Beating Ninja Gaiden 2

Mike Matei / February 16th, 2010

I could not beat the first Ninja Gaiden for the love of God, but the second one, Mike Matei and I defeated! We spent several hours passing the controller back and forth. Many shouts and curses! The last level in particular kicked are asses for a long time! But we did it!

NGjamesNGmikeNGtv

Comments

• April 9, 2010 at 8:51 pm

nice work! i can’t beat the first one either, as a matter of fact i have only beat the 2nd ninja gaiden (i have only played the NES ones). i have a hard time playing this game with friends because it’s just too difficult for them. which seems to be the case with a lot of my favorite NES games… and it’s just not as fun to play by yourself, you need to pass the controller and take that mental break when you die. :P

• cheater4

November 17, 2010 at 2:35 am

Nice work…..im trying to beat ninja gaiden 1 on the NES, but i will beat it no matter what. keep up the good work….oh and the review for ninja gaiden it was funny…….im planning to beat the trilogy and to record all of them :)

• RETRONINJA

August 22, 2011 at 8:07 pm

i think thats the first NES game that im going to review

• GySgt Templeton

April 10, 2013 at 9:26 pm

I remember spending an entire summer playing NG when I was 14. Beating that bitch was the highlight of the summer. My friend gave me NG2 for my birthday and I beat that on too. I thought NG3 was the easiest of the 3 games.

• Angry Toad

April 17, 2013 at 7:59 pm

Congaras!I had to use Game Geine to beat this piece of turd.

• Trenton Girone

April 25, 2013 at 8:52 pm

Congratulations to you both! I have seen the “Ninja Gaiden” video and from what I have seen found it to be hard. Keep up the good work, James and Mike!

• leonard williams

June 16, 2013 at 5:04 pm

I agree, ninja gaiden was insane in its difficulty. I was obsessed. As a matter of fact, when I finally defeated the last form of Jaquio and beat the game I cried. I also sacrificed the game by freezing it in a bowl of water. When Ninja Gaiden II was released, I thawed the water out and bathed my hands with it to “bless” then, and immediately attacked the new game with excitement while wearing a ninja mask. so, i feel you brother. oh yea feel free to use that in one of your shows haha.

• leonard williams

June 16, 2013 at 5:11 pm

sacrifing defeated games in water and washing hands in the thawed out water to bless them in preperation of playing the sequal is something that my buddy and i have done. you should all try this.

• jm-9

September 14, 2013 at 8:24 pm

I just beat this yesterday, after beating Ninja Gaiden 1 the day before. Overall, this is better, because it doesn’t send you back to 7-1 after losing to the final boss, although the first game has better music. Today I beat the Famicom version of Ninja Gaiden 3, which is far superior to the NES version.

• James

September 24, 2013 at 7:50 am

CONGLATURATION !!!

• Matt Lang

March 10, 2014 at 5:56 pm

I just beat the first one. Assuming you have All of Act 6 down, Jaquio is completely trivial.

There’s a Spin Slash in the bottom-right of the first Map in Act 6-3. You can kill Jaquio instantly if you show up to the encounter with that ability.

The two death jumps from the Nerd video regarding Act 6-2 are not bad if you have a good strat. For the first one, you just ride the hawk like so: http://youtu.be/nHipYccKSfE?t=12m7s

For the second one, I don’t have a video of my strat. I just take it one enemy at a time. Hop the bat until he despawns, hop the running asshole until he goes away. Then make my jump over the first hawk, crouch and wait for him to return and then slash him. Then you inch over to the middle, and let the Ghost despawn. Finally you make your jump, slash at the apex of your jump to kill the second hawk. There will be a second running green asshole waiting for you. You either jump up immediately or run forward to the next lower platform immediately. I used to fear that jump, I one-shot it now.

You can beat #1 man! Dooo eeeeiiiittttttt.