Mechanical Losses (2004)

Mike Matei / December 20th, 2004

Sort of making a little humor of a serious situation.

The music is from Transformers (1986)

And “The Grudge” by Tool.

Comments

• Jime

April 13, 2010 at 4:24 pm

Daaamn. Hope it was insured. Good that you got out unscathed.

• Liam Gauci

May 3, 2010 at 3:54 pm

holy shit dude, you were lucky to come out of that wreckage in one piece!

• rkish

June 2, 2010 at 11:39 pm

my trucks named casper creepy

• July 3, 2010 at 3:54 am

Did anyone else notice the editing notices at the top (, , )? lol
    Also, hooray for James! So glad he got out okay :3

• July 11, 2010 at 7:29 am

Vangelis… I love that keyboard sound :D

And from the side at 01:08 you look a lot like Motherfucker Mike :P

• July 11, 2010 at 9:19 pm

Damn! It’s a good thing you came out of it really well! If you didn’t survive it, we wouldn’t be able to know you or see all the work you did to keep us entertained.

I don’t even own a car and still I found this scary because this is one of many things I don’t want to happen to me including getting cancer and getting shot! Still, I don’t mind getting a license because I want to be sure that I want to be safe on the road and enjoy a long healthy life.

• Lesley M.

August 1, 2010 at 8:27 pm

Holy Freaking Crap!
    If ever there was a reason to wear your seat belt, this was it!
    Dude, this was so…unnerving!
    I don’t even know you and am freaking relieved that you were ok. The thought of you, or anybody for that matter, flying out of the windshield into the middle of the road…UGH!
    You’re life is a gift and obviously meant for something big.
    Nice video!

BUCKLE UP!!!!

• videogameobserver

October 5, 2010 at 4:53 pm

You will not believe this but a similar thing happened to me. I got a “new to me” car and it wasn’t even 2 weeks when I hit black ice and crumpled the front right corner. Luckily, it was salvagable. Nothing like what you got into. Like a Vietnam vet I met once said, “It’s a great day to be alive.”

• blair85

November 30, 2010 at 9:36 pm

You were lucky to walk away from that. I’ve been in 3 accidents 2 were fender benders, one was a serious accident, with multiple roles, but I’ve always walked away. Weird how things like that happen huh.

Did you get another new car?

• Joes2silly

December 4, 2010 at 12:17 am

I know how you feel, I’ve been driving for a year or so, but just a few weeks after purchasing my first vehicle I totaled it. Not a fun feeling, but it’s always good to be alive

• October 25, 2011 at 11:51 pm

oh my god… this is a bit late to say, but jesus fucking christ this is scary
    im seriously glad you were not hurt, im not saying that just because of the avgn and stuff, i would still say this if this was just a random video on youtube.
    it sucks what happened to the new car, along with your old one. i dont drive so i dont know what its like to lose your first car. but, to be in a crash that you would see in a MOVIE, and survive without a single scratch, is amazing.

• November 22, 2011 at 2:06 am

Yes, you were definitely fortunate to come out of that one alive!

• DonSkiver

January 8, 2012 at 12:33 pm

Hah, I hardly ever hear people say “sugar sand”. That’s a new jersey thing to say.

But in all seriousness, holy shit. You’re a lucky son of a bitch. How fast were you going? I can’t believe you had no injuries whatsoever…

• Flarkman383

February 28, 2012 at 12:35 pm

Holy fuck, I would have shit my pants if i was in that car.

• Rick

October 13, 2012 at 6:22 am

Good God James, late to the party but at least you were okay…

• January 30, 2013 at 12:16 am

Ahh! You had a Corsica as your first car too? SWEET! I sadly had to let mine go too. Rack & Pinion went out. but with all it’s issues that cat served me well for almost 100k. 1994 Corsica v6 Purchased as my first car in 1998, went thru a transmission, motor mount, 3 alternators. had it towed to the scrap yard last year. Just too many other little issues more money to fix than it was worth. The 3.1L V6 purred like a kitten until the end! I will miss that car! As for the Saturn? good lord man! VERY lucky! Glad you are here to game another day!….

• March 31, 2013 at 9:34 pm

Casper got revenge on you for replacing it. :D

• October 11, 2013 at 11:58 pm

The car I drive now, the first car I’ve ever owned, is a Saturn Vue. It’s been through a lot of mechanical repairs, but it’s a tough little SUV!

• April 5, 2014 at 5:59 am