AVGN Q&A on Examiner.com

James / October 28th, 2010

I did a cool Q&A recently about AVGN/video game stuff. Check it out here.

Comments

• Ronin

October 28, 2010 at 11:22 am

Awesome James! Always love this behind the scenes type stuff, keep it up!

• October 28, 2010 at 12:00 pm

Great interview! I always wondered about the destroying of your posters and games and now I have an answer. Keep the videos coming and I’ll always watch!

• Crowbar

October 28, 2010 at 12:09 pm

That was very interesting. I find it very sad that you don’t have much time on your hands to play newer video games, since in recent years, there were several games that are just incredible (Bioshock, Dragon Age and Fallout 3 for example).
    But hey, you use that time to make all this awesome Cinemassacre-Stuff, and that’s why we love ya.

• SUPERFOX5

October 28, 2010 at 12:56 pm

This is great!
    Alot of questions were answered!

Only one remains:
    How do you obtain the European and Japanese games? Do you use ebay or because you travel alot, you go to Japan?

• ScaryManiac

October 28, 2010 at 1:08 pm

Always interesting reading interviews from you! 🙂

• GoldRoger

October 28, 2010 at 1:29 pm

Cool interview, so you like GTA4, huh ?

• October 28, 2010 at 2:21 pm

Awesome, very good read and informative on some things. I can’t wait for future AVGN productions cause they are the highlight of the month for me.

• October 28, 2010 at 2:45 pm

It would be interesting to see The Nerd review Space Quest 2 (or any or all of the Space Quest games) for ye olde Tandy. Why ‘2’, specifically? Because of Vohaul’s demented scheme involving a clone army of door-to-door life insurance salesmans. XD

• October 28, 2010 at 3:30 pm

Interesting interview. I always kind of wondered if you had spares of the things destroyed in AVGN episodes James. The GTA4 thing makes sense when you think about games you can jump in and out of. Just flip it on, run over a hooker or two, jump out…satisfaction haha.

• megaolf

October 28, 2010 at 8:17 pm

Really nice Interview. Enjoyed reading it and it answered some questions.

• Warrax

October 28, 2010 at 9:35 pm

Good stuff, I like one of the comments saying that Monster Madness is the best moment of the morning, so true 🙂

• October 29, 2010 at 1:09 am

I totally feel ya on how modern games are a vacuum. Older games were really just pick up and play. They didn’t require you to sit there for hours to actually get anywhere. That is definitely a characteristic of older games that I enjoy over modern ones.

• Robert Corominas

October 29, 2010 at 7:25 am

Great job James, I follow all your stuff, Im kinda nerd too, greatings from Uruguay

• robotband

October 29, 2010 at 1:15 pm

Thanks for posting James.
    It seems crazy that gaming is such a big part of your movie-making, yet you have so little time to actually play them. Much admiration for all your work.

• Hazardous99

October 29, 2010 at 5:47 pm

I just watched the whole Godzillathon and it was pretty informitive and overall a treat for my Friday night. I am sad to say i never had the chance to play the NES or SNES or anything in that ime period, as i was not born yet. Ive always wanted to own an NES though, ever since i started watching the AVGN videos and its safe to say ive seen alot of your work. Ive seen all your “You know whats Bullshit” to all your movie reviews, to all your AVGN, (except the spider-man review XD) So im definetly a big fan, so just wanted to say keep up the great work.

• October 30, 2010 at 7:13 am

Good interview sir. keep it up!

• November 1, 2010 at 1:54 am

“I made a game collection page on my own website for myself and others to keep track of my inventory.”

Where I can find this site? 😉

• November 1, 2010 at 9:19 pm

I love you James, I will name my babies after you http://www.vizzed.com/vizzedboard/index.php?ref=65348