Death Seen

Mike Matei / December 19th, 2005

“Death Seen”

Made for the 48 Hour Film Project, 2007.

The 48 Hour Film Project is a wild and sleepless weekend in which you and a team make a movie—write, shoot, edit and score it—in just 48 hours.

On Friday night, you get a character, a prop, a line of dialogue and a genre, all to include in your movie. 48 hours later, the movie must be complete.

Then it will show at a local theater, usually in the next week.

-from the 48 Hour Film website

Made for the 48 Hour Film Project, 2005.
Genre: Mystery
Prop: Umbrella
Character: D. Ayers (Political Activist)
Line: “I’ve never seen one of those.”

AWARD: Best Cinematography

Comments

• April 8, 2010 at 12:12 pm

Weird, but awesome!!

• BarrytheBull

April 12, 2010 at 6:24 pm

Was the sound of the dog barking added in post production or did it just work out that he barked that night? I don’t know what it is, but the distant sound of the bark adds to the feel of that evening. Maybe that’s just me… either way, it’s perfect.

• Jime

April 13, 2010 at 4:40 pm

Nicely made short. Compared to your other 48 hour piece, I think this one was much more connected. I guess my only qualm would be that I wanted more, and really is that a bad thing? I would have liked to see a more definite ending, but understand that this was made in 48 hours and there’s only so much you can do.

Well done.

• ccrstarpanda

July 22, 2010 at 2:58 pm

omg, i’m not a racist but i must post this.
    at 1:56, when they shine a bit of light on the man who’s following our main character guy, i yelled outloud “it’s a black guy! run!”
    a bit of bad humor there, my apologies.

• Mattias Nilsson

July 23, 2010 at 4:50 pm

good work dude/ awesome!!!!

• September 28, 2010 at 4:45 pm

people say “I know you made it in 48 hours, so…” well, I know that you know that we know it, so there’s no need to to say it!
    Also, we shouldn’t give excuses! If a movie comes out bad, I don’t care how much time did they took to make it, I won’t like it!
    By the way I liked this.

Another thing: I loved how you randomly put the line in it. It looks like: ‘Ok, the movie is over, guys. Wait a minute! We forgot to put in the phrase! I don’t care, let’s put a squirrel or something at the beginning, it’ll work!’

• videogameobserver

October 3, 2010 at 12:05 am

the actors were pretty good

• October 13, 2010 at 10:37 pm

It took me a bit to realize exactly what was going on but boy, that was spooky and really neat concept.

• smellybut123

April 20, 2011 at 2:52 am

spooky! they should make another but have more time with it so that they can make better ending, i would have liked to have seen an ending like going to save the girl but shes been taken! and he has to try and find her. that would be awsume

• blazbluesonic

May 29, 2011 at 3:16 am

death suit was just stupid. this one was very good.

• BenjaminRoy

December 30, 2011 at 2:11 pm

The film feels a little rushed in terms of sequence, but seeing the allotted time explains enough. I don’t think everyone gets the ending right away, but I think it is very interesting. I believe that the man who is “seen” is death, as the title implies, and I like the twist at the end where the manifestation of death comes to the girl and kills her. Very clever indeed.

• mrsoandso

January 2, 2012 at 2:24 pm

epicness

• itsthelemon

February 19, 2012 at 9:12 am

Very good, I like how it was subtle at some parts, but you still got the message. The umbrella slightly pushing the door was genius. And when the wife turned around, and “he” was there, that was awesome. Best of luck to you James, and I can’t wait for the projects to come.

• MonsterMovieSciFi fan