Alien Invaders Part 2

Mike Matei / January 19th, 2009

Alien Invaders Part 2

Comments

• April 10, 2010 at 4:08 pm

I only saw both the 1953 War of the Worlds and the 2005 Spielberg film! Both versions are very good for the decade they represent! I know some people hated the remake, but I think it’s because of Tom Cruise’s behavior promoting it and it ain’t fair. But I didn’t let that get to me when I watched it, so I was able to enjoy it!

Not intetested in both versions of Invaders from Mars because the story doesn’t interest me!

• Shikster

April 28, 2010 at 1:30 pm

Invaders from Mars(The original) gave me nightmares when I was a child. I was into classic horror films since I was 5 or 6. I could not wait till Saturday afternoon to watch Creature Double Feature.

• vinamon13

June 8, 2010 at 10:37 pm

theres a book series “the tripods”, 3 legged robots from space tryng to take over, but with mind control. pretty good read, check it out

• WatchmenFTW

July 2, 2010 at 2:02 pm

One of my favourite novels of all time is War of the Worlds, and H.G Wells is one of my favourite authors of all time. I liked the 2005 version, my favourite thing about it was the tripods.

• keeman4454

July 13, 2010 at 4:52 pm

i own the spielber version of “war of the worlds” and i really like it, i think that tom cruise was actually really good in the movie, and i also loved the music.

• NintendoBoy

August 2, 2010 at 10:53 pm

We watched the Spielberg War of the Worlds in my English class and every time Dakota Fanning screamed, the whole class moaned. I mean, COME ON!

• venom 51007

August 4, 2010 at 11:16 pm

Man why does CG have to take a crap all over everything i actually have the 2005 remake starring Tom Cruise on DVD. They should’ve made a box set of all 3 remakes of War Of The Worlds. Hey James can u make a review of War Of The Worlds 2 please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• February 26, 2011 at 4:41 pm

war of the worlds is my favorite alien invasion movie ver.. jaja I like this alien movies reviews a lot !!!

• home2alone

April 5, 2011 at 2:26 pm

my, what a lot of remakes.

• exploda

August 23, 2011 at 5:11 pm

I agree wholeheartedly. Fuck CG

• dada202

November 17, 2011 at 6:29 am

one thing you forgot is that theres a musical virtion to war of the world. neadless to say its amezing alldou it starts slow it really picks up . it was made in the 70′s and it shows. for instent at the start of the album you get these amazingly dark violins that really put you in the mood but in the moment you settel down on the cowch disco music comse out of no were and you are left stund. i don’t want to go on to much so my opinion is give a listen

• carlosccdvm

November 23, 2011 at 1:05 pm

I agree that the original War of the Worlds was the best. The CG lasers and tripods were good in the 2005 version, but the coolest thing is the end where you see the original actors (Gene Barry and Ann Robinson) as the role of the grandparents.

• DonSkiver

December 18, 2011 at 9:29 pm

Look, CG isn’t inherently evil. But I will say that its a crutch. Most of the time people will use CG for stuff that can be better done by practical effects only because its a LOT cheaper to use CG; and when they use CG for that purpose, its looks like shit. I will say that actors give more convincing performances when they have an actual ‘thing’ in front of them instead of a green screen or a marker of some sort. Its hard to act scared or surprised or awestruck when all you’re staring at is a a green backdrop or at masking tape in an X shape on the ground.

But seriously, CG can do A LOT of things that practical effects just can’t do, or can’t do for under $1 million. In that regards, cut CG some slack.

• Wendell Parker

June 14, 2012 at 5:35 am

The reason there were three remakes in June 2005 was because The Asylum was doing there normal knock-off of the big budget film; like Transmorphers, and Battle of Los Angeles.

As for Invaders From Mars, I like the original better for its surreal atmosphere; but the remake’s O.K.

• alex hacker

February 27, 2014 at 11:22 pm

There’s another War of the Worlds remake. It’s direct to DVD and came out in 2005 as well. Thought it better than the Spielberg version!