COMING SOON: AVGN DVD Vol 4

James / November 2nd, 2010

Angry Video Game Nerd DVD: Volume 4 is just about ready. It will definitely be available before the Christmas/Holiday season at Screwattackstore.com. It will have all the AVGN episodes from 2009 and a bunch of bonus features which all totals out to 6 hours, 6 minutes of stuff! (3 discs) Some of the bonus features include Behind-the-scenes footage of the Crazy Castle episode, Outtakes, and some hilarious footage of Mike and I playing some weird video game peripherals.

The new AVGN episode should probably be up any day now. Between Monster Madness and the AVGN DVD, I’ve had to make the episode quick and basic, so don’t expect a masterpiece. Expect a good Vol 4 DVD!

Comments

• Ronin

November 2, 2010 at 11:31 am

This is great news. Can’t wait!

• Lari

November 2, 2010 at 11:51 am

Great! Please make sure there is a discount if one takes all four – there are still people among us who haven’t bought vol. 1 to 3 yet. Ahem.

• Poe

November 2, 2010 at 12:10 pm

Great! Thanks for letting us know.

• Zelda_Boy

November 2, 2010 at 12:25 pm

quick and basic? awwwww……..

James, um, I really hate to be a nitpicky trolling asshole, but, since your only doing one per month, doesn’t seem fair to make them a little longer than they would be other wise? I know the Action 52 was really long, and I guess the re-revisited games episode wasn’t exactly short either, but, with only one a month, it just seems to make sense to make them a little longer. again, I do apologize for being a whiny bitching troll, but I really like your videos and I just wish there was more to watch.

• Murphy2112

November 2, 2010 at 12:30 pm

@Zelda_Boy

The guy just put out an entire month’s worth of movie reviews. Give him some time to breathe.

• thousandlegger

November 2, 2010 at 12:32 pm

Zelda_Boy ……..get a hobby.

• BunchProductions.com

November 2, 2010 at 12:47 pm

James, but… why don’t you make a movie fo your bloopers for free?

• November 2, 2010 at 1:11 pm

I would buy a pack with the 4 dvd :D
    Can’t wait for the avgn episode, even if it’s short.

• November 2, 2010 at 1:29 pm

@Zelda_Boy
    You wish there was a longer Nerd video, because you love them so much. I’m glad that you do! But unless you could pause time during October, there’s physically no way to do any more.

As far as I’m concerned, the average length of a Nerd episode is 10 minutes. At least, that’s what I aim for, but when the game(s) deserve it, I put in overtime. That’s happened a lot this year, and yes going to 1 month has generally resulted in longer videos. But for the time being, with Monster Madness and the upcoming DVD, I think you can excuse this one.

I’m pretty sure there’ll be a 4 pack.

• November 2, 2010 at 1:43 pm

I don’t understand why is Zelda_Boy disappointed, he just got 1 month of non-stop monster madness as a compensation for the shortness of the incoming episode of avgn.

• November 2, 2010 at 1:48 pm

@systemofrm

He probably isn’t as much a fan of James’ work as he is a fan of the Nerd character specifically.

• November 2, 2010 at 1:56 pm

Can’t wait! I have all of your DVDs and even a couple of T shirts :)

• TLoZmastr

November 2, 2010 at 2:03 pm

To bad I can’t buy anything on internet T_T

• jdubTHUNDER

November 2, 2010 at 2:07 pm

@Zelda_Boy

really dude….really?

• Manos

November 2, 2010 at 2:25 pm

@Zelda_Boy

Sure, we have gotten a lot of long videos lately, but just because of Monster Madness, the upcoming DVD, and the 1 episode a month deal doesn’t mean he could be able to grind out another long video. To do that would mean that he would have had to eat and sleep VERY little EVERY SINGLE DAY! Regardless, despite this next one being a little shorter than the last several videos, I hope this one will be good. AVGN’s motto is: Quality over quantity.

But with Monster Madness and the DVD set out of the way, things should pick up by December. In fact, I’m looking forward to a really epic AVGN Christmas special by then! Hopefully.

• Liam Gauci

November 2, 2010 at 2:44 pm

thanks James, can’t wait!

• November 2, 2010 at 2:48 pm

Why are you all getting so offended by Zelda_Boy’s comment? If James wasn’t upset by it, you shouldn’t be.

