Rocky V (1990)

Mike / April 9th, 2008

Comments

• officialjab

May 3, 2011 at 2:19 am

I really liked Rocky 5. I’d put it below the first and last, but definitely on par, if not better than the other middle ones.

• derrick554

September 10, 2011 at 9:52 pm

I agree! That last fight really makes this movie. It doesn’t matter that he isn’t the technical champ, cause rocky beat the shit out of the champ, and he knows he could never take rocky. What a fitting end! This movie really was a good ending to rocky. But then…. Rocky Balboa (which i have not seen)

• Firewall_Philip_Hanan

October 14, 2011 at 6:55 pm

My fav Rockys:

#1 Rocky 3 (Nice story of revenge and great characters and fights)
    #2 Rocky 4 (Revenge and Patriotism at the same time)
    #3 Rocky V (Shows he’s still on top)
    #4 Rocky Blaboa (Nice to see a man getting his respect back)
    #5 Rocky 2 (Feels like a repeat of Rocky 1 but better)
    #6 Rocky (Good story, but too drawn out)

• AVGN Lover

December 23, 2011 at 4:16 pm

James: it may be the worst rocky movie

Me: wtf thts like # 3 being gay as shit

• KeithEllwood

December 26, 2011 at 6:38 pm

Not only is this the worst Rocky movie. It’s one of the worst movies I’ve ever seen in my opinion

• Goron50

March 18, 2012 at 2:36 pm

[email protected] You really must not watch a lot of movies.

• KullConqueror7

September 21, 2013 at 4:26 am

I say that all the time. I mean have these people ever seen “Manos the Hands of Fate”?

• January 8, 2013 at 5:57 pm

I agree Rocky 5 was flawed, but it was still better than Rocky 4. I just don’t see why people hate it. “A Rocky movie where Rocky doesn’t fight?! This movie must suck!” First of all he DOES fight, just not in a boxing ring, secondly, the movie isn’t about him fighting, its about him trying to pass on his legacy.

• Kaygeebee

March 6, 2013 at 7:09 am

I disagree, violence can solve problems. That bully will probably never bother him again since bullies are really cowards and only pick on people they perceive as weak. I’ve been bullied and once I finally had the guts to fight back the guy never touched me again. We actually got along well after that, since he respected me and we still keep in touch.

• Eddie Novak

March 14, 2013 at 11:03 am

I almost didn’t want to watch this review because I thought you’d trash the movie like everyone else has. I think the fight between Rock and Tommy at the end is the best of the series (I had my dad record it on VHS and I watched it over and over again as a kid because this was my favorite Rocky movie at the time), and I’m glad you didn’t tear it down and belittle it like most people would have. I do disagree with you about your assertion that the ending didn’t solve anything. The first two movies were about him proving himself, the third was about revenge, the fourth was about revenge and patriotism, but this one was about personal principals and rocky nailed that shit. It was the only movie where he fought exclusively for himself and I think that is important.

• Carson Hearne