Mothra vs. Godzilla (1964)

Mike Matei / October 6th, 2008

Godzilla vs. the Thing

Comments

• Mr_Nabby

April 18, 2010 at 2:36 pm

“Godzilla vs The Thing. You mean that thing? Or this thing? Or that thing? Or do you mean Mothra? I think they were smokeing crack.”

Classic 🙂

• frstefan

April 28, 2010 at 2:22 pm

the thing?! WTF HAVE THEY SEEN THE MOVIE?! OR DID THEY JUST HEAR ABOUT MORTHA AND THEN MAKES A US VERSION BUT DONT KNOW WHO THE FUCK MORTHA IS?

• A.Regular-Person

June 5, 2010 at 12:14 pm

Renaming the title…….yeah…….they should’ve stop doing that after the second movie renaming, and REALLY should’ve stop after this one.

• hotpotat0wned

July 1, 2010 at 5:51 am

what is it with the title renaming and changing a couple of stuff in the film in the american versions?

• Lt Shelton

July 6, 2010 at 1:19 am

I have this on Netflix…thank nyou netflix.

• October 9, 2010 at 12:30 am

This was the first Godzilla movie I owned, followed by Raids Again, and THEN the original. Looking back at these flicks leaves me feeling all gooey inside.

• October 25, 2010 at 8:07 pm

re-naming stuff it’s pretty common.. In Mexico everything gets re-name .. so eventually you get so lost. . The thing . They couldn’t think in anything better ??
    Anyways Godzilla Rocks !!!!

• February 4, 2011 at 10:28 pm

Mothra I believe in my opinion, might be the best giant monster outside of the Godzilla series. Having her own trilogy of films in the late 90s with updated special effects was a great idea. They make for some fun wholesome entertainment in spite of some moments of preachiness about our environment.

• penpan

August 25, 2011 at 5:56 pm

Mothra is one of my absolute favorites!!

• Knawie

September 16, 2011 at 11:01 am

maybe they should’ve used a flying battleship to take down Godzilla! Which reminds me, tonight, I’m finally going to watch the Giant Claw. Can’t wait!

• Coffin Joe

October 13, 2011 at 6:46 pm

A Regular Person, you are a fucking idiot.

• MECHAGARY

January 1, 2012 at 3:13 pm

My 11 year old daughter, and I watched this on Netflix last night, right after the ball dropped in Times Square. Definitely one of the best in the series, even though I don’t get what could ever be scary about Mothra. Somehow it worked, and we had a great New Years I’ll never forget!

• HorazStCruz

March 20, 2012 at 7:03 pm

I actually could watch part of this film; it was transmitted on what you may call National Channel, on a foreign films documentary (I have to admit, here in Argentina we always rooted for the underdogs and cult classics nationwide), recommending how it should be approached as in roder to get the director’s intentions and how the audience back then received that shocking and bizarre material when first shown.

Fascinating.

• nammm3

September 21, 2012 at 2:00 am

I gotta see this as an adult. As a kid, it was never appealing to see Godzilla fight a butterfly.

• December 29, 2015 at 5:35 am

You’ve got to think of it as a Space Butterfly, what kind of butterfly do you know that’s over 100′ long?

• Liz

October 28, 2013 at 7:50 am

I think a lot of this movie is explained if you assume Godzilla was hung over. I mean he wakes up in a strange place, wanders around crashing into stuff, and has a craving for eggs.

• December 29, 2015 at 5:29 am

Yeah, I loved his one. “Best” maybe, one of the top three easily. I think it was an homage to how campy the older movies were, Godzilla a klutz? At this point almost everyone knew it was a guy in a cheesy rubber suit, and how, yeah, invincible he is, like Godzilla doesn’t care.