Poltergeist (1982)

Mike Matei / October 21st, 2009

Comments

• April 9, 2010 at 2:12 pm

I recently made a poll on PollPigeon showcasing some of the scariest movie moments, and most people seem to agree on both the Clown Doll and Pennywise from Stephen King’s It! It goes to show that people love to be scared of clowns!

• nightbladehawkeye

April 15, 2010 at 3:55 am

I’ve seen Poltergeist as a Kid and I couldnt sleep the next Days after seeing it. The Scene were the Clown attacks the Boy made me scream, throw a Ball at the TV and then I ran out crying. ^^!

Seeing this nowadays still creeps me.

• Mr_Nabby

April 19, 2010 at 10:50 am

The Poltergeist curse, huh? Not to be disrespectful to the dead, but I would say, that if there was a curse, I would think it came from the bodies of the real skeletons to used because they were to cheep to make fake ones.
    Dead taking revenge on the people that made a movie about the dead taking revenge on a family that lived on a burial ground. That’s ironic.

• Stant666

April 29, 2010 at 10:07 am

@ Nabby – My thoughts exactly.. Even though I don’t really believe in that stuff, that is still what comes to mind first ^^

• Nyleao

June 20, 2010 at 9:04 pm

hands down i loved this movie to death, like who thinks of killer trees and a toy clown that scares the living shitfuck out of you?! oh shitfuck isnt a word? and neither is isnt? oh well

• LairosTall

August 12, 2010 at 7:53 pm

@ Nabby- I agree.
    I remember these movies, can’t watch them with my family anymore.
    Right when my family was starting to get creeped out or even scared, I would start laughing. I think my family, especially my mother, were more scared of that than the movies themselves; not sure why. :)

• GialloHorror

October 4, 2010 at 9:19 am

This one, really, brings back memories man. The year was 1983, and this film was debuting on HBO. My parents had a lot of people over to see it. I was so excited man. I wanted to see this film so bad, but it came on at 8PM which was my bedtime, at the time.

I kept coming out of my room, telling my parents I couldn’t sleep, making up excuse, after excuse, to get myself out in the living room to see this film. LOL!

It was well worth the wait. This film is AWESOME!

That dude picking his face apart, in the bathroom, is the one that sticks out in my mind. That and the tree attacking Robbie

• The_CoolerKing

October 23, 2010 at 7:16 pm

Poltergeist curse? Nonsense. Craig T. Nelson is still alive isn’t he? Granted…his career’s not! (wokka wokka!)

• Lodmot

October 28, 2010 at 8:12 pm

Wow, it’s sad that that little girl died at the age of 12. :(

• nomad175

November 23, 2010 at 6:01 pm

Is it my imagination or does the corpse at the end of the video look like the Creepshow Creep?

• supermark64

January 1, 2011 at 11:37 am

i think they made fun of this on family guy. lol one of the portals was on megs butt

• fcabanski

May 19, 2011 at 7:07 pm

This review kind of implies that O’Rourke died before the sequels were made. But she appeared in all three movies.

• werdman24

July 13, 2011 at 10:20 pm

I ain’t afraid of no curse. Put me in the next Poltergeist movie.

• penpan

August 29, 2011 at 5:59 pm

This movie bothered me as a teenager and still does to this day. It’s too creepy! My mother saw it when I was a baby and it creeped her out too.

• Zombie Goat Fetish

October 16, 2011 at 9:02 pm

“They’re here” amazing movie.

• MichaelGregoryMarkBaska

December 19, 2011 at 9:50 pm

Not only does the skeleton scene actually feature human skeletons, the poor actress didn’t even know that until after the scene was shot

• Jeremy

May 17, 2012 at 2:37 pm

Even more bizarre about the film, there is a poster on the kids bedroom wall for 1988 SUPERBOWL XXII. That is the date Heather O’Rourke was rushed to the hospital and died. The movie was filmed in 81′ and released in 82′. weird. I’d attach a photo of a still frame but I dont think you can do it here.

• caitseith

October 11, 2012 at 5:13 pm

#$%^ That clown just scared the %$^@ out of me! (and I have already seen the movie). And real corpses were cheaper than fake ones!? Wow. That’s dying for appearing in a Spielberg’s movie!

• February 27, 2013 at 5:57 pm

Poltergeist is still one of my favorite horror movies of all time. To me the film is like E.T. meets Raiders of the Lost Ark. Why? Just because the neighborhood and the house that the characters live in just reminds me of the one Elliot and his family lived in E.T. and Raiders of the lost ark because of the ghosts, also because Steven Spielberg directed or had a hand in the production of the films.

• June 30, 2013 at 9:50 am

there kinda is a remake or sequel to this movie called insedious its also about spirits and theres even reerence it 1 time

• Nick Beaman

August 28, 2013 at 8:39 am

I personally find the film to be less scary than I did a tongue-in-cheek, riotous, good time.

• October 20, 2013 at 6:52 pm

I love the one scene in the movie where the dad and his boss are looking over the idyllic neighborhood and then the view switches that they are standing in front of a super dark and gloomy cemetery.