Let me hear you say “It’s Cinemassacre’s Monster Madness!”

James / August 8th, 2010

In October 2007, I made a series of videos about the history of horror movies. The following years, it’s sort of become a Cinemassacre tradition to review 31 monster/horror films, each day of the month, to celebrate the Halloween season.

In the beginning of each video I say “It’s Cinemassacre’s Monster Madness”, but this year, I’d like to hear others give it a try. Send me your own voice and maybe I’ll use it. Who knows, it’s worth a try.

Record yourself saying just the line “It’s Cinemassacre’s Monster Madness.” You can be creative how you say it, you can speak in a Mickey Mouse voice (actually no, I probably wouldn’t use that) or add any kind of vocal effect. But no background noises. Just the voice. Send it as an mp3, aif, or wav.

Please only submit ONE take. Choose which one you think is best.

Email it to [email protected] by September 1st. By then, we will be working on finalizing all the videos and getting them ready for October.

Here’s a few examples:

The Black Cat/The Raven (A calmer intro voice)

The Brain (A screaming intro voice)

And as always, you can see past year’s marathons here:

Monster Madness 2007: History of Horrors

Monster Madness 2008: Godzillathon

Monster Madness 2009

UPDATE: We’re getting a lot of entries that are very quiet. This is Monster MADNESS! GO CRAZY! Also, we don’t need any more that sound like a demonic voice.

Comments

• GoldRoger

August 8, 2010 at 3:34 am

I’m a bit sick, and as soon as I get my voice back I’ll send something.

This looks fun

• August 8, 2010 at 4:10 am

Just sent you 3 versions in a WAV file πŸ™‚

• Kid_Icarus

August 8, 2010 at 4:59 am

I’ve got something up my sleeve for this, but I’m gonna feel pretty retarded doing it at work in front of my co-workers. So hopefully it gets picked lol.

• Liam Gauci

August 8, 2010 at 7:16 am

Great idea, will give it a go!

• Billy Andersson

August 8, 2010 at 8:34 am

The link for The Black Cat/The Raven is broken.

It works if you remove the “www.cinemashttp//” in the beginnning.

• RichardE

August 8, 2010 at 8:37 am

Cool idea (even if I don’t get included, haha).

• curtl10

August 8, 2010 at 8:49 am

could i do any voice i want? as in ANY?

• TheSilleGuy

August 8, 2010 at 9:24 am

I cant send it for some reason. It says the email is invailed or something. Is it because im swedish? PLEASE HELP ME!

• ranto1

August 8, 2010 at 9:52 am

Sadly i recently had some surgery, and my mouth is being held shut by rubber bands.. if i get them taken away in time i will send something

• bumblebee-xox

August 8, 2010 at 10:29 am

I tried recording it but my voice is rather high and girly so I doubt I will be sending a voice recording in unless I can make it sound spooky…

• nerdyguy64

August 8, 2010 at 10:48 am

It’s Cinemassacre’s Monster Madness!

• Nintony58

August 8, 2010 at 10:58 am

Just sent mine in.

• Butch Bitch

August 8, 2010 at 11:00 am

Aw, shit! I can do a KILLER Mickey Mouse impression. I could have even added that little laugh if you wanted. Ha Ha!

But I understand…

• Butch Bitch

August 8, 2010 at 11:01 am

Nonetheless, I don’t have the equipment to do it. Consider yourself spared.

I fucking can’t wait for Monster Madness 2010!

• PeoplePlayGames

August 8, 2010 at 12:04 pm

Can we say it in spanish?

• TheSilleGuy

August 8, 2010 at 1:28 pm

Its so STUPID that noone has responded to my comment yet -_-

• Metalconcert

August 8, 2010 at 1:36 pm

Awesome, I’ve got a deep voice. Maybe it will suit it. πŸ˜€

• bigklk

August 8, 2010 at 1:38 pm

what if stupid but awsome at the same time

• HelloFade3

August 8, 2010 at 2:05 pm

I think for this year’s Monster Madness you should do a “Stephen King-a thon” review all of Stephen Kings films for each day. Such as Carrie,It,The Shining(yes i know you’ve done that one already but heck you could do it again or you could review the made for T.V miniseries) Pet Semetary,Needful Things,Christine,Salem’s Lot, Sleepwalkers,Misery,Cujo,The Dark Half,Silver Bullet,The Dead Zone,The Mist,The Langoliers,Graveyard Shift, The Tommy Knockers andThinner. Then of course there’s also his non-horror films such as Hearts of Atlantis Stand By Me,The Shawshank Redemption and The Green Mile, but those probably wouldn’t fit in very with with Monster Madness.

