Stuff

James / May 25th, 2010

NEVER SLEEP AGAIN DVD

I have yet to see the Nightmare on Elm Street remake. I’ve just been too busy to go to the movies much lately. (I’ve seen Iron Man 2 though, and it was pretty good aside from an anticlimactic ending.) Anyway, there is a DVD documentary about Freddy Krueger called “Never Sleep Again.” It runs 4 hours long! Not counting the 2nd disc which is bonus features. I have a segment on there where I’m talking about my AVGN Nightmare on Elm Street NES review. The documentary itself is great! It discusses all the films one after another, plus the TV series, and is the most informative documentary I’ve ever seen on Nightmare on Elm Street. Check it out.

SUPPORT THE GULF

My friend Matthew Von Manahan, who helped with some of the AVGN videos, has shot a satirical video to raise awareness about the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico. Check it out here.

NEW YORK PUBLIC LIBRARY GHOSTBUSTERS RE-ENACTMENT

I’m getting a ton of emails about this, so I assume most everyone knows about it. Might as well spread it some more. Check it out. Apparently, the library is having a major budget cut, so here’s a site to help save this Ghostbusters location.

LOOKING FOR MUSIC AGAIN

I’ve been working on this Cinemassacre 300 project and am looking for some dramatic music. Right now, Hans Zimmer is working perfectly, but it would be better to get something original. Sorry I can’t be too specific, but as always you can email me samples of your work. ([email protected]). Naturally I’m going to get swamped, so I won’t be able to respond to everybody, but I’ll let you know if something clicks.

BOARD JAMES CAMEO

And last but not least, Board James has made a short surprise cameo on Part 5 of the epic 6-part Kickassia special on ThatGuyWithTheGlasses.com.

Comments

• Saib

May 25, 2010 at 1:18 pm

Wow, I´m first !!!

I sent you an E-mail with my own music.
    I hope you´ll take it 😉

• May 25, 2010 at 1:19 pm

I saw your “obligatory cameo” on Kickassia part 5 a while back and it was pretty awesome considering that you were in the Brawl last year and you were gonna make another cameo. Great job with Risk and congratulations again on having your Nightmare on Elm Street part of the Never Sleep Again documentary.

• May 25, 2010 at 1:27 pm

Hell, I’m just happy you’re on IMDB, now send in a profile picture and you’ll be right up there with Brad Pitt.

• rosskow

May 25, 2010 at 2:28 pm

waited 13 minutes for the cameo, and i have no idea how you play that board game, i believe my girlfriend has it actually, i dont think i’ll be moaning to play it sometime soon

• MegatronPrime

May 25, 2010 at 2:42 pm

kickassia was awesome. you made a great cameo.

• May 25, 2010 at 2:43 pm

I actually prefer Star Wars Risk with the “Order 86” command.

• May 25, 2010 at 2:45 pm

I would love to see Board James play Arkham Horror (one off the few single player board games), or Descent.

• trentnirvanafan01

May 25, 2010 at 2:58 pm

I have seen the new freddy. dont waste your time watching this piece of shit. freddy looked like crap. he didnt kill children, he only molested them. he was so short, you probably could have steped on him. they screwed up the characters. please, im warning you never to waste 94 minutes of your life. please!

• May 25, 2010 at 3:57 pm

I’m gonna give both the remake and the documentary a rental just like last year’s Friday the 13th. Sorry if Iron Man 2 lacked as much AC/DC as anybody hoped but yeah the movie is still good. Not as great as the previous film, but it’s still pretty good.

Also, Kickassia was a fun experience to watch. It’s like they finally achieved Hollywood status more than any other comedy website by making an actual 92-minute motion picture. I wonder if any fan of the site might consider writing for Doug and others a script of their own full of comedy and drama. I might, but I might need a bigger thinking cap!

• May 25, 2010 at 5:04 pm

Kickassia was good, but I think Spoony stole the show. THere is just something about that guy that gives him a certain je ne sais quoi, I don’t know, it’s hard to explain.

• May 25, 2010 at 5:24 pm

You’re better off not seeing the Nightmare On Elm St. remake. It’s horribly predictable and the acting in it is eh. I will check out your work you’ve done though.

