Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home (1986)

Mike Matei / May 7th, 2009

Trek Trilogy – Star Trek 4

Comments

• April 10, 2010 at 8:48 pm

I actually thought that both this and First Contact are the best Star Trek movies ever made! I don’t know why, but I guess it has something to do with the theme of time travel which usually works well in the Star Trek universe.

I have not yet seen all the episodes of both the original series and The Next Generation though I heard they’re the better ones of all the different Star Trek shows! However, I did see al the movies (counting the new one), which gets me interested in exploring more of the Star Trek universe, if I can!

• WatchmenFTW

July 3, 2010 at 6:07 pm

I didn’t expect this at all, Star Trek in the 21st Century, I half-expected Capt. Kirk to run into William Shatner or watch a William Shatner film or something.

• venom 51007

August 9, 2010 at 4:36 pm

that comeback that kurk said i am so ashamed the one guy said a curse and then kurk just said Well double dumb*** on u wow that is suckish and why doesn’t spock like italion food he doesn’t even know what it is how can he not like it when he doesn’t even know what craprat it is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• phoenix252005

October 5, 2010 at 11:03 am

He said a log of shit is trying to talk to whales and destroy earth! I never thought of it that way, Fuckin hilarious! lmao

• VerveBirder

January 25, 2011 at 12:48 am

My absolute favorite Star Trek Movie. I remember seeing this in the theater in 87′. Holy crap! What’s Pico from F 0 (SNES) doing in San Francisco at 0:20?! Anyway I always thought it looked like him.

• funnguy055

February 7, 2011 at 6:39 pm

heyy i love star trek and love the original series but im new to new generation and have never seen it can someone give me or recommend the best episodes

• Ironside

May 9, 2011 at 5:19 pm

Hey, funnguy055. The Next Gen episode that made me collect the series (and a BIG fan) was “The Measure of a Man” from season 2. Of course the legendary third season finale “Best of Both Worlds part 1” and it’s closure are considered some of the best episodes ever from any Trek-show. The whole series is full of great stuff and I recommend collecting all seasons.

But hey… Insurrection is worse than Nemesis? Nemesis is good? What the hell… Insurrection is a classic and Nemesis far from satisfying.

• July 8, 2015 at 10:55 pm

It’s called an opinion, after all. Personally, I agree with James Rolfe, Doug Walker, FilmMasterAdam, & OcpCommunications on thinking that Nemesis was at least entertaining and it’s core plot involving nature vs. nurture has merit, whereas Insurrection’s execution of the themes about the pros and cons of technology made the characters look like hypocrites and had no respect for what the series stands for, in addition to finding it dull & boring as hell, among other reasons the latter three brought up in their reviews. To quote Boris from Men in Black 3, “Let’s agree to disagree.”

• August 17, 2011 at 10:28 am

Star Trek V still stands as the absolute worst entry in the entire Trek legacy.

• DonSkiver

November 20, 2011 at 6:50 pm

Star Trek IV is by and far my favorite of the series. I like them all for different reasons, but this one stands out because the majority of the movie takes place not on the ship. Very satisfying movie.

• ZomboCombo

September 30, 2012 at 11:03 am

I thought it was universally agreed that Nemesis was terrible.