E3 2010 Recap

James / June 18th, 2010

Here’s all the E3 videos compiled onto one page. There will probably be more from ScrewAttack later, so check in on this page right here.

Videos produced by GameTrailers, in character as the “Nerd.”

E3 DAY 1 -Zelda: Skyward Sword, Donkey Kong Country Returns

E3 DAY 2 – Mortal Kombat, Sonic 4, Contra (Hard Corps Uprising), Castlevania, Batman, Epic Mickey

E3 DAY 3 – Nintendo 3DS, and other stuff.

Videos produced by ScrewAttack as myself, honest and straight-forward.

Zelda: Skyward Sword

Donkey Kong Country Returns

Batman: The Brave and the Bold

Epic Mickey

Castlevania Harmony of Despair.

3DS

Resident Evil 5

BACK TO THE FUTURE

In response to the many emails I’ve received about the new Back to the Future game, they wouldn’t give us any information. It’s super top secret, yet it’s supposedly coming out this winter. My prediction is that it will go very far into the past and very far into the future with epic consequences. Also, I got a feeling that maybe some of the original actors will return to do voices! Maybe.

INTERVIEW WITH TELLTALE

One more thing:

You wanted this. You got it.

Comments

• kasper798

June 18, 2010 at 9:03 pm

Wow. James Rolfe, Angry Joe and Spoony. What more could you ask for…
    Thanks James for the insight into E3 expo 2010. It looked like a lot of fun.

• June 18, 2010 at 9:07 pm

Epic!

Thanks for the reports. E3 looks so fun…

• spearhead360

June 18, 2010 at 9:09 pm

Only a picture, come on make a video with the two,
    that’ll be epic

• zakizdaman

June 18, 2010 at 9:21 pm

It looked pretty cool, although all of the nintendo games are rehashes and sequels to older games hahahaha

• NothingShocking

June 18, 2010 at 10:15 pm

@zakizdaman Have you looked at the video game industry lately? 99% of everything coming out is a sequel to an existing franchise… Nintendo may be as guilty as everyone else, but at least their games aren’t all “Another First Person Shooter 3 – Shoot More Stuff”

• June 18, 2010 at 10:16 pm

Did they just give you that hoverboard for free for you to take home with you, or just showed it off for the fans? I guess there’s nothing else on Jurassic Park either!

BTW, WOW THAT SECOND PICTURE LOOKS AS EPIC AS EVER!!!

• Cory Power

June 18, 2010 at 10:23 pm

Spoony looks really haggard in that picture.

• piratinflas

June 18, 2010 at 10:34 pm

Hey is incredible that so many new games look the good old classic style.
    That’s what I was waiting for. Very very cool return to 2D style.
    Those were the days….

• June 18, 2010 at 10:41 pm

Awesome. Spoony also has some videos coming out. The E3 fun just never stops.

• Butch Bitch

June 18, 2010 at 10:45 pm

Awesome photos, James! Thanks for letting us in on Back To The Future, though it wasn’t much, but I still appreciated it :) .

James + Angry Joe + Spoony = Awesome Epicness!

• IDaCashman

June 18, 2010 at 10:46 pm

I love E3. There are so many new games to be seen and played, and so many people YELLING IN YOUR @#$%ING EAR!!!!!! All in all, g’day James.

• A_ninja

June 18, 2010 at 11:14 pm

Lols at the triple pic

No MGS coverage?=(

• bigtrav01

June 18, 2010 at 11:43 pm

@zakizdaman
    No cause Sony or Microsoft didn’t make a shit load of sequels and nothing else… or excuse me, the Kinect was announced which most defiantly is not a way to cash in on the motion sensing crazed caused by Nintendo. Only stupider than Nintendo’s idea because Microsoft forgot something very important to gaming… THE FUCKING CONTROLLER!!!! At least Sony’s rip off makes sense. Then again, maybe it is just the retro gamer in me loving to see these new installments to some of my favorite franchises (NEW KID ICARUS YES!!!!) Or maybe you are one of those people that say you like video games but you only like Halo, Modern Warfare, and Madden. Not really much of a gamer then are you?

• Sunblaze

June 18, 2010 at 11:59 pm

Hey James! It was cool to hear your thoughts on all this awesome stuff. I’m kinda new here, so I don’t really know what that last picture is about haha

What would you rank as your top 5 favorite games from E3 that you played? You might not have time to answer that, but I was pretty interested in how you would rank them. Either way, I appreciate all the coverage. Hope you had fun.

• VideoGameDork

June 19, 2010 at 1:17 am

that is awesome. I can’t wait to go there myself to nerd superbowl. Thank for the videos at E3, James.

• Cory Power

June 19, 2010 at 2:18 am

Spoony has a 20 minute video up now dedicated just to Day 1. He isn’t afraid to talk about not liking a game at E3 like most people and news outlets are.

• Srceodizno

June 19, 2010 at 6:05 am

Wow I would have guessed that they would be there but I wouldn’t have guessed that you’ld bump into them. That’s cool. James has the coolest life. I still can’t get over that bit when he turns and screams Shut The Fuck Up! That was hilarious.

