AVGN: Master Chu and the Drunkard Hu

Mike Matei / September 24th, 2006

Watch this video on Youtube

Episode notes by Mike Matei:
- In episode 9 the Nerd reviews a strangle blue unlicensed game called “Master Chu and the Drunkard Hu” (NES)
- James felt this review was lacking, and needed an extra humor element. So he brought in a character called “Shit Pickle” to help him review the game. The character Shit Pickle first appeared in an animated parody of the Wizard of Oz we did entitled The Wizard of Oz 3: Dorthy Goes To Hell
- James does Shit Pickles voice. I drew the character.

Comments

• bloodlockscc

April 8, 2010 at 1:13 am

Wow, all your comments disappeared.

• bloodlockscc

April 9, 2010 at 11:49 pm

SHIIIIIIIIIIT PICKLE!!

• May 9, 2010 at 11:28 am

First use of the theme song, and the debut of Shit Pickle, what more could you ask for, I love how the first few years of AVGN he reviewed more unknown games, of course reviewing popular games would mean people could relate more but its good to see some games that people are less familiar with.

• supermark64

June 7, 2010 at 7:13 am

acually, the effect of his clothes moving in the wind is pretty good for the nes.

• supermark64

June 7, 2010 at 3:26 pm

shit pickle

• TacticPwner117XBL

June 13, 2010 at 12:46 am

hm… pickle pickle shit pickle shit pickle pickle shit, HILARIOUS!

“It is one of those wierd baby blue cartridges, so you can tell right off the bat that it is a big piece of shit.”
    “Pickle”

• Rhetticus

June 29, 2010 at 6:52 am

lol, the title rhymes.

• Shidow1123

February 1, 2012 at 7:16 pm

Really? I hadn’t noticed!

• July 2, 2010 at 1:29 am

oh god. i just noticed its a color dreams game. the company that became wisdom tree. pretty strange that the company that be came a christian company made a game with hinduism elements.

• hell

July 13, 2010 at 11:01 pm

im back and yes i all ways try to have a nices gift for all of you and i look right here oh? what do i see here is it? could it really be yes its Master Chu and the Drunkard Hu hahahaha. >:D

• Shadow

July 15, 2010 at 8:13 am

Shit pickle is a weird creature that only says its name? Shit pickle must be a Pokemon! Shit Pickle is evolving! Shit Pickle evolved into Shit Cactus!

• Commenter

July 20, 2010 at 2:33 am

ASS!

• peachdaisy22

July 28, 2010 at 1:12 pm

poop cucumber :)

• Minion of Yahtzee

August 12, 2010 at 11:39 pm

Hot of his big screen debut of Wizard of OZ 3 Dorothy goes to hell. It’s the one, the only, SHIT PICKLE!!!

• SpeedyEric

October 20, 2010 at 1:26 pm

A highlight of this episode is that this is the first episode where James reviews a game from Color Dreams, whom we all know later renamed themselve as Wisdom Tree.

Drunkard Hu? More like Highard Hu.

• jemount

November 21, 2010 at 8:06 pm

Just goes to show you. Not even god can help you sell shitty games.

• metal0737

December 24, 2010 at 9:20 pm

This is the first time I ever saw shitpickle.

• Waendchen

January 23, 2011 at 7:24 am

i was just playing this game and wanted to pause it so that i could watch james review on the game again. but that piece of shit didn’t even stop playing its music when i paused the game, so i had to shut it off! (i was using an nes emulator, so i couldn’t just turn down the volume on my tv!)

• Shit_Pickle

February 5, 2011 at 7:25 pm

James, can you send a HQ or just large picture of this amazing hero (i mean Shit Pickle))?

• SonicX007

February 26, 2011 at 10:58 am

Lolz i remember actualy spending my money on this shitty game and having a hell hard time just saying the damn name XD

• damon

April 1, 2011 at 10:17 pm

I loved shitpickle. you should’ve brought him back!

• rammstein81

April 16, 2011 at 2:09 pm

Shit Pickle should have his own miniseries!

• awesomeness

May 3, 2011 at 8:36 pm

James, when will Shit Pickle return? In my view, SP is one of your strongest characters. But, he seems to have disappeared of late. It’s too bad because he is hilarious. The comedic timing in this video and other early SP videos are really spot-on. We want him back!

• KimuraOkagawa

May 15, 2011 at 10:12 pm

> pokedex lookup shitpickle
    “Shit Pickle, the Fecal Matter Pokemon, and the evolved form of Poop Cucumber. It is commonly found in the basement of reviewers of shitty games, and its brain is specially adapted to playing said games. After playing enough shitty games, it evolves into Diarrhea Cactus.”

• Ozymandias677

May 31, 2011 at 7:01 pm

Two cents of truth: (1) the only game I’ve played on the list thus far is Roger Rabbit; (2) I never payed attention to the review while I kept hearing that fucking Shit Pickle! He defines the term “ROFLCOPTER”!

• DekutheGreatku

June 27, 2011 at 9:29 am

i think im the only one who find shitpickle extreemly annoying and not funny. But i suppose i must be the oddball since everyone seems to like him!

