Fly, The (1958)

Mike Matei / October 14th, 2009

Comments

• April 9, 2010 at 1:33 pm

I do prefer the 1986 remake because of how director David Cronenberg does an excellent job not only making the story much more emotionally involved with the audience, but also representing the time in which the movie was made.

Seth Brundle’s transformation into Brundlefly parallels with the AIDS epidemic and how it makes us think about our bodies because of what we do with ourselves which makes it really suspenseful! It’s still a great horror remake that holds up well after about 25 years!

• A.Regular-Person

May 10, 2010 at 5:48 pm

Bug spray

• June 17, 2010 at 2:14 pm

David Cronenberg is actually working on re-remaking it, and i cant wait for it

• Heep

June 24, 2010 at 2:59 pm

Where did you learn how to fly? 😉

• WatchmenFTW

June 30, 2010 at 1:28 pm

I just have one thing to say…the animals I’m scared of most is friggin’ FLIES! They’re okay when they’re far away or small but when their faces are enlarged or close up, they are shit-your-pants frightening.
    I’ve enerv seen teither of the movies but I defiantely don’t wanna see the 1986 version, mainly because of my fear of flies and the fact that things happen in that film like his jaw falls off and his testacles are actually removed at one point.

• mcmikec84

July 30, 2010 at 1:42 pm

i like men now…..thanks, Cinemassacre!!!

• supermark64

January 1, 2011 at 11:02 am

a spoof of this was on one of the simpson’s halloween special.

• penpan

August 29, 2011 at 5:17 pm

I saw the 86 remake with Goldblum and Davis on tv as a kid…it was so gross!

• HorazStCruz

March 21, 2012 at 1:51 am

Shit.
    I remember Jeff Goldblum’s “The Fly” scared me a fucking lot; it was so disgusting, morbid and surreal! I was afraid of the dark for years because of this movie.Prolly i had 6-8 years maybe; how the hell did my parents allow me to watch these films??

Shit!!!

• jacko wacko

July 14, 2012 at 4:28 pm

Who would win in a fight:The Fly vs The Thing

• November 28, 2012 at 4:57 pm

The Fly 2 is a forgetful movie? It doesn’t have a good memory?

• April 27, 2013 at 9:37 am

I love the random asides. “Fucking fly mask. There we go.” 🙂

• October 24, 2013 at 12:00 am

Only ever use them to teleport Wonka bars you fools!

• Jacob Boeve

May 28, 2016 at 11:09 am

I have the telepod boxset, which is a great set for collectors. The remake is fantastic. I remember an episode of Dexter’s Lab where the same thing happened as in the original The Fly. I have to add The Blob as one of the best remakes as well, that movie was awesome.