Night of the Living Dead (1968) History of Horror

Mike Matei / October 15th, 2007

Comments

• April 8, 2010 at 2:41 pm

You’re right James! This movie has BALLS, and it got me by the BALLS!

I also saw the 1990 color remake directed by Tom Savini. It was made due to the legal issues that Romero had with his original film. It’s interesting to watch for curiousity’s sake!

• A.Regular-Person

April 14, 2010 at 8:00 pm

The remake was good. It grabbed me, and i watch it all the way through, but the original still kicks some donkey butt. Romeo better not die unexpectingly.

• Murtada

June 11, 2010 at 2:31 pm

AMAZING!
    UR BADASS MAN!

• Pogiforce

August 11, 2010 at 11:57 pm

This was the only movie of the classics I was able to see, as my school library had it, and being a zombie fan I checked it out. I was amazed at how the true conflict was amongst the survivors, less so with the zombies themselves, and I found it fascinating and worthy of contemplation. By the movie’s end I was so in touch with the lead character that I was angered by how the movie ended. A true masterpiece.

• venom 51007

August 18, 2010 at 12:56 pm

i think my fav version of night of the living dead is the 1990 remake directed by tom savini it is directed by him right? anyway now theres anotherone coming out in 2010 and sense its 2010 now i’m guessing its all set to go but theres 2 remakes of it now the one in 1990 and the one in 2010 but if they make a remake of day of the dead and land of the dead there’ll be another line of confusion cause younger generations might pick the remake and think its the original bottom line no more remakes cause war of the worlds and the fly were all classics but they had to be remade heres what i think movie productions should do if people like the original version of a movie leave it alone cause movies should only be remade if its bad thats why good movies do not deserve to be remade cause it will only lead to more confusion and anger to fans such as myself and everybody else who love these films.

• Stickman007

September 7, 2010 at 8:46 pm

think it was in black and white because of cost

• GialloHorror

October 4, 2010 at 8:18 am

When it comes to zombie films, Romero is KING. This film, and “Dawn of the Dead” are fucking incredible!!!

• RedRum

October 18, 2010 at 12:50 pm

love this one.

• tsburesh

February 12, 2011 at 9:10 pm

But what does james think of the remake.

• daydr3amindavey

May 29, 2011 at 2:36 pm

James, did you ever watch the 1990 remake of Night of the Living Dead? Tom Savini directed and the first scene made me shit my pants. I thought it was ok but of course it will never be better than the original. I will “4 stars check it out”.

• metalhusky

September 20, 2011 at 9:35 am

m/

• Kaandorpius

October 12, 2011 at 9:56 pm

I actually bought the colorized version of the original Night of the Living Dead from 1968. Its an interesting attempt and quite well done, but somehow i just cant help myself turning the colors off on my TV and watch it in black and white as it is supposed to be.

For that matter, just go watch the original in b&w, or watch Tom Savini’s 1990 remake in color. For me personally, it still cant beat the greatness of Romero’s 1968 classic.

• ShawnCHiLL

October 14, 2011 at 6:49 pm

Love this movie. have the color version, but like the B AND W to it any day. Thats what helped make it speacile.

• ShawnCHiLL

October 14, 2011 at 6:50 pm

so i watch the black and white.

• JuanVasquezColmenaresMenes

November 26, 2011 at 6:40 pm

Balls!

• metalhusky

December 30, 2011 at 6:28 am

Just got a Steelbook edition, with the original black white movie, a colored version and a documetary. Kick Fucking Ass!

• RobinLudvigIsomaa

March 31, 2012 at 1:22 pm

Since this movie is in the public domain, you should make a feature length commentary!

• jacko wacko

July 14, 2012 at 2:28 pm

Who would win in a fight:Romero Zombies vs Russo Zombies

• Zoetrope

August 17, 2012 at 5:51 pm

You should review Carnival of Souls (Herk Harvey, 1962). I think it inspired Romera quiet a bit, at least in regards to the tempo and cinematography. A shame that it is often overlooked.

• June 1, 2013 at 11:53 pm

it took him 2 minutes to get to the plot ? My god!

• August 6, 2013 at 5:24 am

did you know there is a colorized version

• June 15, 2014 at 4:57 am

This is one of those films That I watch a lot. It’s a great film and It just has something that I like. i don’t know what it is. The sequels never really intrested me.