• BurningDiscipleProductions

August 8, 2010 at 2:12 pm

i sent something a little different so my voice sounds much deeper than it really is

• Corpse

August 8, 2010 at 2:43 pm

Just sent mine in. I can’t wait for this years Monster madness!

• PaulRikkyTalbot

August 8, 2010 at 4:14 pm

I’ll send it soon as possible!!!
    Looks like a great idea =D

Greetings from Brazil…home of the Gill-Man

• spideyman2099

August 8, 2010 at 4:15 pm

I tried no to good but whatever just glad to help out

• Dolly Dagger

August 8, 2010 at 4:18 pm

Sent! Went all sex kitten-tastic with it…hope you guys approve. πŸ˜‰

• August 8, 2010 at 4:41 pm

Awesome! I might just send in a submission, but it’ll be a surprise! πŸ˜€ Can’t wait to test out Audacity.

• Jigglysaint

August 8, 2010 at 5:18 pm

I am so tempted to submit one that sounds like the intro from Sidescrollers, but that would be breaking the rules. Using just my voice would just be breaking ear drums.

• [email protected]@

August 8, 2010 at 5:26 pm

I went calm and then did sorta of a scary voice

• Bloodletskeleton

August 8, 2010 at 5:27 pm

Can’t wait for CMM πŸ™‚ throw some dario argento films in there πŸ˜› and some really B rated ones. For shits and giggles try out Terror Toons.

• August 8, 2010 at 6:20 pm

The first link is messed up.

• August 8, 2010 at 6:41 pm

Just sent in my two. Even if you do not use either, I still will be waiting on monster madness here.

• BlueGemini

August 8, 2010 at 6:50 pm

That’s a good idea (^^) Unfortunately, I can’t help with that. My voice aren’t that good actually even if I edit it (x_x). But I’ll be definitely waiting for the next Monster Madness series >=)

• avgnfan96

August 8, 2010 at 9:07 pm

my voice is too squeaky for this lol

• PMart15

August 8, 2010 at 9:28 pm

Cinemassacre’s monster madness is probably my favorite thing or secod favorites thing about Cinemassacre, James’ knowledge about movies, and his reviews makes you want to go and watch every movie he reviws, he seems like a cool guy to just sit around talk about movies and shoot the shit with, can’t wait to see what’s in this years Monster Madness

• August 8, 2010 at 10:12 pm

I wait for Monstermadness Every year! Its my Highlight For Oct Well and Halloween Of course! i sent my Sound Clip Hope you guys like it. Cant wait till Oct

• August 8, 2010 at 10:26 pm

I’d do this, but my voice is horrendously ugly.
    Sucks for me, I suppose πŸ˜›

• Haon

August 8, 2010 at 10:26 pm

I don’t have any of the things that you say, up in the description, so I’m just going to put a YouTube video, of me saying it, and hope it works! Sorry for the inconvenience!

• August 8, 2010 at 10:33 pm

I shall do that comrade πŸ˜€

• AFX

August 8, 2010 at 10:53 pm

hey James, I have a question about the background noises. Do you mean background noises as in a dog barking, or a phone ringing, or a TV turned on, etc., or noise as in static, or a fuzzy sound that mics make sometimes?

The reason I’m asking this is because I have an awesome audio effect program that can make my voice sound sound epic as shit, but with some of the effects it has that echo like “fuzzy” sound.

I also use Turtle Beach Ear Force X41.

• August 9, 2010 at 12:23 am

that would be cool to have bruce campbell to do a smartass intro cause he’s the bomb like everybody else at cinemassacre!

• elektroman

August 9, 2010 at 12:29 am

I just recorded and sent a vocal sample for this. Hope it may get used in October.

• Faroutdude

August 9, 2010 at 1:58 am

haha this is awesome as shit that you are doing this, monster madness is probably my favorite thing that you do. I really dig this so i’m going to send ya one,im a death metal vocalist so ill give ya something real heavy without any effects or bullshit anyway keep it sleazy peace

• Mattematask

August 9, 2010 at 6:42 am

Cool! I’m gonna try my Black Metal/Creepy storyteller voice xD

• fudgemonkeyz69

August 9, 2010 at 6:59 am

Hope mine doesn’t blow out your speakers!

• gamemaker60

August 9, 2010 at 7:33 am

I do death metal vocals so i cant think of any reason for me not to give this a try. πŸ™‚

• Amanda M.

August 9, 2010 at 9:07 am

Might give this a shot. πŸ˜€

• August 9, 2010 at 10:59 am

Sent one! πŸ˜€

• Metalconcert

August 9, 2010 at 2:38 pm

By the way, I would really love for you to put more old black and white movies on the list, you really got me into those movies.

