A Tribute to Michael Jackson

Mike Matei / June 26th, 2009

The greatest pop icon of the 80’s will be missed. I’ve always planned on making some kind of video tribute about Michael Jackson before, but now, I think the time is right. When talking about him for more than 2 minutes, it’s impossible not to crack jokes, but I think we should remember him for all the entertainment he’s brought through his music and videos.

Comments

• WiggyWum

April 8, 2010 at 3:31 pm

awesome. . . nice work james . . . .(:

• darth moo 93

April 9, 2010 at 2:17 pm

its not just cos you were young – i was born in 1993 and i think that the 80s were awesome!

• IDaCashman

May 12, 2010 at 6:50 pm

Now that’s Michael Jackson if I ever saw him.

• Cool4id

May 31, 2010 at 6:27 pm

michael was truely amazing i didnt see past his bad reputation until he was dead because i didnt grow up with him but now i just see how amazing he truely was rip

• creecreehoneybee

June 4, 2010 at 4:14 pm

The song and video Michael did about saving the planet made me all teary eyed the first time I saw it, maybe I was just being hormonal? = }

• WatchmenFTW

June 23, 2010 at 2:40 pm

I never really liked Michael Jackson until his death. However, I can’t say I’m a fan, I only really like Thriller, Smooth Criminal, ABC and Black or White. But still, he deserves to be the King of Pop.
    Ironic how he was dating the Princess of Rock (if you think about it because Lisa Marie Presley is Elvis’ daughter).

• Cece-InspiredByJamesRolfe

July 13, 2010 at 2:25 am

James I am a hard core MJ fan and this video just made me laugh and smile. You must be somewhat of a fan to have all this footage and knowledge of his videos. Ether way, this video is still appreciated all the same.

• DMM_poo

September 1, 2010 at 9:34 pm

James is the man. Another great video, dude.

• MadHitz

September 13, 2010 at 10:41 pm

Overall good video. I know that you probably could ‘ve gone on forever about MIchael’s short films over the years, but this makes it short and sweet. Smooth Criminal is still my favorite video of all time (the moonwalker version). It would be great if you did a review on moonwalker, probably one of the strangest career moves he ever made……aside from captain EO

• Guy Incognito

September 17, 2010 at 12:51 pm

@ WatchmenFTW

He didn’t just date Lisa Marie Presley, they were married.

• Sydney94

September 18, 2010 at 10:28 am

My parent own a McDonald’s restaurant in the Netherlands. It is decorated in a Rock & Roll and Pop style and it also has that same big Michael Jackson statue on the parking lot.
    (They bought it on a Sony auction).

• Englandsdreaming

September 23, 2010 at 7:02 pm

i was born 1984,,, 80s were good, well i was really young

• October 3, 2010 at 5:19 pm

• Crucifier

October 6, 2010 at 7:49 am

One of THE best musicians of my time, and growing up with his music is a different story than what people would come to think of him in the late 90’s. He became a running gag and it was terrible, as far as im concerned he will always be the King of pop.

• October 26, 2010 at 4:29 pm

Great work James, this truly was a tribute worthy for the King of Pop.

• Streetfighter King

October 29, 2010 at 5:42 pm

James i can relate to alot of what u say in all ur videos but mj was a big part of my childhood im a little older then u born in 1978 and i had the chance to meet the king of pop back in 1988 wen he visited the uk thats where im from but i neva got to speak to him or get to close either. Love the nes videos but i was more of a sega kid myself but still got all my consoles and games including the nes but nowhere near as big as ur collection but belive sega was bigger in the uk in the late 80s early 90s and i know u wont like hearing that coz i know ur a Nintendo man anyway keep up the good work. Alkan from London England.

• Snafu

November 27, 2010 at 2:07 pm

Thriller is NOT the scariest music video ever made.

Molten Light – Chad Vangaalen on the other hand is ABSOLUTLY TRAUMATIZING!!!!

• crazycash

January 8, 2011 at 7:44 pm

He’s still good, but I prefer Weird Al’s parody’s better

• Aaron

March 15, 2011 at 11:50 pm

I like that people seem to be giving Michael the credit he deserves as an entertainer now instead of just making jokes about him. Regardless of whatever mistakes he made in his personal life, he was a brilliant performer. The full version of the video for Bad is one of my all time favorites, you don’t see many music videos get theatrical like that.

• ben 10 guy

October 24, 2011 at 4:59 pm

wow i was just 4 it was 2005 when i heard about mj when i saw jacksons the american dream i was blown away ever since that effing second i was hooked on to him

R.I.P

1958-2009

• themeshow101

November 21, 2011 at 6:58 pm

wait a minute, you know that there’s a moonwalker movie? can you also do a tribute to pink floyd? they also have a movie in 1982 called Pink Floyd The Wall, when you find that can you review that one too?

• Frank Black Francis

January 11, 2012 at 2:29 am

@themeshow101 The interesting fact about pink floyd is that roger waters kicked michael’s ass in sales when he created dark side of the moon, that totally destroyed thriller, and being a floydian, it fills me with pride, and then came 1991, when an ex-janitor named kurt cobain made nevermind and destroyed AGAIN thriller in sales, jackson being destroyed twice by two men superior to him in my opinion.

• SakkeKorpela

February 13, 2012 at 10:21 am

@Frank Black Francis But then again, Michael Jackson destroyed in anything else, so Kurt and Floyd can have that (and I don’t want to come off as hater, I love Pink Floyd and Nirvana)

• themeshow101

November 21, 2011 at 7:01 pm

wait, you know the moonwalker movie exists? well then can you review that movie later on? and while your at it, can you review Pink Floyd The Wall movie too?

• Plum Sauce

January 6, 2012 at 9:56 pm

I watched his Moonwalker AVGN review after I watched this.

• Senna4ever

May 21, 2012 at 6:18 am

MJ was awesome in the 70’s & 80’s.
    In the 90’s onward he was crap and I don’t mean his personal life, I mean his music. Dangerous was decent, but it was also the start of the end for his music. This was when MJ became a brand and not an artist.

Just like to also point out MJ did not invent the Moonwalk. It was an old dance move done decades before MJ was even born, but it was called the backslide. MJ just renamed it and everyone thinks he came up with it.

MJ was great, but outstayed his welcome.

• thundergod74

August 7, 2012 at 9:30 pm

When he died it seemed like the 80s had finally died. His music and talents will never be forgotten.