Ghostbusters 3 – My Honest Thoughts

Mike Matei / August 3rd, 2007

This video is very outdated so comments made may not be relevant now. It was originally posted in 2007. By now, it’s common knowledge that Ghostbusters 3 is actually being made. Once I see a trailer, I’ll believe it.

Comments

• NickGamingGeek

April 21, 2010 at 9:03 pm

Thank you James, I’m only 12 years old but yet I totally love these movies I understand if you think I don’t have a clue how bad you want this movie, but trust me I LOVE GHOST BUSTERS!!!!

Ghost Busters ftw (For The Win)
    Rock on James!!

From your bigest fan NickGamingGeek

• Deadpool2010

April 27, 2010 at 3:09 pm

Ghostbusters 1 and 2 are classics and I would only be into a third film if the original casts return for a live action film, anyways, here’s what wikipedia says about the whole thing: During the 1990s, Aykroyd wrote a script for a potential third film in the series.The concept reportedly would have the characters transported to an alternate version of Manhattan called Manhellton, where the people and places are hellish versions of their originals and they meet the devil. At the time, Aykroyd stated that the studio was interested, though the principal actors were not. It would feature a new, younger group of Ghostbusters as characters Ray, Egon, and Winston (who is referred to as Dr. Zeddemore), who struggle to keep the business going after Peter leaves to be with Dana. In reviewing the proposed script, IGN stated that the new Ghostbusters were “practically interchangeable,” lacked personality conflicts, and were not “especially funny or charming.” It also found the script to be too full of technobabble, and Venkman’s appearance at the end is noted to be the “best gag” in the script. Over the years, various rumors have floated around about the film, including reports stating that Murray was the only original Ghostbuster not interested as he disliked sequels, and that Ramis wanted Ben Stiller to join the cast.

During a 2009 interview, Ramis stated that the project stalled due to lack of interest and motivation to do it. Both Ramis and Aykroyd have confirmed that the script would call for a new group of younger Ghostbusters taking the lead, with Aykroyd stating, “Thereโ€™ll be a whole new generation that has to be trained and a leader that you’ll all love when you meet her. There’ll be lots of cadets, boys and girls who’ll be learning how to use the neuron splitter and the inter-planet interceptor – new tools to enable them to slip from dimension to dimension.” Harold Ramis and Dan Aykroyd were in the planning stages and the film was expected to be released in 2011 with Bill Murray on board. Rick Moranis had not officially stated whether he will or will not be a part of the sequel as he has retired from acting. Sigourney Weaver said she expected to return alongside all the other original cast.

On January 13, 2010, Ivan Reitman confirmed that he will be directing the film, but on 17 March 2010 the contract was dissolved. In March 2010, Bill Murray appeared on the Late Show With David Letterman and talked about his return to Ghostbusters III, stating “I’d do it only if my character was killed off in the first reel”.

• jakedizzle

August 20, 2010 at 12:34 am

I just hope they don’t add a D at the end of the title.

• Mr. K

August 27, 2010 at 4:38 pm

I think with the popularity of the recent game, then we’re in for a live-action sequel. And I can’t wait.

• Sparx Macgyver

August 30, 2010 at 5:34 am

Well, I’m two-fold on this one. On one hand, I gre up on them, and really want a third movie. On the other hand, I don’t want it to be a complete cluster fuck of a movie.

I don’t mind it being new busters, as long as the origionals are there to pass the torch. Then I could be ok with it.

• alex21

September 15, 2010 at 9:47 am

I have see the ghostbusters 1 and 2.One of my favourite fiction/adventure movies of my childhood.I hope the 3 to be such nice as 1 and 2.

• November 22, 2010 at 7:10 pm

Looks like it’s going to be made and completed in 2012, hopefully they don’t screw it up.

• April 4, 2011 at 4:04 am

Sadly, based on what Bill Murray said this past February about Ghostbusters 3 on the Howard Stern show, I don’t think this movie will ever be made. At least not with all the original cast members. At the very least, he sure doesn’t sound to be in too much of a hurry to make it.

• Thompson

May 4, 2011 at 5:31 pm

• CesarGOchoa

September 20, 2011 at 11:42 pm

Ghostbusters 3 is actually the game released for PS3 and Xbox 360 ๐Ÿ™‚

• OfficialJab

September 23, 2011 at 2:03 am

It still seems to be coming out though, even more likely than ever now. Without Bill Murray though, and Sigourney Weaver is still up in the air. @CesarGOchoa

• Starcraft39

October 22, 2011 at 11:10 pm

Wow, this really brings back memories of me and my friends speculating about what would be in Starcraft 2. I think what we would come up with was crazier than what was actually made.

It seems weird nowadays how much I cared back then and how little my life changed when Starcraft 2 came out 10 years later.

• Senna4ever

May 21, 2012 at 4:56 am

I know why there should not be a GB III…cos not everyone involved wants to do it, and if they did get involved it would not be due to the fact they want to but more cos they get paid to.

I don’t want to watch Bill Murray (one of my faves) playing a half assed Peter just cos he’s getting paid.
    Did you not play the GB game a few years back, Murray sounded just so bored with everything.

A GB III would just be a fan service movie and really not worth it.
    Personally I’d rather see them remake/reboot the series than a damp sequel.

• TheFreakMachine

September 23, 2016 at 5:10 am

And then, in the far future of 2016, the new ghostbusters movie came out. And it sucked. It sucked so hard that we hated it. Everyone hated it. But a lot of faminism revolved around it so, whoever criticized it, was banned as mysoginist. In the future happened to james too. He gave a voice to every angry fan that was thincking: “WHERE THE FUCK ARE THE GHOSTBUSTERS?”.
    I remember when, if a movie was good, there was no need to sequel, prequel or remake the thing to death.