• melvman24

August 9, 2010 at 6:41 pm

This sounds like fun, and I think I’m gonna try it out. I just have to decide if I’m gonna add vocal effects with audacity or not. I’m also thinking about featuring my voice in a custom “Monster Madness” Intro I’m making so this will be interesting.

• Ultra Magnus

August 9, 2010 at 10:32 pm

Can’t wait for this October’s Monster Madness

• August 9, 2010 at 11:19 pm

This is gonna be great, but are you ever gonna do anymore Marathons? Like Godzilla-thon, or Bat-a-thon? Those were awesome. Either way, Cinemassacre is great, i check the site everyday. Best of luck

• veyn

August 10, 2010 at 4:34 am

Man, I can’t wait to watch a new video every single day. This is gonna be great

• August 10, 2010 at 2:32 pm

Submited a Freddy Krueger version. “waaahahahaha”

• dog2547

August 10, 2010 at 3:54 pm

cool

• Snafu

August 10, 2010 at 6:43 pm

Would a Steven Hawking voice count?

• tezzle

August 10, 2010 at 6:52 pm

I went for a bad Peter Lorre impression…so it probably sounds more like Ren from Ren & Stimpy.

• Doctor Cheesius

August 11, 2010 at 1:51 am

Man, I recorded ten that I thought didn’t suck, all different styles. Then I re-read the posting – ONLY ONE TAKE? HOW CAN I PICK? Now I’m down to two to decide between, my two favorites, which do I send? GAH. So difficult. Ah well. I’ll submit the first one I did.

• August 11, 2010 at 3:24 am

You’ll definitely get a file from me.
    Beneath the AVGN series the Monster Madness vids were always my favorites. Every september I was happy like a kid on christmas morning. You movie reviews are the best!

It would be the awesomest thing that ever happened to me (yet) when my soundfile would be used in one of your vids. πŸ˜€

Greetings from Germany!

• Peteroski

August 11, 2010 at 8:25 am

I’m definitely going to audition! Hope my dutch voice makes it extra spooky.

• tygerfox

August 11, 2010 at 11:18 am

Mr. James,
    I see in you and Mike something Hollywood is missing. A heart for the movie. You dont put politics into your work and for that i can only say thank you. I can see you making those Syfy channel movies that are the good ones. But i cant see you making big screen stuff just yet. There is no place for people with talent there. Now if you made shit ass monkey puke type movies then by all means you would be a huge money maker. But sadly, your good at making movies. And none of them are in 3-d. there is nothing there to make it painful for the viewer hurt both in the soul for the movie or in the body with the nose cutting glasses that make you drunk without the fun of drinking. But honestly keep it up. You guys ROCK!! Loved dragon in my dream.

• A_ninja

August 12, 2010 at 6:31 am

James you should do all the freddy/jason/Leatherface stuff specificly

• DemonicGleam

August 12, 2010 at 7:27 am

Won’t be submitting one, but gotta say I like the idea – fun way to get the fans involved.
    Also, can’t wait for the videos, I love your Monster Madness stuff!
    Cheers xx

• August 12, 2010 at 5:12 pm

icant sumbmit one but cool man and avgn mm is best

• August 12, 2010 at 6:18 pm

I’m now wishing I either had thicker walls or quieter neighborhood kids. They have ruined every attempt at a take of saying Cinemassacre’s Monster Madness so far for the past few days. So far there isn’t even a clean half take to splice together. Any chance you could do a video showing some tips for sound proofing or cleaning out extraneous noises like from kids screaming outside my closed windows?

• Faroutdude

August 12, 2010 at 7:38 pm

Dude you should review the 1988 movie monkey shines!! it would be a god one. btw the password system to log in to cinemassacreare ridiculous,you should have it where u can make your own password instead of passwords they give you like fd564#$rxzsr!! haha just a suggestion!

• Born of Tungsten

August 13, 2010 at 1:22 am

Personally, I can’t friggin’ wait for Monster Madness. That line is stuck in my head nigh all year long and I really don’t care to hear some other jackass say it, lol. I hope you choose someone who did it complete, total, utter, undeniable justice. Your the shit, James.

• Gcube524

August 13, 2010 at 10:44 am

wish i could make a recording but my voice always comes out high pitched so oh well i hope other people can give u better voices and i hope that along with the general horror films u might consider including a Gamera review this year along with some other monsters, anyway can’t wait for Monster Madness! Keep up the Good Work James!

