Phantom Of The Opera (1925) History of Horror

Mike Matei / October 3rd, 2007

Comments

• April 8, 2010 at 1:26 pm

I watched both Phantom and Hunchback on Netflix and I can see why Lon Chaney was a legend! His makeup work must’ve looked really awesome in those days.

• bacondude1985

April 21, 2010 at 4:54 am

damn, those Metro PCS guys piss me off with their fucking cellular mongoose Indian accents. They are so obnoxious that I am becoming racist against Indian people since I watch so many of these videos and they are advertised before every single one of them! lol

• April 23, 2010 at 9:16 am

Hey James im Form Venezuela and i am a real big Fan of You =D please i beg you to watch this site, it talks about the London After Midnight Movie!!! hope works for you see ya =D

See ya greetings form Venezuela !!!

• June 9, 2010 at 10:58 pm

There was a cartoon released shortly after his death portraying Chaney in death with a skeletal hand placing a skull over his face a caption below read “The Final Face”. I remember seeing it on one of his TCM bio pics.

• SUP3RFLYSAMURA1

August 14, 2014 at 1:13 am

Interesting. Remember the name?

• WatchmenFTW

June 24, 2010 at 12:09 pm

I always wondered what role Lon Chaney wore that wierd-ass make-up in? Now I know.
    I saw Phantom of the Opera in London a few months ago, it was amazing. Too bad Chaney wasn’t in the lead role.

• Hourglass

October 16, 2010 at 7:56 pm

You know, in a vague sort of way Lon’s characters remind me very much of Danny DeVito’s portrayal of The Penguin, in Batman Returns.

A monster doesn’t have to be a monster by default…sometimes, the monster is just a misfit.

• SUP3RFLYSAMURA1

August 14, 2014 at 1:13 am

I can see that now. Crazy.

• RaDioHeaD4life

December 4, 2010 at 4:23 am

My granny got this movie for christmas 2 years ago. I checked this movie out and thought it was a great movie.

• penpan

August 18, 2011 at 3:16 pm

love chaney’s expressions. LOVE IT.

• September 26, 2011 at 7:57 am

It’s coming out on Blu-Ray, but I haven’t heard yet if it looks good in high definition. Still, I would like to check it out.

The only other version of this that I saw was Hammer’s Phantom of the Opera with Herbert Lom in the title role. He’s actually pretty good in the role that he later spoofed it in the 70’s with his roles in Murders in the Rue Morgue (1971) and The Pink Panther Strikes Again (1976).

• chrono2

October 18, 2011 at 2:52 pm

This seems more like a Lon Chaney video rather than a Phantom of the Opera video. I was hoping to hear your opinions on the FILM rather than the actor–even if I did agree with your opinions here.

• Tekkenfan

November 12, 2011 at 9:45 pm

That’s not true a copy of London after midnight has been found some guy said that he saw London after midnight with his own eyes not the picture one the actual film i’m not kidding.

• jacko wacko

July 14, 2012 at 2:06 pm

Right controversial time, this team battle is sure to throw team Edward or team Jacob out the window. Who do you guys vote for:team Erik or team Raoul

• SUP3RFLYSAMURA1

August 14, 2014 at 1:12 am

Erik all the way man!

• October 2, 2013 at 7:34 am

so history of horror ole and new

• SUP3RFLYSAMURA1

August 14, 2014 at 1:11 am

Man loving these Horror classic. I can say that James “The Angry Video Game Nerd” got me into em. These not only hold up but surpass modern Horror movies. This movies is great. U feel 4 the phantom and the ending is so badass.

• October 24, 2014 at 6:26 pm

Great review…although that print is the worst I’ve seen yet. Where did you dig it up? (and yes, my choice of words is deliberate lol 😉

• October 21, 2015 at 7:24 pm

Even for today the makeup work on Lon Chaney is amazing and groundbreaking.