Godzilla vs. Biollante (1989)

Mike Matei / October 19th, 2008

Comments

• frstefan

April 28, 2010 at 2:08 pm

hey how old do you need to be to see a godzilla movie? beacuse im 12 years i i REALLY wana see some monster action

• redwolf602

May 19, 2010 at 11:30 pm

@frstefan Look on the internet for godzilla movies. i know a few websites show em like hulu or crackle. Godzilla should be enjoyed by all, regardless of age

• A.Regular-Person

June 5, 2010 at 1:39 pm

Biolantte looks pretty cool, but if i was in that contest, i would’ve taken a different approch.

• crono04

June 11, 2010 at 12:39 pm

How bad does he love saying the “Cinemassacre Monster Madness” intro?

I used to have a Biollante toy. Scared the shit out of my mother.

• August 27, 2010 at 2:06 pm

god, biollante looks so damn cool

• Doug

November 1, 2010 at 1:26 pm

theonly thing that sucks is that Biolante, to this day, has never gotten a US DVD release. i tried an import once, but it wouldn’t play on my Region 1 DVD player, of course. if i could just find a VHS for a sane price i’d grab it.

• finnish fucker

March 6, 2011 at 5:47 am

this is first godzilla movie I ever saw

• KurnDerak

October 20, 2011 at 10:52 pm

I’m actually surprised at the very blatant misinformation in this video about the release of the 90s Godzilla movies in the USA. Godzilla and Mothra, Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah, Godzilla vs. Space Godzilla and Godzilla vs. Destroyah were released in order around a year or 2 after their release in Japan by Columbia/Tri Star on VHS. Godzilla vs. Mecha-Godzilla II was released out of order I think, as I at least couldn’t find it until well after Destroyah came out. Up until late last year, when I finally replaced them with DVDs, I still had all of those on VHS and in good condition.

Though it might also be that you’re blocking out anything Columbia/Tri-star related when it comes to Godzilla as they are responsible for the American movie. If that is the case, I’m sorry to dig up those horrible memories and hope that your therapy bills are minimal.

• MrStaypuft

July 26, 2014 at 4:40 am

It may not be a case of “blatant misinformation”. James could have very well never have seen them. I know I had the Godzilla vs King Ghidorah and Godzilla vs Mothra movies on VHS my self. Dubbed too like you mention. Either way I am glad that someone else here remembers them.

• HorazStCruz

March 20, 2012 at 8:35 pm

What you got there is a Spanish or a Latin-American DVD release??

• nammm3

October 7, 2012 at 7:15 pm

This Godzilla from here-on to Godzilla v. Space Godzilla, was my favorite of all the rubber suits. I dunno why the Godzilla 2000 series’ suit never grew on me. But the size of the head and tail and spikes were so well estimated and looked naturally coolest!

• June 15, 2013 at 12:32 pm

i recently saw a copy of this movie on dvd in the usa. i think a company got the rights for it in the usa to release on dvd.

• tbb033

May 17, 2014 at 9:25 pm

Actually they did release some of the ones after this on VHS before DVD. I know they at least made it to the Mothra one, as I had (well, still have somewhere in my basement) that one as well as Biollante and the Ghidora one in between them. I don’t think I had the rest, but pretty sure I at least saw copies of the others like Space Godzilla and Destroyah for sale on VHS back in the 90′s. No not imports, I got the ones I have from frickin K-Mart.