Mummy, The (1932) History of Horror

Mike Matei / October 6th, 2007

Comments

• April 8, 2010 at 1:44 pm

I admit that it’s not one of the best of the Universal horror films, but still pretty good because of Karloff. Maybe I’ll give it another watch along with its four sequels.

I actually enjoyed the 1999 version and its 2001 sequel! (Mummy 3 sucked ass the worse) It definitely adds the Indiana jones adventure flavor to the story which makes it a fun ride.

• SUP3RFLYSAMURA1

August 29, 2014 at 12:03 pm

Yeah the 2001 Mummy is awesome. Def more of an adventure where as the 1932 one i more suspense.

• Shikster

April 29, 2010 at 12:52 pm

Seen em all and loved everyone……no matter how corny some are.

• WatchmenFTW

July 9, 2010 at 11:40 am

I’d love to see this film, but not the sequels. Also, I love the Mummy remake and the sequel, but Mummy 3 was no way near as good as the others, that was quite poor.
    They should make a film about Boris Karloff’s life, I’d love to see it.

• venom 51007

September 6, 2010 at 8:54 pm

I agree with @WATCHMENFTW your right MUMMY TOMB OF THE DRAGON EMPEROR was bad it should’ve ended after mummy returns those were awesome although MIKE MATEI says he hates the remake and i can understand (probably i don’t know) i’m guessing it was the CG effects or the cast or the plot.

• NinTONdo

October 2, 2010 at 7:14 am

I used to watch the series Eerie Indiana I guess you know It
    In the fifth episode of the first season they brought that mummy out of the TV.
    In the end It turned out to be Boris Karloff himself 😀
    Great stuff!

• TriviumOfBalls

May 10, 2011 at 4:27 pm

No way to skip the commercial?

• Minion0Metal

June 30, 2011 at 12:08 am

CarryFan23 is ruining this for me with his pointless babble..

• penpan

August 18, 2011 at 3:30 pm

“Come on, move your ass…come on!” lol

• atishnis1

December 7, 2011 at 9:06 am

Great – I should certainly pronounce, impressed with your website. I had no trouble navigating through all tabs and related information ended up being truly easy to do to access. I recently found what I hoped for before you know it at all. Quite unusual. Is likely to appreciate it for those who add forums or something, web site theme . a tones way for your customer to communicate. Excellent task. http://mobileinindia.in

• December 13, 2011 at 10:07 pm

One of Karloff’s best

• SUP3RFLYSAMURA1

August 29, 2014 at 12:02 pm

Totally agree.

• jacko wacko

July 14, 2012 at 2:11 pm

I know this is the remakes im talking about but it is still the mummy. Who would win in a fight:Imhotep vs The Dragon Emperor

• October 18, 2013 at 11:08 pm

No son capaces de alejarse de esa momia, jajajaja.

• SUP3RFLYSAMURA1

August 29, 2014 at 12:02 pm

I kno this probably isn’t popular opinion but I prefer Karloff in The Mummy then in Frankenstein. He play Imhotep so good u actually believe this guy is a walking corpse. Tall, lanky, long dress and powerful eyes. Everytime he’s in a scene he’s in control. Ending was great 2. The Decomposing scene, tho short, was awesome! Great Movie. Sucha classic.