I like seeing longer AVGN videos as well, but only when time permits it. The Monster Madness was a very nice treat, and James deserves a break. He does have a life, after all :3

I would buy the DVDs if I had means of ordering online.

• lartrak2

November 2, 2010 at 2:49 pm

Shouldn’t complain about a shorter or more basic review (though I might add many of the long time fan favorites are along these lines – like Silver Surfer and TMNT).

I listened to that radio interview where someone asked James if he did the Monster Madness videos the day they came out. I thought that was hilarious. The amount of work in the Monster Madness reviews is staggering. James is an insanely fast editor, but I’d still guess he spent in the hundreds of hours on all those videos. And the work in the AVGN videos is also huge. People don’t seem to appreciate how long even basic lighting, camera setups, acting, writing and editing takes – not to mention hours spent playing each game.

BTW, James, I thought this years Monster Madness was the best one so far! Good stuff, and a bunch of them ended up on my NetFlix list.

• Lufttygger306

November 2, 2010 at 2:52 pm

I wonder if he kept the beard…

Anyways, great news!

• Zolcos

November 2, 2010 at 3:04 pm

I think the AVGN is doing fine. IIRC the point of making them less frequent was to make more time for other stuff. If each episode had to be longer, it would defeat the purpose of moving to 1 a month.

• November 2, 2010 at 3:16 pm

it will be mine

• November 2, 2010 at 3:17 pm

Plus the AVGN movie. I’m excited for that.

Is ET going to be #100 or in the movie, you think… :)

Aside from AVGN stuff – I’m really loving all of James’ works. I definitely watched the monster madness vids every day in October! Really cool that James responded and is so grounded. Awesome!

• Heep

November 2, 2010 at 3:23 pm

More outtakes!!! Hours of them! Last 3 dvds just doesn´t include enough!
    They are so much fun to watch!

• Aeffles

November 2, 2010 at 3:38 pm

James! This is fantastic news! I can’t wait for the release of DVD VOL.4!

I’ll be sure to pick up a copy as soon as they’re available.

October went by too fast with your daily reviews, but I’m glad that it’s come down to this great news!

Well keep up the amazing work, I can’t wait to see the extras on Vol.4. Best wishes and keep rollin em!

Pickle.

• November 2, 2010 at 4:02 pm

so true, we got 31 reviews! man that was a looot!, My personal favorite is still the Mr/ Bucket video, amazing and creepy!!

Are there any plans to review more movies? I loved the wizard of oz and the bathaton, great stuff!!

ah btw, I watched again the castlevania videos and well I had to try again Simon’s Quest, now is not as bad as before (when I was a kid I was never able to jump the moving blocks) I can say i finished in less than 2 days. Sure, when you know how to use the crystals or the oak stake everything is easier.

• Tyron

November 2, 2010 at 4:31 pm

Hmmm…buy Dexter Season 4 or AVGN Vol. 4…hell go for AVGN anyday!

Can’t wait James, hopefully shipping to the UK will be quicker than last time.

• Liam Gauci

November 2, 2010 at 5:11 pm

hey James, how about including a signed letter with Vol 4? You know, just to say hello, reach out to the fans. It would be a small thing but I bet everyone would appreciate it. I know I would lol

• November 2, 2010 at 5:22 pm

Well I know what’s going on my Christmas list this year… =D

• Tylur

November 2, 2010 at 6:47 pm

Sign a bunch of copies and up the price by 10 dollars. I wouldn’t mind paying an extra 20$ for you autograph!

• November 2, 2010 at 7:36 pm

Just ordered Vol 1-3 last night, should be here in a few days! I’m excited. I’ll be picking up Vol 4 shortly!

• SURPLUS_NiNjA

November 2, 2010 at 8:10 pm

Do you make enough money to live off cinemassacre yet? Because you should :3

• Aeffles

November 2, 2010 at 8:18 pm

@Tylur
    Not a bad idea, I wouldn’t mind either.

@radiopools
    One of the best decisions you’ve made man. They day I ordered one I was so upset I didn’t order 2 and 3 at the same time. They were ordered very shortly after I finished Vol.1

• Undertaker

November 2, 2010 at 8:31 pm

hey as long as theres an ep, im happy. i wont set my standards high for this one

• Nightmare19

November 2, 2010 at 8:54 pm

Are the DvD’s only available on screwattackstore?

• romein138

November 2, 2010 at 9:19 pm

autograph all inserts for the first pressing, plzplzplzplz.

