Tingler, The (1959) History of Horror

Mike Matei / October 11th, 2007

Comments

• April 8, 2010 at 2:11 pm

I only saw House on Haunted Hill on Netflix which is the restored version from Warner Bros. that I assume is much better to watch than the public domain version.

Anyway, I know that The Tingler is part of the William Castle DVD set that also includes his version of The Old Dark House for Hammer Films. Is it any good?

• armyN64

May 23, 2010 at 6:51 pm

Interesting concept

• croy10067

September 5, 2010 at 11:59 am

@djdeluxe76 dude thanks i am using and it rocks i owe you one

• October 6, 2010 at 1:21 am

Man i wish they stayed doing the fun house thing that would make everything more scary. They should bring it back.

• October 6, 2010 at 8:55 pm

This one it’s pretty cool .. I like house of hunted hill, more I’ma fan of Vincet Price.. I like Wax Museum a lot . too..

• October 7, 2010 at 5:48 pm

Wow! This is one of the best concepts I ever heard for a horror movie! It’s fantastic!

• TMO007

October 20, 2010 at 8:02 pm

Haha I agree it’s a great concept for a horror movie, a little cheesy for today’s standards, but none-the-less a great concept.

• slasherfan

October 25, 2010 at 7:35 am

i bought a horror movie collection set for $5 at wal mart which had house on haunted hill and a bunch of other public domain movies and i think it was the 2nd best out of all of em the first being night of the living dead

• gamer025

January 12, 2011 at 2:58 am

Is it just me or does William Castle look like FDR?

• MAUXHOUSE

April 11, 2011 at 5:04 pm

FUCK YOU CARRYFAN23 POSTS ON EVERY VID EVERY DAY

• penpan

August 23, 2011 at 4:30 pm

It lasted til the 80′s because my Aunt told me about people throwing bags of rubber spiders in Arachnaphobia :P They were probably movie viewers and not studio people though!

• St_Cerberus_Engel

October 19, 2011 at 1:35 am

William Castle is a marketing and film-making genius. Sure, he made bad B movies with ridiculous premises, but they had great casts (led by Vincent Price of course) great writing and wonderful old fashioned cinematography with some surprisingly creepy or scary scenes here and there. On top of that the gimmicks used to promote the movies were just awesome and a load of fun. Someone needs to take an old run down theater from that era (like the one in my home town) and show these films on a semi-regular basis utilizing all of the fun house style tricks that made them famous. I would love to see these movies the way they were originally shown.