• Karate Kid Icarus

June 19, 2010 at 6:12 am

Hmmm, new Karate Kid Movie and new Kid Icarus game.

Maybe I should change my name to “Help me pay my Bills and my Masters education for the fall”.

• Bimmy

June 19, 2010 at 6:51 am

James and Noah can be hilarious. I’ve never laughed once at Angry Joe, though. He’s simply not funny.

• guilhugas

June 19, 2010 at 7:16 am

@NothingShocking
    That’s not the only point. Nintendo’s “reashes” (as that other dude put it) had been expected for years! It was so fucking awesome to see Kid Icarus and Golden Sun make a return! Games that many grew up with.
    As for Microsoft: gears of war 3000, call of duty – war on and Wii rip off extravaganza. Sony? same… So, i forgive Nintendo for having forgotten about me and you two years ago, because this year, they were kings again.

-a gamer with a heart

• AtomicOrangutan

June 19, 2010 at 7:43 am

I’m psyched for the JP and Back to the Future game. If they make the JP game similar to the arcade style shooters or like the Operation Genesis games I’m buyin

• schostar

June 19, 2010 at 8:39 am

Did you stay at the same shitty hotel as Noah and Joe, did?

• Johnnymoniz

June 19, 2010 at 10:37 am

I was just in LA last weekend. I was surprised by all the video game publicity (particularly a ton of Red Dead Redemption Bill boards throughout Hollywood) but then remembered that E3 was happening. I drove by the downtown convention center and saw everything setup, but my plane back to Florida left monday night so i missed out on the fun.

• June 19, 2010 at 10:57 am

everything sucks. Portal 2 is the only ray of hope

• L1nk1

June 19, 2010 at 12:15 pm

Sweet dude lol :D

• June 19, 2010 at 12:59 pm

Nintendo owned you :P

• simby23

June 19, 2010 at 5:28 pm

kool you got to see angry joe and spoony there

• June 19, 2010 at 6:06 pm

You made E3 even better James! Thanks for great reviews!

• crimmas

June 19, 2010 at 8:47 pm

GG Allin Rockband made me happy.

• Gomu69

June 20, 2010 at 12:45 am

I know it wasn’t shown at e3 sort of how back to the future was a mystery,but there’s this 3ds game in the making. That’s right, the rumored Legend of Zelda:Ocarina of Time remake for 3ds has been confirmed. Right here –> http://ds.ign.com/articles/109/1098192p1.html . Other than screenshots of the game for 3ds, there isn’t much known except that its pretty going to happen. I never played the original game myself, so I can’t say much about one of the highest rated games of all time. All I can say is its a big job for an outstanding legend of gaming that is Nintendo.

• medley

June 20, 2010 at 5:33 am

Ah, its nice to see you in HD. Will we be seeing you in that a higher resolution anytime soon?

• Senna4ever

June 20, 2010 at 6:35 am

Just for the record.
    The BttF game has pretty much nothing to do with the movies at all.
    It’s an all new set of characters. The game’s present time is set now and the main character goes back to 1970 for the first adventure.
    It’ll be a point n’ click adventre released in 6 “epsiodes”. Each episode being a different time.

Good coverage James…but a little bit Nintendo biased no?

• Melltron

June 20, 2010 at 3:34 pm

I saw that you were excited by “Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II” and I wondered, have you not played Force Unleashed or was it that you were in character? That game is awsome and the best game for the 360 according to me. If you haven’t tried it then please do… It’s for youre own good
    //E

• dspari1

June 21, 2010 at 2:29 am

I think it was interesting to see James as himself doing these review. I hope that we get to see a Castlevania: Lords of Shadow review. I saw the Gametrailers gameplay video, and it exceeded my expectations.

• nammm3

June 21, 2010 at 3:30 am

GO JAMES!! You did a great job man:-D Lol!

• Jerichoholic_Paul

June 21, 2010 at 6:25 am

Great Job James, I hope you saw Heroes on the move on Playstation 3.

• Dsparil

June 21, 2010 at 8:15 am

I don’t like the idea of the multiplayer castlevania… I do like alucard has mad another appearance though.

• WatchmenFTW

June 21, 2010 at 1:56 pm

AVGN, Spoony and Angry Joe…AWESOME!!!!
    I also can’t believe you held the hoverboard…no matter, I’ve been inside the DeLorean and seen the Time Travelling Train.

• marclawson

June 21, 2010 at 6:41 pm

“Busy Scissors” is a reference to Hairdresser on Fire by Morrissey.

• Abraxen

June 22, 2010 at 11:17 pm

Why does James get to go to E3? I’m willing to bet it’s all the other crap he posts, and NOT Angry Video Game Nerd. As James takes advantage of his fame, let’s be happy with the crap movies he made when he was 10.

• June 24, 2010 at 8:51 am

For some reason, and I can’t say why, I’m quite looking forward to the new Mortal Kombat
    I was never a fan of it but since Tekken became an all out combo-basher I’d like to have a “dumb” beat em up like MK.

