Wolf Man, The (1941) History of Horror

Mike Matei / October 8th, 2007

Comments

• April 8, 2010 at 1:56 pm

The original is definitely awesome for its time. The 2010 remake doesn’t have the same luster so I say stick with the original!

• Shikster

April 29, 2010 at 1:03 pm

Did you know that Lugosi got crap for his Frankenstein Monster. Critics said he was to stiff. What they did not know is that Lugosi was told the monster was blind at this point…..but that was never explained in the movie.

• Dr. Breakfastmachine

June 11, 2010 at 10:40 pm

I noticed the similarities between this movie’s music and Danny Elfman’s score too the first time I watched it!

• WatchmenFTW

July 9, 2010 at 11:51 am

I wish Boris Karloff played Frankenstein in the House of Frankenstein and House of Dracula films. But anyway, great review, I enjoyed the remake too.

• venom 51007

August 9, 2010 at 4:12 pm

I love the wolf man i think the original was awesome but one complaint why is bela lougosi actor name BELA even thow its pronounced beyla i wish they could’ve given him a better name in the movie to bad they can’t fix it cause bela lougosis dead now so they have to find someone else.

• GialloHorror

October 4, 2010 at 8:12 am

This is some classic shit right here! I do laugh at the fact that the Wolf Man strangled people, instead of biting them though

• October 8, 2010 at 1:52 pm

“check em out and grow hair on your balls” haha

• penpan

August 18, 2011 at 3:41 pm

Stop-motion classic all the way, baby, gotta love those effects!

• sharkey.samuel

September 20, 2011 at 9:26 pm

this movie kicks ass i only have one complaint (Spoiler alert) at the end how can they not tell larry was killed with a blunt object when bela the fortune teller died they knew right away, i find it hard to believe the story would end like that larrys father would probably go to jail making it an even more tragic event

• SUP3RFLYSAMURA1

September 16, 2014 at 6:53 pm

I’m guessing they didn’t wanna show it cus then it’d b extra fucked up.

• ShawnCHiLL

October 9, 2011 at 9:53 pm

Love the wolf man

• December 13, 2011 at 10:17 pm

One of the best horror movies of all time.

• JerrySanbox

February 3, 2012 at 1:02 am

anyone remember that scene with the lady in The Sandlot during the hercules chase scene

• jacko wacko

July 14, 2012 at 2:13 pm

Who would win in a fight:The Wolfman vs Count Dracula

• SUP3RFLYSAMURA1

September 16, 2014 at 6:52 pm

They’ve got into it in movies before. I’ve never seen em but I pick Wolfman he’s jus a monster only run by instinct.

• Kent Gissing

August 27, 2014 at 7:51 am

Yeah :O the Batman score… what happened? Did Elfman rip off the score of Wolfman?

• SUP3RFLYSAMURA1

September 16, 2014 at 6:49 pm

Lon Chaney Jr. keeps his father’s legacy alive through his performance as the smooth Larry. I like the complexity about his character and his conflict. How no one believes him and he barley believes him himself. He’s a killer by nature only. Great atmosphere throughout especially with the fog in the streets and woods. The wolf make up is a awesome. Just Like James said it misses the bad ass transformation every film with a monster needs. Performances are all good and the leading actress is beautiful. The end is surprisingly messed up. I dig it.