• August 13, 2010 at 12:07 pm

High pitched can work. Think of the voices given to allot of spirits in older B movies. After Tungsten’s comment I’m almost worried what I finally got a clean take of and just sent in isn’t high enough quality for some fans. It almost makes me worried that if I do win I might get laughed at for doing something odd. But hey the submissions close the day before my birthday and I would have been trying to do the same thing I sent in anyway no matter how many takes I try. I’m just glad the neighborhood kids finally gave it a rest today. Only 485 takes to get the one I sent in.

• August 13, 2010 at 1:04 pm

I just went back through the comments. It seems allot of people are ignoring the 1 take. I really hope you won’t pass up a great take because of someone breaking the rules but because of those rules instead of trying to make a Snake Take I ended up posting about this on another forum and am seeing about asking other friends of mine to give the Snake a try. They might not but at least I’m keeping to the 1 take restriction.

• Zeigh

August 14, 2010 at 3:10 pm

Awesome idea.I’ll remind my friends,that its almost october.Too bad my microfone busted.

• Faroutdude

August 15, 2010 at 11:18 pm

so james have u picked all the voices out or do u still need more?

• ru40342

August 17, 2010 at 4:24 am

Nice 2 c monster madness back!!

I got 1 suggestion: instead on focus on all the crap horror movie after 1970’s, i think you should focus more on the universal and hammer horror movie. 7 each plus abbott and castello equal 15. 2 days per movie would be nice.

I think you don’t do enough justice for all those great movies when only discuss 3-4 minutes on each of them such as Dracula and my favorite, the Mummy.

• IcyNoodles

August 18, 2010 at 11:12 am

Tried a Mr Popo voice. hope the audio file works, as i made it on Mac software

• IcyNoodles

August 18, 2010 at 11:15 am

http://www.bfi.org.uk/saveafilm.html this should interest you, the British Film Institute has found 9 of Alfred Hitchcock’s silent films of the 20’s and 30’s and are attempting to restore them, check it out

• August 21, 2010 at 7:39 pm

I recorded it in Japanese. It reminds me of the announcers of the old Godzilla films. I hope he likes it. :3

• Alucard746

August 24, 2010 at 5:32 pm

Although not necessarily a Monster movie I would love to see your take on Jacob’s Ladder(1990)you probably already know about it but if not I definitely recommend it(and also watch the deleted scenes!!!Theirs a lot of key moments in the deleted scenes that they cut out for some odd reason.At least see the deleted scene with the antidote and the 3rd deleted scene(spoilers so yeah I won’t go into detail but I LOVE that film πŸ˜› watch it every Halloween.

• August 25, 2010 at 9:32 pm

I’d love to see some crazy Australian horror movies, like Razorback or The Howling III: The Marsupials. Bother over the top classics. Can’t wait for Monster Madness. Probably my favorite thing on the site.

• August 27, 2010 at 10:00 pm

I’d love to see High Tension, or Haute Tension in some places. Gore-filled greatness. I want to submit my voice, but I don’t know if I can get it in on time. I’ll get it in as quick as I can.

• slagmire

August 29, 2010 at 2:05 pm

I think I have to go ahead and make a recording myself… the only problem is whether it’d be overdone.

Thanks for doing these again this year – they’ve all been very enjoyable, James πŸ™‚

• Klayton Metal

August 29, 2010 at 9:09 pm

Man, I would really, really like to see a review from some of the Hellraiser films. I know you’ve probably already started doing reviews by now but I’d really like to see some reviews of those movies because everyone says that Pinhead is like one of the best horror icons up there with Michael Myers, Jason, Freddy and Leatherface but ive only seen the first film and the third. And believe it or not I actually like Hell on Earth more than Hellraiser one. so if its possible id like to see some reviews on those just to check em out. theres a lot of buzz with the new remake and new sequel being produced without Doug Bradley so I’d just like to hear your thoughts

• amh9388

August 29, 2010 at 10:16 pm

Hmm, I hope mine wasn’t too quiet for ya James/Mike/whoevers in charge. and it definately was a demonic voice as that was what I was going for (supernatural things creep me out). Hmm! Oh Well, I’ll love the videos in it this year whether you use my intro or not. READY FOR CINEMASSACRE’S MONSTER MADNESS ’10!!!!!!

• AARST

September 1, 2010 at 5:11 pm

Awwwww crap. I didn’t think of doing this until after my headset microphone broke and would you look at the date. My timing is TERRIBLE.

• September 1, 2010 at 9:27 pm

AARST this late I guess its best to just hope this is done again for a future Monster Madness. I’m wondering what the final count of entries was. And maybe even how many people didn’t follow the 1 take suggestion.

• zeromager

September 3, 2010 at 1:22 am

damn. too late for that one. i hope we get to see you review that pile of shit Brainscan this year.

• October 5, 2010 at 6:54 pm