• Cory Power

May 25, 2010 at 7:08 pm

Is it true you’ll be teaming up with Spoony and Linkara on a Mecha-Godzilla vs. Megazord video? That’ll be awesome.

• wontonzilla

May 25, 2010 at 7:10 pm

ummmm were you in character for the elm street interview because you were reading a script right .
    it was pretty bad but your on the DVD and I’m not so there.

• May 25, 2010 at 7:30 pm

The Board James cameo was great! The whole video was hilarious. The Ghostbusters video was hilarious too. When the ghosts came running out I immediately thought, “KKK? That’s not good. lol!” Thanks for sharing James. Wish you could post the Nightmare On Elm St. special here.

• Butch Bitch

May 25, 2010 at 8:08 pm

Haha,I love both Funny or Die and Improv Everywhere.Recently,they launched the new Funny or Die show on HBO,it’s really good,I especially like the Carpet Brothers sketch.

Improv Everywhere did another thing once where they got a bunch of men take their shirts off and walk around Abecrombie and Fitch.They were kicked out because they weren’t models XD

I would love to check out the Nightmare on Elm Street documentary but probably won’t get around to it at the present moment because I have been busy a lot as well.

Saw your Board James cameo on Kickassia-the whole thing was hilarious.Haven’t gotten around to watching the other episodes yet.

• May 25, 2010 at 9:47 pm

I have a the new Elm Street documentary and it’s a must own for a fan of the franchise. I saw the new remake and it didn’t do much for me. There is no build up as Freddy appears right away and starts killing. It’s not worth 10 bucks at the theater. I’m sick of all these remakes, and that will be the last one I pay to see in the theater. Enough is enough.

• jeffreyrolek

May 25, 2010 at 11:21 pm

believe me, the new “elm street” film SUCKED!!!!!

• May 25, 2010 at 11:28 pm

Well you’ve been up a lot I see. Also, I’m happy someone finally enjoyed Iron Man 2 like I did, all my friends expected the best movie ever and were disappointed, unlike me. I thought it would be a fun day, and yup, it was. All that mattered tome.

• jeffreyrolek

May 25, 2010 at 11:36 pm

Last year, i went to the “Fangoria Weekend of Horrors” horror movie conventiion in NYC. I was at at Q&A with Doug Bradley (a.k.a. Pinhead). When someone asked him asked him if he’ll be in a “Hellraiser” remake some day, his answer was that all the classic horror movies SHOULDN’T be remade or reinvented in any way. I totally agree with him. Remakes are living proof that Hollywood has absolutley no imagination whatsoever. After seeing the new “Nightmare” remake, I’ll start saving more money by waiting for the horror remakes to be shown on Cable TV. Thanx for your time and keep up the good work James.

• May 26, 2010 at 12:00 am

I sent you music from my band James. We’re called Dead Bang Go and I am the drummer. You can find us at http://www.myspace.com/deadbanggo

• May 26, 2010 at 4:24 am

I also have yet to see the Elm Street remake, but according to what I’ve heard from people seeing it it’s as hard for the audience in the theatre to stay awake as for the kid in the movie.

• maggosh

May 26, 2010 at 8:46 am

To be honest, the cameo wasn’t much of a surprise to me. I was expecting you to pop up somewhere, and when people are stumped about a board game, that’s when you call Board James.

• Malicious_Hero

May 26, 2010 at 10:21 am

With people doing stuff like this for ghostbusters, (college humor did one too, they even had bill murrays dance/walk by the fountain), I really hope they see that the fans would love to see a 3rd movie.

• Frenchterror

May 26, 2010 at 11:52 am

I went to see Nightmare on Elm Street last week and, believe, that’s really a piece of shit.
    There’s no suprise at any moment. Everything is predictable and full of clichés… Some moments of the movie are really dumb (just remember your video James and the passage where you have to choose between the main door and the closet. I can assure you that you’ll laugh!)
    For the story they made a mix with the first and another sequel (I don’t remember which one it is) where the story of Freddy Krueger is explained. The difference is that in the remake, they changed it and decided to make him a pedophile…
    Well, I hadn’t been scared at any moment in the movie… I wanted to sleep… Whatever, I would like to hear your opinion.