• DVKproduction

July 6, 2011 at 9:33 am

Whatt a piece of shit!…pickle :D

• dirkinator

July 20, 2011 at 8:03 am

shit pickle owes me money. now i know where he lives

• dokng

August 2, 2011 at 8:14 am

I… I played this game… I don’t know why. I don’t know what the fuck I was thinking. Why did I do it? I can’t un-play this game! Three minutes! Three minutes I played this and it’s three minutes I can never EVER have back! Why!!!???

• CollinWahlund

September 12, 2011 at 12:26 am

I never watched this old one. I’d love to have Shitpickle show up in a cameo in the future. Found it funny as hell although you wouldn’t want to do a whole episode with him in it.

• _Slashser_

September 15, 2011 at 1:39 pm

That game really looks like shit(pickle)!!!!

• CollinWahlund

September 15, 2011 at 3:02 pm

Oh, never freaking mind, you DID whole episodes of him as well as the Oz thing.

I find him more amusing as a guest commentator for the Nerd. Wouldn’t mind a cameo there sometime.

That game reminds me a lot of The Legend of Kage. They also felt the need to use both buttons for weapons and thereby relegate jumping to up on the pad. Which was the same for climbing. Hilarity ensues.

Come to think of it, that game is a candidate for the Nerd to hit, IMHO.

• StevenWalker

November 24, 2011 at 1:06 am

i like when shit pickle was like, SHIT PICKLE!!

• senna4ever

December 4, 2011 at 8:51 am

Bring back Shit Pickle. He’s the shit….pickle.

• December 6, 2011 at 10:43 pm

shipickle shipickle

• December 6, 2011 at 10:43 pm

shipickle shipickle

• davidsworld3

December 24, 2011 at 3:08 pm

So you added shit pickle which is verbal diareaha, so assuming you didn’t like him, but then you add a cloned piece of shit of you? Sometimes I don’t get where you get your ideas, or why you implement some of them.

Still I love watching your videos please don’t let the avgn movie stop you from making funny angry nerd reviews.

• davidsworld3

December 24, 2011 at 3:08 pm

• FaytLeingod

January 13, 2012 at 11:13 am

hmmm… baby blue cartridge, no Nintendo seal.

Hey, Its from the Bible Games Guys!

• Shidow1123

February 1, 2012 at 7:23 pm

Lol, the little yellow man thing that fell is actually an item and not an enemy (although I have no idea why they made it look like an enemy, I would never had guessed).

• StephenKing

February 7, 2012 at 9:45 pm

LMAO :) Shiiiiiiit Pickle, pickle pickle shiiiit pickle.

• Rantsu

February 10, 2012 at 5:45 pm

Shit Pickle is so awesome in this episode. So underestimated sidekick. So Great episode.

• OlDirtyVinceDm

March 18, 2012 at 9:09 am

@Rantsu he’s got the best lines :P

• JaysonGeronca

February 11, 2012 at 9:41 am

A game meant to be a martial arts classic, then turned out to be cra****!

Xbox Live Gold Membership (12 months) now available on G-Jays Productions: Game Zone!

(Wii, PS3, Xbox, and PC games and consoles also available)

Visit G-Jays Productions at http://g-jays.blogspot.com/2012/02/g-jays-gameone.html

• JaysonGeronca

February 11, 2012 at 9:42 am

BTW, sh**t pickle is a comedy genius!

(Wii, PS3, Xbox, and PC games and consoles also available)

• OlDirtyVinceDm

March 18, 2012 at 9:24 am

shiva…. a fucking Siamese Twin…saying shiva and maha kali are siamese twins or simply two different people is just like saying god&the holy spirit are siamese or the holy spirit is lucifer’s brotherit’s allright to skip some researches and not go too deep in the esoteric bullshit when you’re only producing a game, but seriously nobody in that office thought of asking some hindus or just open a godamn book at the library before making a game where the actual Supreme God of Hinduism, the kind, gracious, ”The Auspicious One” Shiva is a fucking two headed demon who starts random genocides of the human race..

• semperfi2013

April 18, 2012 at 5:05 am

SHIT PICKLE SHIT PICKLE SHIT PICKLE!!!!!! LOL LOL LOL XD

• Aaron1375

June 24, 2012 at 11:22 pm

Well the ending to this one is better than Ghostbusters anyway. When I was a kid renting games I learned early that if it is a baby blue cartridge the game was going to be complete and utter SHIT!!! Pickle.

• David Whitton

November 29, 2012 at 9:29 pm

Shit Pickle is awesome.

• gluserty

January 8, 2013 at 10:12 pm

I wonder what became of Hu; did he sober up after the demise of Shiva? I learned Hu is a playable character in this game in a two player (simultaneous, woo hoo) game.

• Kuuenbu

March 1, 2013 at 4:21 pm

I’m not surprised this game was unlicensed. There’s no way in hell a game called “Master Chu and the Drunkard Hu” would have made it passed 1980s Nintendo censorship. How else would you explain the name “Soda Popinski” in Mike Tyson’s Punch-Out?

• ToaAntan

March 18, 2013 at 3:56 am

…Shit Pickle makes me instantly think of Meatwad. I have no clue why.

• superdan645

February 5, 2014 at 5:00 pm

… did anyone notice this was made by wisdom tree AKA color dreams?