The Lost Rocky Montage, 1984

Mike Matei / December 20th, 2006

What if there was a Rocky movie that came out in 1984, between Rocky 3 and 4? Each of those movies used new music from the awesome rock band Survivor! “Eye of the Tiger” (Rocky 3) and “Burning Heart” (Rocky 4). Between those films, Survivor recorded my favorite album of theirs, Vital Signs, 1984. What if a track from that album made it into this imaginary Rocky film? I think it would go something like this. Enjoy.

Comments

• Cat_tit_Bingo

April 27, 2010 at 2:24 am

The way that you express your adoration for movies such as Rocky… Oh wait… There are none like it… 🙂 … You, perhaps as a child of the Philly suburbs, understand how amazing this all is… Makes you feel like you can never lose… Makes you feel like love is a pet shop away, and friendship, determination, and heart is always just lying in wait inside us…. … Or, shit, yeah this is a Fucking good set of movies!!! … If you’re ever in Bethlehem PA, and need a workout. Come lift with me at my gym…. Afterwards, we’ll eat steaks, eggs, and drink copious amounts of lager!!!! ^_0

• Cat_tit_Bingo

April 27, 2010 at 2:25 am

Btw… My best friend, she looks so similar to Adrian. Makes it all even better 🙂

• Cat_tit_Bingo

April 27, 2010 at 2:29 am

It was you showcasing the Rocky movies, and me watching them, that helped me to quit smoking. For serious. Thanks James. You art and love of cinema is, in a weird way, saving lives. . . Cheers mate!!!

• pollracker

April 27, 2010 at 8:02 pm

rocky is honestly no matter how much they add to it the ultimate underdog story a master piece for all time. i have yet to see the newest one and im not sure i want too the originals were just so good

• Cat_tit_Bingo

May 1, 2010 at 4:04 am

@pollracker… The last one, Rocky Balboa (Rocky 6) is my second favorite after the original. I love the Rocky movies. Love em. . . My personal ratings of them are this: 1,6(RB),2,4,3,5 …. \o/

• Curious

January 23, 2014 at 9:21 pm

I had goosebumps watching this. Love Rocky to death and Survivor is pretty badass too!

• Uncle Sporkums

December 10, 2015 at 8:28 pm

You’re right, that album is awesome, James! “I Can’t Hold Back” is also one of my favorite Survivor songs.