• TyroneAlfonso

November 2, 2010 at 10:11 pm

@ Tylur and Aeffles:

agreed!

• Cory Power

November 2, 2010 at 10:12 pm

God, you mean you want us to pay money for something we can watch for free? Ok, fine, I’ll buy it….

• strint519

November 3, 2010 at 3:43 am

This is good news. Thought to myself yesterday when is volume 4 going to get released. I’ve watched the first 3 too many times.

• NIKOLOVES

November 3, 2010 at 4:14 am

:O not sure i can order ._. hate that my economy is to bad T^T

• November 3, 2010 at 6:14 am

• November 3, 2010 at 7:46 am

James seems a little cranky lol, thats the first time ive seen him comment on here…its nice to see he reads our comments :-) After a month of awesome monster madness ill gladly take a shorter AVGN….but afterall…..isnt EVERY AVGN a fucking masterpiece???

• jsc315

November 3, 2010 at 9:20 am

can’t wait! I just recently ordered and finished all 3 volumes. I got so hooked so this will make me very happy :)

• November 3, 2010 at 10:57 am

the avgn is like a father to me, I wish I could have his babies, he is loyal and I am his child http://www.vizzed.com/vizzedboard/index.php?ref=65348

• Jigglysaint

November 3, 2010 at 11:54 am

“Don’t expect a masterpiece”
    *watches as it becomes the most popular AVGN in history*

I smell an obscure game review.

• animathias

November 3, 2010 at 1:58 pm

I’ve been thinking about picking up the AVGN DVDs for a while now, but I knew Season 4 was coming soon and was hoping for a 4-Pack. I’m quite happy to know I wasn’t waiting in vain. Thank you, James!

Can’t wait to order the DVDs, and I’m looking forward to the next AVGN episode – hopefully it’s something obscure and informative. If not, it should still be awesome, you’re a master at your craft.

Keep up the great work!

• Bimmy

November 3, 2010 at 2:50 pm

Hey, James. Check out this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3kTFVJdt4k

• November 3, 2010 at 3:06 pm

@Aeffles – Yeah, I figured ordering them one by one would drive me crazy, so I just took the plunge and nabbed them all. I’m very excited!

@poison_urbz – I don’t think it was cranky, it was just very logical and well thought out.

@Cory Power – technically we could watch it for free. Sitting through the obnoxious ads and missing out on bonus features. But we all <3 James & Co. so much, why not pitch them a few bucks so they can keep doing what they do? ;)

• November 3, 2010 at 3:44 pm

NEED TERRIBLE GAME REVIEW ASAP

Review the SuperScope 6 for the love of god.

• November 3, 2010 at 4:06 pm

Also, it’s been said many times, demanding reviews from James won’t work. It always blows my mind to see the disrespect his “fans” show him by demanding that he review a certain game or complain when he isn’t able to regularly release a new episode.

• Dirty Jared

November 3, 2010 at 4:46 pm

I demand a total recall review right now! OR ELSE!

• danny

November 3, 2010 at 6:22 pm

Awesome news! I’ve waiting for Vol. 4 to come out so I could order it along with a replacement copy of Vol. 1 (mine has gotten pretty scratched up somehow). Also, some of my favorite Nerd episodes are from last year, so this one will be a lot of fun to watch!

• November 3, 2010 at 7:52 pm

Can’t wait for the DVD to come out and btw we need a new avgn stat.

• rocky47

November 3, 2010 at 9:27 pm

We, the fans, NEED a new AVGN episode. We demand it.

• volt28

November 5, 2010 at 6:42 pm

yay!! perhaps I finaly buy vol 3 with the new one :)

• despeinado samurai

November 8, 2010 at 9:19 pm

damn, maybe i will try to buy all the volumes

• Drejjmit

November 13, 2010 at 1:33 pm

Will it be shipping so we get it before Christmas?

• Nolov4urgod2

November 15, 2010 at 5:37 pm

Please. If not this DVD, maybe a box set, as a special feature, even though we kinda male fun of it on other DVD releases, please please include English Subtitles!!! It’s what comes out of everyones mouth why we watch. It would be even greater to see everything spelled out to the best of your ability in all the AVGN episodes. Even when you ask us to listen to how bad atari sounds are just place (BEee WwaAAAZzGgrZZ) in it’s place to explain how bad it is. I still don’t own any copies of your DVDs because there is no mention of subtitles. I hope you read all these comments and stumble upon this idea. Thanks.