Godzilla vs. Gigan (1972)

Mike Matei / October 14th, 2008

Earth Destruction Directive: Godzilla vs. Gigan

Godzilla on Monster Island

Comments

• ddogg1

April 25, 2010 at 12:06 pm

the final fight after the godzilla tower is destroyed is the best part of the movie like the tag team match as james says

• Espresso_yourself322

May 15, 2010 at 12:59 pm

Does anyone else think that the title credit of this movie looks kind of like the credits to a clockwork orange?

• A.Regular-Person

June 5, 2010 at 1:10 pm

Now Gigan is defiently the most interesting of all the Godzilla enemies. Never seen the movie, but how do they explain Gigan, or does he just come out of nowhere with no good explaination.

• WatchmenFTW

June 29, 2010 at 12:51 pm

Gigan must be a machine, how can a living thing have a frigging buzzsaw in his stomach?
    Anyway, like I said in another video, Ghidorah should be rebooted with a new film set in America and with him on his own. The director also shouldn’t be the guy who did the Godzilla remake or the guys at Toho, someone like Zack Snyder or dare I say…Michael Bay.

• Morris

August 12, 2010 at 8:48 pm

I wouldn’t say its that bad of a movie. only if you spent a movie-thon of all the godzilla movies during the Showa period. it will get tiring. It just has some stupid things about it.

i was wondering, when did Godzilla and Angurius start being friends? Angurius was the first monster Godzilla took his anger out on, so Angurius would be the last monster i’d think Godzilla would want to be friends with. Godzilla musta made Angurius his little bitch, “Join me, or die.”

And of course, Gengo’s girlfriend just happens to be a master in Kung Fu and beat up anyone who messes with Gengo. And the death scene of the cockroaches was dry but still funny by being so bad. I thought Godzilla talking with Angurius was hilarious, probably the best thing of the movie besides the first appearance of Gigan. And why do the hell did Godzilla pick Angurius as a tagteam-partner? lol Angurius sucks! Mothra is better. Shoulda got King Ceasar to make a comeback. Anyways, i think thats aboot it.

• August 24, 2010 at 8:40 pm

gigan is sooooo awesome, too bad the movie isn├Ęt as good as the monster itself

• August 29, 2010 at 9:52 pm

Anyone notice the dude’s face when James starts talking about the suit falling apart? I thought that was hilarious. His face peeking out from the costume made me think he was playing Peek-A-Boo…

• October 9, 2010 at 7:16 am

Guess I was on drugs as a kid. Loved Gigan so much I watched this movie a bajillion times.

• Doom_Master

March 2, 2011 at 10:24 am

Actually I watched the original Japanese movie this morning and I must say the monsters didn’t speak and there were no bubbles with text… They just roared. So dubbing sucks! If you want to watch a movie and really “feel” it, than watch it subbed, because obviously a bad dubbing can make a dumb film even worse.

• BobJohnson

July 17, 2011 at 9:25 pm

RARARRARRRRRArRRARar!!!

• July 31, 2011 at 9:22 pm

“Hey Angillas, Come on! There lot of trouble ahead!”

LOL now that’s awkward!

• penpan

August 26, 2011 at 7:13 pm

yeah people on drugs

• RX_79

September 27, 2011 at 9:51 pm

The 50th Anniversary Dvd has the falling apart Godzilla costume cut out.

Whats worse is they didn’t even do a good job of editing. So you get a weird jump cut . At first I thought the Dvd was skipping.

Curse you Tristar home entertainment.

• MohawkLogan

October 17, 2011 at 2:11 am

i belive that gigan is godzilas rival thats the way i have always seen him that way im sure why just the way i feel

• nammm3

October 7, 2012 at 6:50 pm

Yeah the Japanese version did use speech bubbles.

This was one of the first Godzilla movies I ever owned, I watched it regularly for a month… I was completely unaware of the slow pacing and the annoying roaring.

• Harley Jackson

April 5, 2013 at 12:02 am

The aliens in this are cockroaches in human skin. Edgar from Men In Black is also a cockroach in a human’s skin. Could there be a relation? This would be a GREAT way to tie the Men In Black franchise into the Godzilla franchise. Men In Black would work SO WELL in japanese culture!

• June 26, 2013 at 7:58 pm