Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan (1982)

Mike Matei / April 8th, 2009

Trek Trilogy – Star Trek 2

Comments

• April 10, 2010 at 8:28 pm

After this video, I decided to check out the Space Seed episode before watching The Wrath of Khan again and these two things are like parts of a complete circle in terms of storytelling!

Long Live KHAN!!!

• icehead

May 30, 2010 at 1:31 am

I don’t think it’s that odd that they wouldn’t know one planet exploded. I think you’re underestimating just how big space really is.

• WatchmenFTW

July 3, 2010 at 5:54 pm

Frig! Kirk at the end of the vidoe looked sort of scary-looking.

• BananaJello

July 4, 2010 at 12:14 pm

@Icehead

Without sounding like a complete Trekkie…

The not noticing a planet exploding thing bothered me too. I mean we are talking about a federation that includes hundreds, if not thousands of planets. And unless Kirk never filed a report (which is unlikely), the Federation would have had records that Khan was exiled in the Seti Alpha system, and chances are someone is monitoring it. So someone in the federation would have reported the planet exploding. It was just a typical star trek ploy. Create a paper thin reason to move the plot along, damn the inconsistencies. Other than that, Wrath of Khan is definitely my favorite Star Trek movie out of all of them. I was like 9 or 10 when I saw it in the theater when it came out, and I actually cried when they “killed” Spock, and at least when he died, he didn’t say “it was fun”.

• 85512 Is in Mario 3

July 17, 2010 at 1:59 am

TRIFORCE AT 6:22 look to the right

• gamer025

October 30, 2010 at 10:26 pm

Hey James! Isn’t the sidekick there the same guy from Deathstalker?

• Fraggie

March 1, 2011 at 4:58 pm

Nice intro, made me watch all the three reviews after each other. At least now I’ve some more ground to start watching these movies/series.

• Backtothepast

March 12, 2011 at 11:37 pm

It’s worth noting that the scene at 4:25 that james talks about was done by PIXAR in their early days. If you don’t believe me, watch the doc ” A Pixar story”

• RhyanChapman

February 26, 2012 at 1:31 pm

KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN

• May 28, 2013 at 5:22 pm

Fucking love this movie!

• August 31, 2013 at 12:06 pm

at minutes 4:00 – 4:06 you can see a young Will Ferrell, behind Paul Winfield.