RiffTrax Live: House on Haunted Hill

James / October 23rd, 2010

Ever see House on Haunted Hill? The classic 1959 version starring Vincent Price, directed by William Castle. People spend the night in a haunted house. Really cliche and campy. Fun spooky stuff. I dedicated a video to William Castle as part of Monster Madness 2007 (The Tingler). He would plant certain gags in the theater and turn the place into a fun house. With House on Haunted Hill, a skeleton would fly across the theater on a string.

It will be in theaters again October 28. I doubt there will be a flying skeleton this time, but even better, there will be the comic riffing of Michael J. Nelson, Kevin Murphy and Bill Corbett.

The event will be broadcast live to movie theaters nationwide on October 28 at 8:00pmET / 7:00pmCT / 6:00pmMT and 8:00pmPT (tape delay).

Go to this link for more info.

Comments

• BatDan

October 23, 2010 at 5:21 pm

I’ve got my ticket! It will be a fun night.

• Ben_from_G-town

October 23, 2010 at 5:22 pm

Man, I love the MST3K guys! And it’s great they are still around doing rifftrax. I hope this event will be screened a theater near me! Thanks for the heads up, I’ve got to check this out!

• PLLaDeDa

October 23, 2010 at 5:39 pm

TMC is going to air the movie on Halloween at 7 PM CST.

I also have my tickets to the show.

• tonyaj420

October 23, 2010 at 6:29 pm

Nice the last rifftrax live, Reefer Madness was hilarious, they still got it.

• October 23, 2010 at 8:13 pm

This movie is so much fun. I wish I could go but I have things to do and places to go.

• Cory Power

October 23, 2010 at 8:43 pm

I’m gonna get eaten alive for saying this, but I don’t find the RiffTrax guys funny. I’m all for making fun of a movie, but most of their jokes are just them saying something stupid in a funny voice, not a legitimate joke about the film. I’d rather watch someone like Spoony or The Critic present legitimate jokes about the movie, even if they themselves are influenced by MST3K.

• October 23, 2010 at 11:55 pm

@Cory – sounds like you’ve never actually watched one.

• 2dskillz

October 24, 2010 at 1:34 am

Thanks for the Heads Up. My Tickets have been purchased. I am super excited for this, MST has been a major influence on me growing up and it still is today.

• harryhausen2000

October 24, 2010 at 1:02 pm

There is actually a bar in downtown Portland ME called GINOS that’s showing this film. Its 21 & over so I can’t go because I’m 19(Which really sucks)but, the good news is the guy who owns the bar is actually going to put the skeletons back in the theater. He is also going to be handing out free life insurance policy just for old times sake. Pretty awesome huh?

• mjmalmsteen

October 24, 2010 at 5:42 pm

I’m very very happy to see you have Rifftrax on your site, Rifftrax is basically what I rent movies from netflix for. I think ” I’ll rent Iron Man they did a Rifftrax for it”, anyway I bought and printed out my tickets about a week ago I never miss a live show. I will be seeing it in Warner Robins GA. It will be a great show I can’t wait to see the new shorts

• Schloss Ritter

October 24, 2010 at 11:58 pm

Sounds like a good time.

• fuddwupper

October 25, 2010 at 1:36 am

I remember watching this the ending is hilarious (but I wont spoil it)

• October 25, 2010 at 7:27 pm

Sorry, I’ll have to pass. I live in Ann Arbor, Michigan… there’s a showing of Nosferatu here on that night, and there’s even a really good organist to play for the showing.

• captkiro

October 25, 2010 at 8:02 pm

oh man oh man. I can’t wait! i’ve been planning this for weeks.

• October 25, 2010 at 9:17 pm

I’ll be there. Hope to see a packed house in Pittsburgh!

• October 27, 2010 at 12:11 am

I guess I’ll just have to wait until the DVD comes out. I so wanted to watched House on Haunted Hill. Gonna be great fun with friends.

• October 30, 2010 at 8:33 pm

Is there a way i can watch this online? If not i’ll have to go!