• May 26, 2010 at 12:31 pm

Your Board James cameo reminds me of an episode the animated show Undergrads. Ever seen it? They have a very similar description of how to play Risk:

• the fan

May 26, 2010 at 1:13 pm

when you say “surprise” you do not kid around… that cameo just came out of the blew… having said that, i am kinda disappointed, that that guy did not give you a longer screen time… 🙁 but i am sure you were busy, so you could not accept a bigger part :/

• IDaCashman

May 26, 2010 at 7:16 pm

If I can get my hands on the dirty ****ing B@$tards that are BP, I will chop of their **** shove it up their @$$ shove their head down a dirty crapper and chop off their feet!!!!!!

Haven’t seen the NOES (Noes? Noes? Nightmare on Elm Street! Noes!!!) Documentary.

• murphy2112

May 27, 2010 at 1:47 am

I just watched Never Sleep Again and I didn’t see you, James. I saw Jason Mewes, but I didn’t see you.

• May 27, 2010 at 1:28 pm

It’s on the bonus features disk.

• mastamuzz

May 28, 2010 at 6:04 pm

It’s stupid and they even charge for that? I have no words to describe how miserable I feel for wasting 10 minutes of my life watching that video just cause I wanted to see James’s cameo!
    really is that your rival? gee you need a real rival that is a joke!

• theadamstarr

May 30, 2010 at 12:21 am

DON’T SEE THE NEW NIGHTMARE MOVIE! I unfortunately did. I wasn’t even expecting anything spectacular. I literally went into the thing expecting horse shit at best. What I left with was basically a cesspool bath followed by a slip and slide through vomit. I am hoping you can appreciate the aforementioned analogy enough to realize that the new Nightmare was THAT bad. I gave up from the second I saw the lines “Based on the creations of Wes Craven” (that’s right, no original cast OR director) but the movie made Halloween H2O look like The Godfather.

• RoDriGoD

June 1, 2010 at 4:38 am

Board James cameo was the best part of that video. Everything else was pretty lame, the humor was so childlike that bored me to death until board James came to scene.

Their scripts need more work, lots more.

• DenHond

June 1, 2010 at 6:11 am

I’ve seen the nightmare on Elm Street movie: IT SUCKS!

• Laughs

June 4, 2010 at 12:35 pm

I saw the Nightmare on Elm Street remake, and thought it was complete garbage. Save your money and skip this piece of steaming dog shit. I understand they were trying to introduce a new generation to this horror legend, but they failed. The movie was honestly boring. I was nodding off at the theater. Terrible pacing… ZzZZzZzZzzZZzZZZZZzzzz

• June 7, 2010 at 4:12 am

I was really excited to see that you were on the Never Sleep Again DVD. I just wish they would have played the whole unedited version of the Nightmare on Elm Street AVGN Episode. Its such a great episode.

• Holycrap

June 9, 2010 at 1:29 pm

@ RoDriGoD & mastamuzz
    For fuck’s sake, you guys know the meaning of “cameo” right? The Nerd was the main character in the previous TGWTG Team Brawl, of course he got tons of screen time and lines. Board James however, is just a character who does not even has connection with the story of KICKASSIA. it’s a CAMEO.
    Speak of that “rival” shit, you guys DO realize that KICKASSIA has NOTHING to do with the everlasting battle between Critic and Nerd right? Holy fucking shit, did you see the character “AVGN” appear in the fucking show?

• Undertaker

June 9, 2010 at 7:14 pm

i just watched that nostalgia critic thing myself and i have to agree that it sucked donkey dick. The James cameo was the only good part about it. I wish i could go back in time and stop myself from wasting 17 minutes of my life watching that piece of shit!

• Lotus

June 10, 2010 at 8:50 pm

you shouldnt watch that remake.. its an insult to the entire series!
    just saying ..

• xiaodown

June 14, 2010 at 9:10 pm

There’s always the band “the advantage”.