Godzilla vs. the Sea Monster (1966)

Mike Matei / October 9th, 2008

Godzilla, Ebirah, Mothra: Big Duel in the South Seas

Ebirah, Horror of the Deep

Comments

• Espresso_yourself322

May 16, 2010 at 5:53 pm

This movie had a different composer than the others before this, and 007 was starting to become really popular when this movie was made, so it’s no wonder the music sounds nearly identical (food for thought)

• A.Regular-Person

June 5, 2010 at 12:36 pm

Not complaining, but what’s with monsters having love interests, plus, Godzilla’s a lizard, so wouldn’t he be based of instinct.

Godzilla can stray but shouldn’t stray off that far.

• June 24, 2010 at 1:43 pm

I can’t find the MST3K episode of this movie over at Google Video! If somebody can post the episode there, that would be swell!

• Torgo

October 3, 2010 at 5:22 am

The MST3K episode wasn’t that great, at least for me it was one of my least favorite episodes. Joel comes across as flat-out racist, but not in a funny ironic sort of way as if he were making fun of racism. He just makes predictable, awkward jokes that poke fun at Japanese and general Asian stereotypes throughout the episode and it just falls flat.

This is one of those rare cases where the movie is more enjoyable to watch on its own, without the MST3K treatment. For me personally, I grew up watching a handful of Godzilla vhs tapes while living in the south pacific, and I loved this movie because it came the closest to recreating the islands where we lived. Sure there isn’t as much Godzilla considering he’s the title character, but people really steal the show. It’s campy and dated but you gotta watch it in the right mindset.

• October 9, 2010 at 12:48 am

If I recall correctly, the script for this movie was originally intended for King Kong, but they used him elsewhere and gave this to Godzilla… hence the love interest.

• Espresso_yourself322

December 28, 2010 at 12:15 am

He said that in the video. Just saying.

• Dowash

March 11, 2012 at 6:47 am

I watched this film far to much. I still get flashbacks of bananas being used to control Iberia. Grrrrrr a bad Godzilla flick.

• nammm3