Enchantment Under the Sea Reenactment

James / November 16th, 2010

At weregoingback.com’s Back to the Future celebration finale, they reenacted the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance at the Hollywood United Methodist Church (the original filming location!).Β Harry Waters Jr. (Marvin Berry from the movie) sings Earth Angel. AJ LoCascio plays guitar in the back right.

And here’s the recreation of Marty playing Johnny B. Goode.

Anyone have more pics/videos/blogs about the event? Send them along.

Comments

• EvilEntity81

November 16, 2010 at 3:12 am

Awsome,,wish I could have been there.

• November 16, 2010 at 3:23 am

This is so awesome. Once the 30th anniversary comes on Wednesday October 21st (Which I hope will happen), they should have most 2015 stuff and an old school photo shoot at the beginning of the clock tower with costumes.

• prinnyprince

November 16, 2010 at 3:57 am

Now that’s just too awesome. πŸ˜€

• Cory Power

November 16, 2010 at 4:01 am

Can we just get it over with and make the remake with AJ Locascio already? As far as I’m concerned he is the new Marty McFly. It’s inevitable that they’ll make a remake, so they might as well do it with AJ.

• MajorStupido

November 16, 2010 at 9:34 am

Something’s wrong with the space time continuum… it’s 1955 and everyone is filming with their cellphones?! ^^

• Attack of the n00b

November 16, 2010 at 10:15 am

This SUCKS! What a piece of shit reenactment! Id be so pissed if i went there and thats what i got to see. Bull shit.

• ObSoLeTe

November 16, 2010 at 12:09 pm

awesome, im loving all the back to the future stuff at the moment

fucking awesome movies

• AARST

November 16, 2010 at 4:24 pm

Ah, I didn’t realise that was AJ. It didn’t sound that much like Marty this time, but I suppose the sound quality is to blame. He’s a cool guy.

• dhennick99

November 16, 2010 at 9:31 pm

-Here’s a link to my facebook album for this event.

• pskeen0927

November 17, 2010 at 7:13 am

n00b is Tom Wilson.

• cptsrg

November 17, 2010 at 12:13 pm

James how do you find out about this stuff? I mean i live in california right near the action and i dont even know when it happens until you post it

• Eelco

November 17, 2010 at 2:18 pm

This is so awesome πŸ™‚ Too bad I don’t live in the States.
    Still my number 1 movie trilogy…Back to the Future πŸ™‚

• November 17, 2010 at 6:22 pm

Would love to visit and re-enact this with the guitar, perhaps there would be no BOOM either, hang on yes there would, Biff loves eating the stuff.

• Vyncent

November 18, 2010 at 4:27 pm

That sounds like it must have been a blast for the people who were there. Because the only people who would show up are people that care and want to have fun at something like this. Looks like it was a blast too.

As for AJ’s performance, I was rather impressed. Was that really him playing/singing or was he synching with a recording. There would be nothing wrong with that, since not everyone was made with all skill sets. I’m just curious. As for it not sounding like Micheal J. Fox, let’s remember that, at least, in my memory, he didn’t sing the Johnny B. Goode. Or else his voice changes a lot when he sings. Either way, everyone has their own way of performing, so I think it was more interesting for AJ to act out the physical stuff we all expected, but just perform the music as best he could, and not try and waste his effort sounding like someone else in that part.

Very cool overall. Man. I love being a turt…I mean, I love BttF

• November 18, 2010 at 6:09 pm

Yes that is actually me playing and singing. It was obviously not meant to sound like Marty. In the movie the singer sounded nothing like Michale J. Fox.

Here’s a higher quality video on Vimeo:

– AJ

• November 19, 2010 at 5:51 pm

AJ, you’re awesome and I can’t wait for the video game. Hope to see you on October 31st 2015 for the 30th anniversary I hope!!!

• alcherewan

November 30, 2010 at 8:50 pm

the all need to be black

• alcherewan

November 30, 2010 at 8:51 pm

except the Marty he white

• Schloss Ritter

December 18, 2010 at 12:09 pm

Their guitarist could have dressed more appropriately for the role, like most of the others. The torn jeans and sleeveless shirt don’t even match the part of the 80s that Marty was from, at least in American suburbs.