Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974) History of Horror

Mike Matei / October 17th, 2007

Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Comments

• April 8, 2010 at 2:56 pm

I only owned the 2003 remake on DVD, but I’m sure you would’ve liked it too because of R. Lee Ermey’s performance as the maniacal sheriff!

• April 22, 2010 at 1:05 pm

I saw this movie when I was about 10, and it wasn’t really scary/

• Shikster

April 29, 2010 at 1:50 pm

Holy shitfuck! No starbucks commercial at the beginning! THANK YOU JAMES!

• vinamon13

June 8, 2010 at 5:24 am

why is leather face like that, what happened to him

• WatchmenFTW

July 2, 2010 at 5:16 pm

In answer to your comment vinamon13, Leatherface is retarded (I don’t mean that as an insult to the character, he literally is retarded), so that’s why he’s pretty dumb all the time.
    I’ve not seen this yet but my uncle has both the original and the remake, and the original is signed by Tobe Hooper himself.

• 70alt1

September 15, 2010 at 4:15 pm

@vinamon13 I assume you menat why he’s called ‘Leatherface’. His mask is made from the skin of his victims. He has three masks. Oh, and he wears it to a) cover up his face, which has no nose, and b) to express emotions based on the different masks which he himself cannot convey due to his retardation.

• GialloHorror

October 4, 2010 at 8:25 am

The remake of this film is fucking ASS!

The atmosphere in this film is fucking AMAZING! The grainy look adds to the atmosphere, and feeling.

It is a true classic, and a million times better than that, shitty, remake. I LOVE it! Any TRUE horror fan will appreciate this film

• SpiritSoldier

May 27, 2011 at 12:00 am

I like this movie, but i love part 2.

• penpan

August 25, 2011 at 2:14 pm

I loved this movie and the remake even. The first one had me paranoid about meat…and I was working at a bbq restaurant at the time!

• ShawnCHiLL

October 14, 2011 at 6:54 pm

I have every one of these movies. but i like the original and the remakes the best. and part 3. but parts 2 and 4, were so fucking retarded. But i had to watch them anyway. and im sure i will again.

• Tekkenfan

November 13, 2011 at 5:58 pm

Texas chainsaw massacre 3D is coming soon next year and one of the stars is a singer named Trey songz.

• jacko wacko

July 14, 2012 at 2:32 pm

Who would win in a fight:Leatherface vs Michael Myers

• SUP3RFLYSAMURA1

September 30, 2014 at 10:18 am

Leatherface. Comes down to their weapon of choice. Chainsaw always beats a knife.

• MacK

September 17, 2012 at 6:00 pm

I would love to see Texas Chainsaw Massacre 4 review soon. This one was awesome, yet very gruesome flick indeed.

• AbsoluteDeicide

October 1, 2012 at 9:56 am

Texas Chainsaw Massacre isn’t just my favorite horror movie of all time, it’s my favorite movie period. I have the Leatherface tattoo on my shin to prove it.

• January 10, 2013 at 6:50 pm

THE ORIGINAL IS A CLASSIC AMAZING.

• April 5, 2013 at 2:48 pm

Is anybody going to see this fan-film me and Jackson Chapman (co-writer/plays Leatherface) when it is put out on the web? It’s named “Beyond the Valley of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre”, and it is a fan-film showing what happens after the events of the first movie. Despite Texas Chainsaw 3D, this movie will be set in between the original first and second movies. Expect gore, plot/character development (smart characters!!!!) and a great soundtrack. The film is still in developement, but here’s a short sneak preview.

• Nick Beaman

August 26, 2013 at 5:20 am

Definitely an unsettling movie. The part at the end when Leatherface is doing the chainsaw dance freaked me the fuck out.

• SUP3RFLYSAMURA1

September 30, 2014 at 10:17 am

Word! That shit is crazy. I’ve never been more terrified of sum1 dancing.

• October 8, 2013 at 3:58 pm

This is literally the sickest most disgusting and insane movie ever! It’s fucking horrifying.

• SUP3RFLYSAMURA1

September 30, 2014 at 10:17 am

Grimy and raw movie! Bad ass horror. For sum reason LeatherFace has always been one of the scariest, sickest, dudes 2 me. Somethin about that Chainsaw when you hear it u kno ur fucked! Plus alotta of my childhood years were spent in Texas and here it’s like the boogeyman. Parents tell the kids this is real and he always live near you.