Godzilla Raids Again (1955)

Mike Matei / October 4th, 2008

Gigantis, the Fire Monster

Comments

• Shikster

April 29, 2010 at 3:52 pm

Ok I am looking this up on netflix……YOUR A BASTARD JAMES! Hehe

• A.Regular-Person

June 5, 2010 at 12:01 pm

Why does, in the first godzilla movie, godizilla looks like he has those goofy looking eyes like the giant claw does, but hey, i’m not complaining, i’m just pointing out the obvious.

And we change the name because were american a-holes and want to control what we get, ex: Godzilla 1998.

• ziggybozbo

June 20, 2010 at 7:21 pm

Hey, I have that exact same toy! I was angry how his mouth wouldn’t move.

• Lt Shelton

July 6, 2010 at 1:10 am

I havent seen it yet but in a week I will have all the godzilla movies.

• August 29, 2010 at 8:46 pm

Haha, the aerial shot comment you made was exactly what I thought. I was like “It looks like a toy in a model snow island. Cheap ass movie.”

Also, the characters didn’t mean as much to me in this one as they did in the first one. I especially liked Dr. Serizawa and Professor Harame. I’m glad the Professor made a return, but not a big one.

I’m downloading 30 Gigs worth of Toho films right now, and Godzilla (Gojira) and Godzilla Raids Again, or Godzilla’s Counterattack as the original translation points out, are the only films I’ve seen. And I watch all Japanese with English subtitles, I don’t want those shitty American edits.

• crazygator

September 28, 2010 at 10:24 pm

Hey James, I thought you’d like to know, that building that gets destroyed isn’t a pagoda. It’s Osaka Castle! A very famous landmark of Osaka city. It’s right in the middle of the city and can be seen from miles away. It’s still standing today, but it might be a reconstruction and not the original, I’m not sure. They probably had to rebuild it after they made this movie 😉

• diegowar

July 27, 2011 at 5:27 am

In the Japanese version, there is no introduction with the historic footage, and there is no narration by Kobayashi (which I’ve heard that it was at times describing things that made him look like an idiot).

Now, for the movie itself, I liked it. It sure isn’t as serious as the first Godzilla, but it’s the first movie to feature a Godzilla vs Monster battle, and it was pretty epic.

• penpan

August 25, 2011 at 5:32 pm

Who else is in the habit of imitating Godzilla’s legendary roar? I love to do it at work 😛 While writing paperwork heheh

• CesarSanchez

January 7, 2012 at 3:00 pm

newest!!!!!!!!!!!

• nammm3

September 21, 2012 at 1:56 am

ugh, godzilla’s roar sounds terrible in this movie

• Ome

June 26, 2013 at 9:37 pm

Ah the first Godzilla movie I saw. And with Anguirus, my favorite monster.

• frostare

October 2, 2013 at 3:47 pm

So Angerus was the first of many huh? What a privilege!

• October 30, 2013 at 8:29 pm

EVERY TIME James says “Monster Madness” I automatically say “GodzillaThon” no matter what the theme haha. No idea why.

• December 16, 2013 at 3:13 pm

Grate video james

• fcabanski

October 28, 2014 at 3:03 am

Why are there two Godzillas on the video box?