameraman could’ve gotten a better angle.

Anyhow, I liked Mike’s answer about his regrets and how you should always do your best; it’s too true. Great video!

• December 12, 2010 at 4:24 pm

No James, thanks to you both!!

• kevdemed

December 12, 2010 at 5:02 pm

What’s cool about this is that I always wondered the same things.
    How the hell can these Guys finish all these Video’s and in one month?
    It blows my mind on how dedicated these guys are.
    But it must be hard.
    If you guys ever need an extra Illustrator for any reason, just let me know and I wont hesitate.
    James, Thank you for introducing me to the Hero of all Children, Gamera, and other things I never thought id like and thank you Mike for all the Awesome Art Work you have made.
    You should release an Art Book someday.
    The Art of AVGN.

By the way.
    If there’s one thing I enjoy as much as AVGN, it’s Board James.
    I can’t get enough of that shit!
    But I’m happy with whatever you guys make, plus the movie stuff is really informal.

Thanks again and God Bless!

• December 12, 2010 at 5:31 pm

Great interview! Most of those questions were EXACTLY what I also wanted to ask. But, when I got up to the both of them, my brain went into duh-huh mode.

• TheShadowRealm

December 12, 2010 at 5:37 pm

It must have been really crowded, you can tell James’ answers were a little rushed compared to the other interviews he’s done. But they were good answers put into simple words. Thanx for the post. I hope I can attend an event like that one day to meet you guys in person.

• Jenifer

December 12, 2010 at 5:57 pm

wow! that was very nice! and now we know that you guys take this very serius but sorry for giving you so much troubles by asking you for more vids but we all are very gratefull for all your had work and we all thank you for hour and hour of great fun!!!! and Mike you’re incredible i’ve always think that your draws are great sence day one so don’t be so hard with yourserf =D soooo thanks! and YOU GUYS ROCK!

• GoldRoger

December 12, 2010 at 6:07 pm

Wow, 6 hours signing autographs, you and Mike work really hard

• FreeID

December 12, 2010 at 6:26 pm

and this got you excited? are they the only people who bother to interview you with a decent camera?

• Undertaker

December 12, 2010 at 7:41 pm

i just want to say thank you to both of you James and Mike. You guys work so hard just so we can watch a 20 min vid. plus all the other projects you have going on, its no wonder you got burned out. i would like to see more than one vid a month but i understand that youre very busy, so thats fine.

• Bick Benedict

December 12, 2010 at 7:44 pm

Bravo to whoever made that video, and thanks! Excellent quality and great relevant questions.

• Butch Bitch

December 12, 2010 at 7:52 pm

Hey James, I have a question. In some of your videos, you make references to psychoanalysis. For example, in “Dragon In My Dreams”, you described the short as a psychoanalysis of yourself, and in the AVGN Dr.Jekyll and Mr. Hyde Re-Revisited episode, you made a reference to Freud. Do these references reflect a personal interest in psychoanalysis, or am I just looking too deep into things?

• gdol

December 12, 2010 at 7:59 pm

thank you for everything James!

• Limerang

December 12, 2010 at 8:46 pm

We should not just thank James, but instead thank everyone of his friends who have worked and helped him entertain us for so long!

but also James 😀

• DragonOfTime

December 12, 2010 at 8:47 pm

Thats really awesome. I wish i could of met James and Mike! Thta would be like the awesomest thing ever. Good job to cinemassecre for doing all the great videos that they have done and will do! 🙂

• December 12, 2010 at 11:40 pm

James! This is Amanda from Descendants of Erdrick. I asked Joe Santulli to give you a copy of our disc. Hope you enjoy. We’re big fans of yours! Please feel free to use any of our tracks in any upcoming videos. Thanks a bunch!

Amanda Lepre

• Gonzalo_vm

December 13, 2010 at 1:22 am

a million thanks to you james!!!!!

• December 13, 2010 at 2:48 am

“Thanks for watching”.

Straight-forward as all hell, I actually love it. It sounds stupid, but whatever.

And you’re very welcome, James.

• Vinny1138

December 13, 2010 at 3:09 am

Nice interview. Wish I could’ve came.

• encey

December 13, 2010 at 9:53 am

Nice one duders. Mike is hot!

• pro_thizz

December 13, 2010 at 9:57 am

Thanks to James and Mike who work tirelessly to produce the videos we know and love and now can’t live without. we as fans are in debt to them for all they have done. keep it up guys, and good luck on the next avgn, I cant wait !

• December 13, 2010 at 10:18 am

That was a pretty cool interview. So Mike was the rotten bastard who had Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hide for the NES. lol! That was really cool. Thanks for sharing.

• warwagon

December 13, 2010 at 10:51 am

The Quality of that Video Was FANTASTIC. Was that shot on a DSLR?

• December 13, 2010 at 12:36 pm

@Amanda Lepre
    Yeah I got it alright. Thanks! I laughed as soon as I heard T&C Surf Design. Awesome!

• mcnerven

December 14, 2010 at 2:23 am

Man, T & C Surf Design sucked HARD. Fuck that uncontrollable surfing ape and fuck LJN.

• December 15, 2010 at 4:39 am

Great interview. It’s cool to see someone interviewing James and Mike and not the other way around.

• Schloss Ritter

December 18, 2010 at 2:31 pm

Nicely done, on both sides of the mic.

• Shanky

December 18, 2010 at 6:42 pm

Is it just the lighting, or is James thinning on top?

• xenxander

December 20, 2010 at 5:01 pm

You’re a good sport for doing an interview amidst your signing.
    I know he was probably a star-struck fan who is also in media same as you, but that’s fine.

I’ll make you a promise, if you read these.

If you’re ever in Florida and you’re there because you wanted to visit the Disney places (MGM, World, Ebcot, magic kingdom, resort, down-town Disney), Florida state residents get a discount.

I’ll gladly take you there to share the discount with you. (I’m actually a texas state resident and as you know, the one who still is trying to get the AVGN CCG finished but damn I’m so busy!) but I’m moving on the 21st, to Florida (which is where my family lives).
    So I’ll have residency again in florida, and I’ll be happy to show you around if you ever visit (though I imagine you will probably never visit based on your busy life, family, projects, etc)

• phoenix252005

December 23, 2010 at 9:59 am

James and Mike Please Please Please come to Connecticut,so many fans here waitin for ya!!

• December 25, 2010 at 9:04 am

I wish I could have had more than your signature BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM! http://www.vizzed.com/vizzedboard/index.php?ref=65348