Freaks (1932)

Mike Matei / October 5th, 2009

Comments

• April 9, 2010 at 12:16 pm

I bet it’s still shocking now than it was in 1932, and that’s saying a lot!

• nightbladehawkeye

April 15, 2010 at 2:35 am

This movie still gets me in a sad mood. A nice piece of Art.

• GialloHorror

October 4, 2010 at 8:56 am

The 1st time I saw this, was few years ago on TCM ( I love that fucking channel) and I have to say, I was blown away by how awesome it was.

Tod Browning was an amazing director!

• October 12, 2010 at 2:37 pm

Considering when I first read about this, I assumed it had been made far later. Lo and behold, 1932! No wonder it was banned everywhere, it’s a sophisticated story that even so-called “modern audiences” would shy away from.

• October 13, 2010 at 5:20 pm

This movie scared me very well

• October 14, 2010 at 3:08 am

I was 10 when I saw this movie, and it disturbed me pretty well….

• WatchmenFTW

November 12, 2010 at 3:29 pm

The wierdest thing about this is that a lot of the “Freaks” in the movie look like normal people who’s face’s are super-imposed on, like the manager with a baby face or the girl with the face of a skinny guy. Kinda creepy when you think about that these are real people.

• Kieran St James

October 7, 2013 at 12:54 am

This was just parodied/payed tribute to in the 3 part of The Simpsons Treehouse of Horror tonight.
    Thanks for introducing me to this James!

• October 8, 2013 at 7:27 pm

ha…when the new simpsons treehouse of horror came out (season 25) i remembered james reviewing this movie!! GOOBA GABBA, GOOBA GABBA!

• October 12, 2013 at 9:21 am

Ah, this actually happens to be the first cinemassacre video I watched in my life, long ago. Back in those days I thought it was hilarious…”she’s just a greedy bitch…”

• Anthony Abozyid

March 25, 2014 at 11:40 am

This movie scared the shit outta me when i was younger (14 15) I mean damn!!! CHICKEN WOMEN FUCK

• March 7, 2015 at 11:57 pm

you know what would be awesome if you reviewed american horror story

• Stephanie Cutrere

October 7, 2015 at 2:48 am

Truly a classic with early shock value. There is a 2007 film called “Freakshow” which is an unofficial remake but it is sickeningly good that it’s supposedly banned in 43 countries according to the box art.