Besides, as a kid I was never able to perform Fatalitys, it’s not like I had Internet… I didn’t even have the game but was always watching the “Pros” in the video halls performing them :)

I also liked the short MK Rebirth movie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hy2CGY4c55k
    Recently wanted to watch one of the old MK movies but holy shit are they bad ^^

• z

June 29, 2010 at 6:51 pm

I don’t think Michel J Fox will be doing any voice acting for the VG since his parkinson’s is really bad and Christopher Lloyd is like 73 now. I will be trying and or buying it when it comes out hopefully its not a flop.

I really want to try that DS3d to see how it works. Sounds awesome..

• June 30, 2010 at 6:13 am

Heh heh, glad to see you mostly stuck with the grand masters of gaming.

I was surprised that you were disappointed at Donkey Kong Country Returns and the 3DS. I think you need a little more experience with those.

Hey, ‘Senna4Ever”. Nintendo biased? Everyone who has a passion for gaming that goes deeper than violence and sex loves Nintendo.

• angryrabbit

June 30, 2010 at 3:16 pm

every now and then, James, you give me another reason to believe you are god…

you reffed GG Allen.

that is obscure and just totally awesome.

thanks, you guys brighten my day every time!

–rabbit

• CharlieBrownGhostAss

July 1, 2010 at 7:19 am

I wish I could play GG Allin on RockBand too.

• ScarecrowFTW

July 1, 2010 at 8:35 pm

Too bad there wasn’t anything on the new Arkham Asylum. Speaking of wich, i’m very very curious to hear your thoughts on the first Batman Arkham Asylum. I especially would like to hear your opinion on our common favourite batman villain.

• avgnfan96

July 2, 2010 at 11:02 pm

ps3! FTW

• El_Ray

July 3, 2010 at 3:43 am

Dude!!!! You have the best job in the world!!!

• honkytonk

July 7, 2010 at 11:53 am

I’m really surprised that you didn’t even mention the RetronN3:

Who if not the AVGN should be in to stuff like this? You’re always complaining about the space the consoles waste ; )

• Andromeda_No_Shun

July 8, 2010 at 3:17 am

Hey James, TellTale Games just put up a survey on what people expect from a Back to the Future game.

It also answers many of the interview questions.

• Dr.That1guy

July 9, 2010 at 3:21 am

AVGN, Spoony, and Angry Joe. What a sight

• MogwaisRevenge

July 10, 2010 at 11:34 pm

one day i shall attend E3 and comiccon hopfully haha

• July 13, 2010 at 1:07 pm

ok about that interview, why the fuck would that guy say “oh yeah come interview me” if he wasn’t gonna answer any of the basic fuckin questions! none of those questions were beyond standard, so if he knew his answer was just gonna be “no comment” to all the basic shit why show up at all and take up booth space at this already obscenely busy crowded convention.

annoying as fuck!

• Night_Hawk

July 14, 2010 at 4:43 pm

Damn, I wish he cared more for the earlier resident evil games, I love them. 4 and 5 suck, however.

• SaveGame

September 1, 2010 at 5:28 pm

LOL, I think everyone knows about the new back to the future stuff. Nickelodeon’s been playing the whole trilogy. IT WAS EPIC!

• re_d

September 29, 2010 at 10:18 am

Cool new games, i thought the Ps3 and the not seen xbox style of the wii is funny to see, with all the motion wands and what not.

I played RE5 the other day on my PC I liked the way it went back to the roots in a way with the ammo being more difficult to get, the problem i found with the game however was the fact you need to play with an NPC, obviously intended to have been played 2 players, also its not as dark for a horror series.

3DS i might have to buy one, that games you reviewed tho i don’t seem to be interested in except star fox! :)

Both Castlevanias seen look pritty cool the graphics are nice to look at and the controls seem appropriate.

Batman i didn’t really see to much of so i guess to rely on what u reviewed i would respond that it seems i could play it with a couple friends or something. Looks like the graphics were decent and the controls as well.

Donkey Kong seems ok, looks very much like the snes version to me with the barrels and the bananas with the 2d aspect, i would agree with you on the problem with the need to use the wii remote as a pointer instead of a controller but i suppose i could get used to it.

And for the zelda game, holy shit wtf, that is some color stream hey? did they turn the contrast on the tv all the way up or what? some things look ok but it wasn’t a very clear review more of a hint to what weapons and items there would be. not much else to say from me on that one.

Anyways i like the vids, i wish the “Videos produced by ScrewAttack as myself, honest and straight-forward.” were compiled or would have a next button but w/e just have to push back every minute ;) Also im glad to watch you at E3 rather then some of the nerds their that seem to have a bias opinion to video games like someone is watching over their shoulders. again thx AVGN.

• dog2547

October 3, 2010 at 6:07 pm

lol the pics on this page is funny

• Dunker86

December 29, 2011 at 3:58 pm

I thought i was going to die when he said they should have made a GG Allin rockband..ha ha ha… It would be awesome if they made it..I still wonder.. does james rolfe listen to “artists” like GG Allin?? (many cool nerds in Sweden do)I like to think that he does =)

• supermark64

July 12, 2012 at 8:58 am

There’s various broken links.

• hink1124